THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Cardinals

Orion

image.png.de28a761a58fab0811e33368bd9c5567.png

So, now we try to get back into the win column after the heartbreaking Seattle loss.

The Cardinals are a good running team....but aside from that the numbers aren't good for them.  They're 24th against the pass....but we don't pass well.  Obviously our advantage is running the ball against their lousy run D.....but it's awfully tough to run the ball all the way down the field. 

We've got to do better in the turnover ratio.  No INT's off player's helmets this week. 

It'll be an interesting QB duel (so long as Murray doesn't play).  It seems Josh Dobbs is one team's junk and another team's treasure (briefly).

-  I'll be in Animal Kingdom with the grandboys while the game is going on.  :)  Go Browns!

• Upvote 1

TV stuffs:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=9

We’re a little thin on tv representation this week. Most of Ohio is good, except once again us greater Cincinnatians and my forsaken homies in Van Wert. Most of AZ gets the game, as well as a weird little stretch of CA that borders Mexico. Mexicans totally love the Browns.

The greater Youngstown area gets the game. As does a good swath of WV and a sliver of KY mountain land. 

I spent the better part of the last couple days in Berlin, OH, full on Amish country in Holmes County. It’s gorgeous there! And apparently a dry county? They get the Browns game this week. The Amish totally love the Browns. 

IMG_9418.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/31/2023 at 9:47 PM, Orion said:

So, now we try to get back into the win column after the heartbreaking Seattle loss.

The Cardinals are a good running team....but aside from that the numbers aren't good for them.  They're 24th against the pass....but we don't pass well.  Obviously our advantage is running the ball against their lousy run D.....but it's awfully tough to run the ball all the way down the field. 

We've got to do better in the turnover ratio.  No INT's off player's helmets this week. 

It'll be an interesting QB duel (so long as Murray doesn't play).  It seems Josh Dobbs is one team's junk and another team's treasure (briefly).

-  I'll be in Animal Kingdom with the grandboys while the game is going on.  :)  Go Browns!

~         Well with the. D/G  an interesting  1st  for the  CLE  -10  point favorite this might be fun !    Let's see the rest !

Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns -10  <--●
Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland
Sunday 1 p.m. ET

Money Line: Arizona Cardinals (+380) ; Cleveland Browns (-500)  <--●
Total: 38.5; Opened: 37.5
FPI favorite: Browns by 6.8 (69.4% to win outright)  <--●

Betting Nuggets

• P.J. Walker is 6-2-1 ATS and 5-4 outright in his career as a starter, with every one of those starts coming as an underdog. This would be Walker's first start as a favorite.

• The Browns (5-3)  are 11-20 ATS as favorites under Kevin Stefanski.

• The Cardinals  (1-7) are 1-4 ATS in their last five games after starting the season 3-0 ATS.

• ●--> The Browns are 8-2-1 ATS after a loss since the start of last season, including 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games after a loss.

On 10/31/2023 at 9:47 PM, Orion said:

Considering the difficulty of our remaining schedule, this game is an absolute MUST WIN for me. Arguably the worst team in said schedule, at home. If we are to reach the play-offs, we have got to pick off the low-hanging fruit.

And hopefully, this is good news:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Considering the difficulty of our remaining schedule, this game is an absolute MUST WIN for me. Arguably the worst team in said schedule, at home. If we are to reach the play-offs, we have got to pick off the low-hanging fruit.

And hopefully, this is good news:

I'm glad you brought this up because I honestly believe this game outlines and fortells the remainder of this season.. As you said.. Must win! This game will tell us a lot about the team

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

"hopefully"   -or- pitiful AZ is (1-7) this has to work ..... right !?.

giphy.gif

A  "gimmie" right ?    Can't miss ?  Bet the farm on it.    (lol).

Wore my '64 Championship T-shirt today here at Disney.  Ran into a guy wearing an old #80 Rison jersey.  He said his grandfather gave him that.  lol  What's that make me?  Older than dirt I guess.  Then on the way to the shuttle, a couple wearing Browns apparel said, Hey, I like your shirt.  So you were alive back then!  lol  I'm not wearing this T anymore.  :)  

Who's QB'ing the Cards anyone know?

26 minutes ago, Orion said:

Wore my '64 Championship T-shirt today here at Disney.  Ran into a guy wearing an old #80 Rison jersey.  He said his grandfather gave him that.  lol  What's that make me?  Older than dirt I guess.  Then on the way to the shuttle, a couple wearing Browns apparel said, Hey, I like your shirt.  So you were alive back then!  lol  I'm not wearing this T anymore.  :)  

Who's QB'ing the Cards anyone know?

Ddubs