THE BROWNS BOARD

Early voting downtown is packed

MLD Woody

1 will fail.   Hopefully issue two also:  

The Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association has also cautioned that legalization could lead to greater traffic and workforce accidents, as well as increased substance abuse among state residents.

Last year, a study by the by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that 54 percent of injured or killed drivers had drugs or alcohol in their systems, with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), an active ingredient in marijuana, the most prevalent.

54 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

I ended up voting yes on both 1 and 2. The way to prevent abortions isn't to make them illegal, but to seriously financially incentivize people at every economic level to form families. This would also lessen the need for immigration. 

Not to mention provide education and birth control. Make it easy to access etc. 

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Not to mention provide education and birth control. Make it easy to access etc. 

BC overrated, imo. Pulling out is as effective as condoms. There are more severe side effects to all of the medical/surgical options with higher efficacy. Of course, ACOG will continue to recommend the pharm/surg options, while downplaying the side effects for mostly financial reasons. For example, let's look at blood clots, one of the more common side effects of hormonal BC. If you get a blood clot, you have to go on a blood thinner for months, minimum. The price of the oral medications to do this are about $500-600 a month (Eliquis/Xarelto). If you want to get a cheaper option like Coumadin, then you have to monitor your INR once or twice a week and make dosage adjustments accordingly. And if you happen to fall or get in a car accident while you're on a blood thinner, there's a solid chance you die or are crippled for life. You're seeing a bunch of people going wayyyy out there for natural birth control methods because they feel that their providers aren't being forthcoming about the side effects of BC. 

I voted No on 1.. yes on 2...

Say all you want about weed.. But alcohol is 10x's more dangerous, however... it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their use and behavioral outcomes good or bad...

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I ended up voting yes on both 1 and 2. The way to prevent abortions isn't to make them illegal, but to seriously financially incentivize people at every economic level to form families. This would also lessen the need for immigration. 

I wouldn't think many women who deliver illegitimate children are doing so because they can't get an abortion.

WSS

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I voted No on 1.. yes on 2...

Say all you want about weed.. But alcohol is 10x's more dangerous, however... it's up to the individual to take responsibility for their use and behavioral outcomes good or bad...

It'll probably pass.  I might buy the gummies for a slight buzz now and then.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

Ohio voters approve amendment enshrining abortion access into state consitution

Another victory for trans... were going to hell in a hand basket

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Both were approved

Good for Ohio

1 is NOT good for Ohio.. 2 is acceptable...But bears responsibility

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's also interesting reading about all of the ways Ohio Republicans have attempted to mislead voters on Issue 1. Hopefully it doesn't work. 

I'm a bit philosophical about Issue 1 Woody.  I'll keep how I voted to myself- but not rocket science seeing signs in front of Catholic Churches should give you a hint.  Just because it's legal now doesn't mean you have to have one.... Weed? Money talks, and O-HI-O was losing too much money to Meechigan with people crossing the border to get legal weed. And to quote Ringo Starr... No, no, no I don't smoke it no more- the stuff just gets me too paranoid.    

How about psilocybin, peyote, or mescaline for "religious" use next.... 😉

11 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

That's why I said forming families instead of bearing children. There is a distinction. 

Unfortunately I don't envision the concept of family making a comeback anytime soon.

Anyway I voted no on issue one just because it's the dirtiest campaign I've ever seen and I abstained from voting on issue to cuz no fucks do I give and it was destined to pass with or without my support.

On the other hand I did vote to re-elect my friend Mike Zita as mayor of Norton.

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And even after all of the Republicans attempted misinformation and tricks it's good to see it still passed. 

If true then hey why not, spreading misinformation has worked for demonrats for quite some time.

Not such crime when trying to save lives.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Hopefully 1 passing spares is from a bunch of old dudes talking about the "facts" on abortion... 

At least for a little bit

And even after all of the Republicans attempted misinformation and tricks it's good to see it still passed. 

Liberals hate facts.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Being outspent by at least 12 million just shows that the republicans really didn’t give a shit about what is right.  

Politicians are the scum of the earth.  This country is in bad shape.  It’s moral compass has been intentionally destroyed.

Could be more the dishonesty than the amount of money spent. Vote Yes for life was one of the big tag lines. And people are stupid. And irresponsible.. and lazy. The hat trick for the democrats..

😀

WSS

Also the fake news story about the doctor that had to let a 13-year-old pregnant girl die because of the state law? I have to think that was fake

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1