THE BROWNS BOARD

-~ The Official   🏈  Monday Night Football  -  SEA in NYG -  Thread.  🏉  Oct. 2

mjp28

-~ The Official   🏈  Monday Night Football  -  SEA in NYG -  Thread.  🏉  Oct. 2

SEA 7   NYG 0. early.    

One of the biggest Cinderella stories from the 2022 NFL season may have turned into a pumpkin in 2023. After winning nine games last year, the New York Giants don't look nearly as sharp this season.

After a brutal 40-0 beatdown in Week 1, the Giants needed a massive comeback to pick up a win over the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2. The team followed that up with a blowout loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

The Seattle Seahawks present a nice middle-of-the-road opponent for the Giants in Week 4. Seattle is supposed to be a good team after also winning nine games last season, but they aren't considered the cream of the crop in the NFC — like the Cowboys and 49ers.

If the Giants can pick up a win, it would go a long way toward establishing the team as a playoff contender in the NFC. With a loss, the team would have a lot of work to do to prove last season wasn't a fluke.

Follow along with Yahoo Sports as we provide the latest news, scores and injuries as the Giants take on the Seahawks on "Monday Night Football."

• mjp28 pinned this topic

I have no idea why I didn't pick San Francisco as my NFC Champion... I picked Philadelphia, and I don't like picking the losing team in the Super Bowl to return the next year. I even thought about changing my pick during the lead up to the Browns opener, but alas, Fly Eagles Fly. 

Thank goodness it's halftime  .... finally. 

First mistake tonight  ... wife was watching Voice so I started watching Voice  .... d'uh ..... missed the start of the game. Never do that. 

Then the game was turning into a dog .... uh-oh.   Halftime. 

Monday Night Football takes me back to my college days.  1971, game #2.

#2 Monday September 27 New York Jets 10–17 St. Louis Cardinals Busch Memorial Stadium

I turned 21 that night but the bar owner was being  "a funny guy" and I could only drink beer until midnight  - but then it was party on !  And NO CHARGE to me.

Being an old NFL guy I bet STL + UNDER = HIT.   The rest I don't really remember.  :D

■   Is this game back on yet ?  SEA driving.    No fun in NY TIME.

Missed SEA FG still  14 - 3  3rd quarter  snooze-ville game ...... but the G-men have a chance.    ZZZZzzzzzoooo.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Missed SEA FG still  14 - 3  3rd quarter  snooze-ville game ...... but the G-men have a chance.    ZZZZzzzzzoooo.

These games can be so much fun  if/when  both teams are in it.

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

These games can be so much fun  if/when  both teams are in it.

And then the  NY GIANTS QB  does that,  omg, really ?   It's trying to tell me to watch the  11 pm news and lights out on MNF ..... IM FREAKIN RETIRED no work Tuesday. 

4th quarter.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Quick how many teams scored 3 points this week.   Yeah a lot.

Starts with the Cleveland BROWNS  and ends with the MNF NY Giants  for a miserable total of   _4_  teams  in the  tumultuous  WEEK 4.   What a week !

The answer :  BROWNS,  BENGALS, PATROITS, GIANTS. all scored 3 points.

The Giants have been awful since Saquon was injured. Funny how they paid Daniel Jones all that money when it's now apparent that Saquon was their top offensive player that made the o-line and QB look much better than they actually were. Seattle had zero respect for the Giant's running game and had their way with Daniel Jones, rattling him into dumb throws.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MDDawg said:

The Giants have been awful since Saquon was injured. Funny how they paid Daniel Jones all that money when it's now apparent that Saquon was their top offensive player that made the o-line and QB look much better than they actually were. Seattle had zero respect for the Giant's running game and had their way with Daniel Jones, rattling him into dumb throws.

Didn't they sack him like 11 times?

2 hours ago, syd said:

and fucking christ ny has 2 more up coming stand alone games, i mean fuck thank god for Rugby world cup and mlb playoffs and cornhole 

Hey syd,  I see that you were doing some channel surfing too,  not much else to do during a dog MNF game going on.  

• Haha 1