THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Another ZomBabe bites the dust ... Let's see, we've had a Brunette and a Redhead, time for a blonde ... so, in deference to Justin Verlander's scrapy playoff win yesterday ... here's his wife!

712tXEZXs8L._AC_SY879_.jpg

Baltimore at Pittsburgh, Sunday 1 PM

Just when you are convinced you can finally say "Pittsburgh Sucks" with authority, they will win a game they have no business winning. STEELERS 17 RATBIRDS 15

Cincinnati at Arizona, Sunday 4:05 PM

Why is everyone pretending Joe Burrow doesn't flat out suck? CARDINALS 20 BUNGLES 12

ZomBabe Standings 

Alexandra Daddario 4-4

Bryce Dallas Howard 4-4

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Another ZomBabe bites the dust ... Let's see, we've had a Brunette and a Redhead, time for a blonde ... so, in deference to Justin Verlander's scrapy playoff win yesterday ... here's his wife!

712tXEZXs8L._AC_SY879_.jpg

Baltimore at Pittsburgh, Sunday 1 PM

Just when you are convinced you can finally say "Pittsburgh Sucks" with authority, they will win a game they have no business winning. STEELERS 17 RATBIRDS 15

Cincinnati at Arizona, Sunday 4:05 PM

Why is everyone pretending Joe Burrow doesn't flat out suck? CARDINALS 20 BUNGLES 12

ZomBabe Standings 

Alexandra Daddario 4-4

Bryce Dallas Howard 4-4

Baltimore 10   Pittsburgh  8  very late, steelerz fumbled.

...... edit .....   Joey Porter Jr Just got a pick in the end zone !   OMG .... BUT boring without the BROWNS. 

The fact that the Steelers are still in this should be embarrassing to the Ravens.

All they had to do is kick a couple of field goals and this game is probably over, but they go for it on 4th and 2 and turn the ball over on downs in the first half, then with four minutes left in the game Jackson throws about the worst fade anyone has seen since Deshone Kizer and it gets intercepted. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The fact that the Steelers are still in this should be embarrassing to the Ravens.

All they had to do is kick a couple of field goals and this game is probably over, but they go for it on 4th and 2 and turn the ball over on downs in the first half, then with four minutes left in the game Jackson throws about the worst fade anyone has seen since Deshone Kizer and it gets intercepted. 

I've only watched a few minutes of the game.   NFL RED ZONE on the rest of Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I've only watched a few minutes of the game.   NFL RED ZONE on the rest of Sunday. 

I can't believe it.  Pittsburgh TD.

Just now, mjp28 said:

All the Ravens need to do is get points when they present themselves, the Steelers offense is nonexistent. 

Now they've somehow scored a touchdown and amassed a whole 14 points, and have a good shot to win because of the Ravens wasting easy scoring opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Highsmith knocks the ball free from Jackson, Watt recovers, game over. 

I've seen that movie before. 

Yeah. AFCN  football,  what a dum-dum game today.   What's on at 4 ??

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah. AFCN  football,  what a dum-dum game today.   What's on at 4 ??

Screenshot_2023-10-08_160136.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-08_160157.jpg

It's amazing how the roles flip flop from week to week.  We crush the Titans one week, then we get crushed by Baltimore, now Baltimore doing it's best Cleveland Browns impression.  LaMar Jackson just threw a BAD pick in the redzone in a two point game. If the Ravens win we are in second place and Steelers in third. You can't make this shit up. Unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Cincinnati at Arizona or Kansas City at Minnesota here. 

Interesting.   Root against Cincinnati,  root for Minnesota.  One game on CBS, one on NFL RED ZONE.   HEY the sun just came out.    :)

( Too cold to be out on the deck.  Pasta bolognese for supper tonight  .... oven food.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Steelers frustrate those who rely on statistics, analytics, x's and o's and player comparisons to make predictions.

I am not worshipping the Steelers and don't want to get into all that stupid argument bullshit, but they are physically aggressive, and that, given how many of today's players are not committed, is often enough for the them to go above their raisin'.

It wasn't game plan success, they just fucked the Ravens over by punching them in the face. TJ Watt is a disruptor. 

Stefanski is a pussy.

Me and my brother were joking that one thing is for sure that the Browns weren't going to lose this week. The Browns LOST this week. The Ravens had to win but they tanked that game. And the Bengals won, so the Browns basically lost. You can't make this stuff up.

35 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The Browns didn't even do anything stupid this bye week and it still feels like a loss. 

Bengals offense seems to have righted the ship. Kenny Pickett can lead his shitty offense over the Ravens. I'm getting real sick of Stefanski. Watson better come out and ball next week. 

I love our team, but it always seems our future success is dependent on some version of a leopard changing its spots.

We Browns fans are always in a position where we say, "forget about what happened before this week, we are going forward with a new vigor", as in, "NOW we are ready to roll.

I fear, and believe that we have already witnessed the Browns at their best. 

My feeling is that we have seen what these players and staff have to give. The players, to me get a higher rating than the staff, but I think we have seen what we are going to see. 

I think we have a .500 type team, and that's it.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I love our team, but it always seems our future success is dependent on some version of a leopard changing its spots.

We Browns fans are always in a position where we say, "forget about what happened before this week, we are going forward with a new vigor", as in, "NOW we are ready to roll.

I fear, and believe that we have already witnessed the Browns at their best. 

My feeling is that we have seen what these players and staff have to give. The players, to me get a higher rating than the staff, but I think we have seen what we are going to see. 

I think we have a .500 type team, and that's it.

Culture can elevate your weak spots.  We don’t have the Established culture…it was brewing a couple years ago. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Culture can elevate your weak spots.  We don’t have the Established culture…it was brewing a couple years ago. 

I agree 100%. It is football culture that asswipes analytics and finds a Purdy. Kosar is an oddball, but he would have been my choice for GM. Smarts over stupid ass statistics.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think the 49ers are coming in with confidence.

we just need to worry about McCaffery, Bosa, Aiyuk, Warner, Kittle…they way they execute, their play caller, etc.

Weakness?  Hopefully they are over confident sleeping walking on a 10am PT Sunday non conference game 

Not going to happen. There is a reason they are 5-0. We are walking into a buzzsaw. And oh yeah, Brock Purdy is the real deal.

edit

Look at what happened tonight, Micah Parsons didn't have one sack or pressure. Expect them to have a similar game plan for Myles Garrett. I bet it's more of the same. I predict Garrett doesn't have any impact on the game. Our aggressive attacking defense is going to have to play disciplined with all the motion they have.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Not going to happen. There is a reason they are 5-0. We are walking into a buzzsaw. And oh yeah, Brock Purdy is the real deal.

edit

Look at what happened tonight, Micah Parsons didn't have one sack or pressure. Expect them to have a similar game plan for Myles Garrett. I bet it's more of the same. I predict Garrett doesn't have any impact on the game. Our aggressive attacking defense is going to have to play disciplined with all the motion they have.

If SF plays the rest of the year like they did last night, I expect they hoist the SB trophy in 2024. What a machine they have both sides of the ball. Browns are 4.5 dogs in this game. Take the 49ers and at least you have a little bandage to cover an open wound.

7 hours ago, Neo said:

edit

I didn’t see Purdy uncomfortable all night.  They doubled and chipped Parsons…and blitzed just the front four most of the night. It looked like a Patrick Mahomes type defense.  The Cowboys are thin in the secondary they couldn’t man up or find WRs (Niners destroyed them on crossing routes) when they played zones. 

Moving Garrett around is important.  Making Purdy hold the ball a second longer because of coverage is important. We need to pressure him with 4/5/6 or 7 whatever it takes but he can’t sit back there and wait for the crossing routes to come open.  It is an impressive group of WRs though getting YAC…they have three or four guys that can get big yards after the catch. 

Fred Warner on the other side had himself a game. It looked the Cowboys had something on the ground a few times when they ran the ball with four wide and Prescott in shotgun…any and all traditional run sets the Niners were too stout. 

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I didn’t see Purdy uncomfortable all night.  They doubled and chipped Parsons…and blitzed just the front four most of the night. It looked like a Patrick Mahomes type defense.  The Cowboys are thin in the secondary they couldn’t man up or find WRs (Niners destroyed them on crossing routes) when they played zones. 

Moving Garrett around is important.  Making Purdy hold the ball a second longer because of coverage is important. We need to pressure him with 4/5/6 or 7 whatever it takes but he can’t sit back there and wait for the crossing routes to come open.  It is an impressive group of WRs though getting YAC…they have three or four guys that can get big yards after the catch. 

Fred Warner on the other side had himself a game. It looked the Cowboys had something on the ground a few times when they ran the ball with four wide and Prescott in shotgun…any and all traditional run sets the Niners were too stout. 

And for goodness sake somebody cover Kittle. A career 3 DT night.

8 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yep.  They didn’t tackle him all night 3 catches 3 TDs.  And he shouted out after the game about coming to Cleveland next.  Oh boy here we go

They can put Debo in the backfield as RB, they can put McCaffery out wide, and you have to account for both Brandon Aiyuk and George Kittle. Yeah, this isn't going to be easy or fun. Also just wondering how many people know the 49ers (or at least the owners) have an office in Boardman,OH? They also have a 49ers exibit inside the Southern Park Mall.

File:DeBartolo headquarters.jpg - Wikipedia