THE BROWNS BOARD

2024 Draft Prospects

SdBacker80

On 9/16/2023 at 1:31 PM, SdBacker80 said:

I’m starting a thread.

Good to see this topic early..

early focus, has been on the Bucks/ Michigan & Notre Dame assumed draft class 👀 got some studs 

Local ACC... I've seen a mix bag of good Edge play & LB'er play that appears to have a deep class in the ACC this season

Underrated names?

NC State's LB Payton Wilson is ranked 12th in college football in tackles. Had 10 vs. Notre Dame 👀  edit 9-23-- 6 solo/ 13 tackles at Virginia 

Staying with the Wolfpack..expect a High Motor Edge rusher named Davin Vann to shoot up draft boards. He's a junior, ranking 6th in sacks at this moment.     

I agree good thread to be looking at, the 2024 draft will be here not that long after the  SB 58 is over. 

LVIII February 11, 2024 (2023)      
Dates: Thu, Apr 25, 2024 – Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Network(s): ESPN; ABC; NFL Network; ESPN Deportes; ESPN Radio   ..... and the madness continues  !

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on the Football Board but repeating it here. Far, far better with equal football speed to swartzey, but with hands extraordinaire is Ainias Smith, WR/Slot, KO and Punt returner for Texas A&M. Browns need real help in the slot and in the return game. He can be had in round 5, but I'd trade into the 4th to be certain. We currently have no 4th round pick, so either up or down would do it. Or just use our 3rd rounder for a position of real need (and we need major help in the jack of all trades department).

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Defensive End Ashton Gillotte Louisville.  Looks like a player and had a game against ND.  Great motor and looks like he has NFL strength 

His picture looks like a high school kid ...... but his stats don't lie.

On Thursday, On3's Charles Power and Clark Brooks released their list of the top 100 players in college football for the 2023 season. On it was Louisville defensive end Ashton Gillotte, who was placed at  No. 64 overall.

As you can imagine, the 6-foot-3, 270-pound edge rusher is arguably the top Cardinal to return from last season's squad, and one of Louisville best overall assets when taking into account transfers. Starting 12 games, he logged 7.0 tackles for loss and 6.0 sacks, which was good for fifth and third respectively on the team and leads all returners. He also tallied 23 overall tackles (11 solo) and two fumble recoveries.

images (13).jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 6:37 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Ainias Smith, WR/Slot, KO and Punt returner for Texas A&M. Browns need real help in the slot and in the return game. He can be had in round 5, but I'd trade into the 4th to be certain. 

Watched Ainias Smith film 🧐.. That stud maybe a 2-3rd rounder after Combine speed numbers..

Started Mock sims.. This Aggie gets to in the 50's. Browns pick at 57.. Does Edge have Mike ILB starting ability iyo ?  Put him on my full film game list.. What games to watch? Is he park-able beside JOK in 2nd round?

Thanks !     https://thedraftnetwork.com/2023/12/29/edgerrin-cooper-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Watched Ainias Smith film 🧐.. That stud maybe a 2-3rd rounder after Combine speed numbers..

Started Mock sims.. This Aggie gets to in the 50's. Browns pick at 57.. Does Edge have Mike ILB starting ability iyo ?  Put him on my full film game list.. What games to watch? Is he park-able beside JOK in 2nd round?

Thanks !     https://thedraftnetwork.com/2023/12/29/edgerrin-cooper-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024

I hated to see Cooper declare because he was our best defensive player overall. He is such an intelligent player who reads offenses well and has the speed to get to the corners on either side of the field. He runs through ball carriers. They rarely go forwards when he arrives. Any minor things he does wrong can be corrected by excellent pro coaching like we now have.

All that said if he and Smith are still there together when we pick, I'd take the more versatile offensive player who can also do all the punt/ko returns and be a slot who finds holes for the QB to zip it in to him. Excellent in the open field. He fills several Browns needs better than another LB.

• Thanks 1