THE BROWNS BOARD

PSU (+4½)  at OSU.   The game of the day.    OSU wins but by how much ?

mjp28

28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

PSU (+4½)  at OSU.   The game of the day.    OSU wins but by how much ?

PSU 3 and out.   OSU drives the field settles for 3.    Advantage  BUCKEYES,  I went OSU  -4½ today, and the OVER  45 !   *Yeah my sucker bet for the OVER.     I guess I'll never learn, lol.   

GO BUCKEYES  !

......  edit ....   OVER, again, lol.

Edited by mjp28

Why Ohio State can cover ..... I'm looking for this type of game,  I hope.  BUCKEYES win late by 7+ and 48+ points.    

The Buckeyes trailed the Nittany Lions in the fourth quarter of last year's meeting but recorded four touchdowns in the final nine minutes to post a 44-31 victory. TreVeyon Henderson rushed for a pair of scores during the surge and tight end Cade Stover hauled in a TD pass while defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau returned an interception 14 yards to cap the outburst. Miyan Williams also had a touchdown run, and the team hopes to have Henderson and Williams back on Saturday as both running backs missed last week's 41-7 triumph at Purdue with injuries.

Ohio State also lost Chip Trayanum in the win but still didn't miss a beat as sophomore Dallan Hayden filled the void nicely, running for 76 yards and a TD. Junior quarterback Kyle McCord threw three scoring passes against the Boilermakers as he recorded his fifth consecutive performance without an interception. Two of his touchdown tosses went to Stover and the other was caught by junior wideout Marvin Harrison Jr., who finished with 105 yards to give him at least 100 and a TD in four of his last five contests.

End 1st ....  46-6 = need 40 more (big plays for TDs).   Need 13+ per quarter !    

OSU time.

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

End 1st ....  46-6 = need 40 more (big plays for TDs).   Need 13+ per quarter !    

OSU time.

40-7 = need 33 more !    Touchdown BUCKEYES  !    And wearing down the PSU defense. 

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

40-7 = need 33 more !    Touchdown BUCKEYES  !    And wearing down the PSU defense. 

Hopefully they just keep running. McCord makes me really nervous every time he drops back to pass

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

This game just got stuck in the mud.  Third quarter  -0- points. 

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

This game just got stuck in the mud.  Third quarter  -0- points. 

08:59 left......   OSU 13-6.   left,   now what  ?

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

08:59 left......   OSU 13-6.   left,   now what  ?

What ?  How about Marvin Harrison Jr  Touchdown,   11 receptions,  everything  !   OSU  20-6.   3:55 left.   :D

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

PSU 3 and out.   OSU drives the field settles for 3.    Advantage  BUCKEYES,  I went OSU  -4½ today, and the OVER  45 !   *Yeah my sucker bet for the OVER.     I guess I'll never learn, lol.   

GO BUCKEYES  !

......  edit ....   OVER, again, lol.

.    I really,  really liked The OHIO STATE-4½ a whole LOT  no doubt there  -but-  it was too close comfort at the end.  I figured  OSU by -7+,  maybe more.

Now that stinkin'  O/U,  I figured about 48+,  but what I never figured  was a -0- point 3rd quarter,  no way.  But hey that's football,  you never know sometimes.   I had the BUCKEYES   BIG-enough  but with just two more TDs it would have been OVER-heaven including a 2T parlay ..... oh well .... it's called gambling  not sure thing.

But I cleared a few hundred on OSU today.    :).    I never bet less than $100 on anything,  generally  3x to 5x more on my strong side and a hundred or more on the 2T or 3T so I'm good there.   It's always good to have your limits and rules set before you say. "book it".   

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I had this as a 27-17 OSU win.  I thought Penn would run the ball better. Thought the OSU Oline would struggle in spots.  

The OSU defense was GREAT.

This was an 8 point game but felt like a three score game.

Small ask but can Day stop calling plays in the redzone?  

They need a QB that can run. McCord is a statue that, at times, looks lost and hesitant 

15 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

They need a QB that can run. McCord is a statue that, at times, looks lost and hesitant 

He had one instance in the redzone yesterday 3rd and 4 he could have tucked it and taken what looked like a comfortable first down but didn’t and overthrew the guy. 

He’s a good QB…the problem he followed what might be the best intermediate throw QB in a LONG time.  Prior to that a dynamic athlete with a great deep ball.  McCord does nothing really well. 

The fan base has been spoiled 

24 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He had one instance in the redzone yesterday 3rd and 4 he could have tucked it and taken what looked like a comfortable first down but didn’t and overthrew the guy. 

He’s a good QB…the problem he followed what might be the best intermediate throw QB in a LONG time.  Prior to that a dynamic athlete with a great deep ball.  McCord does nothing really well. 

The fan base has been spoiled 

Yes we are spoiled. But why did they recruit a guy that doesn’t fit the system? Even if he had the “Threat” of running would be better. 
Every time he drops back, I feel nervous that something bad is going to happen. Never felt that way with Fields or Stroud

24 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Yes we are spoiled. But why did they recruit a guy that doesn’t fit the system? Even if he had the “Threat” of running would be better. 
Every time he drops back, I feel nervous that something bad is going to happen. Never felt that way with Fields or Stroud

Stroud admittedly came out and said he wasn’t a running back when media asked him if he could run.

They have recruited a couple of athletic QBs this year and last year