THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we appreciate that..

Neo

The Browns have won games with three different starting quarterbacks. Really a testament on how far the team as a whole has come. If you really look, all areas of the team have had a hand in the games we've won. Whatever happens next, this has been a memorable season so far. And D Hop with yet another game winner.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bbedward said:

It’s the coaching, I vote this as a merger with the Kevin stefanski appreciation thread.

It's not just the coaching, the players have to buy in. All the players even, even the backups, have a hand in the success. You're right, the coaches deserve a lot of credit though. 

Yeah, I'm totally for these posts. I just really believe that if we had a bit of injury luck, we're a top 3 team in the league. You don't 86 that coach. I mean, imagine if Watson AND Chubb had 4 week injuries and were both coming back? Who aren't we favored over at a neutral field? Not many. 

And how about going for it on it 4th down in at our OWN 35 yard line? And then the beautiful toss play, expert blocking, and finishing the run? Yes sir. Stefanski isn't perfect, but he's the best coach I can remember having in forever and I like his steady approach. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

And how about going for it on it 4th down in at our OWN 35 yard line? And then the beautiful toss play, expert blocking, and finishing the run? Yes sir. Stefanski isn't perfect, but he's the best coach I can remember having in forever and I like his steady approach. 

I'm petty sure my heart stopped during that play. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm petty sure my heart stopped during that play. 

I'm sorry, but my heart stopped pretty much every time DTR dropped back to pass. I'm not going to get too down on him, he did look a lot better then his first outing but he still looks extremely raw. But I will give him credit for beating our arch rival in a meaningful game. Good on him.

Appreciate this teams defensive efforts keeping us in every game..

Stef/ Callahan/ Van Pelt, teaming up on offensive game plans has it's sometimes quirks.. but again... most the key injuries have piled up on their side of the ball..

We got our #2 Coop.. while others have speedsters like Tyreek Hill to Stefon Diggs.. 

Coaches tried to get Njoku going again..nah... After Elijah Moore had a bad drop.. E.Moore took that role over, all the way to helping  this team to a winning drive today ..

Today wasn't Ford's best day by far either.. So Hunt got his..

This team isn't anybodies perfect team.. but hells-bells, lets appreciate they don't quit on games nor on each other .. 

edit--Kenny Pickett vs Canada ain't all these squeelers issues... I picked up J. Warren in fantasy in week 4.. Why is N.Harris still starting & killing 1st or 2nd downs? 

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

We're finally winning the games we would typically find ways to lose them.. It's refreshing for once...

★  And the Cleveland BROWNS have a reliable  kicker  now,  thank goodness !

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Appreciate this teams defensive efforts keeping us in every game..

Stef/ Callahan/ Van Pelt, teaming up on offensive game plans has it's sometimes quirks.. but again... most the key injuries have piled up on their side of the ball..

We got our #2 Coop.. while others have speedsters like Tyreek Hill to Stefon Diggs.. 

Coaches tried to get Njoku going again..nah... After Elijah Moore had a bad drop.. E.Moore took that role over, all the way to helping  this team to a winning drive today ..

Today wasn't Ford's best day by far either.. So Hunt got his..

This team isn't anybodies perfect team.. but hells-bells, lets appreciate they don't quit on games nor on each other .. 

edit--Kenny Pickett vs Canada ain't all these squeelers issues... I picked up J. Warren in fantasy in week 4.. Why is N.Harris still starting & killing 1st or 2nd downs? 

For those banging on DTR- how many catchable balls did his receivers drop?  

I'll stand by my original comments Stefanski was scared shitless about DTR messing up and called the worst "prevent victory" game plan I've seen in a long time. He might as well have told the Steelers what plays he was going to call... Run up the middle, and dink and dunk.  

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

For those banging on DTR

I'm not banging on DTR, I was just wondering why they gave up on Dobbs twice for DTR because he had a good preseason. Just wondering why they were willing to trust a 5th round rookie who was one hit away from starting? And DTR did look terrible in his first start, but in his defense, he wasn't properly prepped. He made good progress from the Ravens and beat a good Steelers defense. I'm happy for him. 

Here's another thing this coaching staff (and players of course) should be congratulated on:

The Browns for years not only would lose to the Steelers and Ravens, they'd let them physically bully them. Honestly, they looked scared shitless.

Not the last two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's another thing this coaching staff (and players of course) should be congratulated on:

The Browns for years not only would lose to the Steelers and Ravens, they'd let them physically bully them. Honestly, they looked scared shitless.

Not the last two weeks. 

People on other teams have come to fear playing our defense. What a great change of character in just one year.

I'm already out of reactions for the day.....you guys all make good points.

Who knows how this will end up? I don't know, but wow it's nerve-wrecking and fun. This team is very united.

56 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm already out of reactions for the day.....you guys all make good points.

Who knows how this will end up? I don't know, but wow it's nerve-wrecking and fun. This team is very united.

And we are about to hit a team just like us in Denver, but with a more experienced QB. From 1-5 to 5-5 and you can see the belief that the turnaround is real on the sidelines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And we are about to hit a team just like us in Denver, but with a more experienced QB. From 1-5 to 5-5 and you can see the belief that the turnaround is real on the sidelines.

It's going to be a war. Russ has a propensity to avoid the rush and make plays down the field. Something I'm nervous about because if you watch the all-22 of our games, there are several instances of WRs running open JUST as pressure gets home. If you play a team that can pick up the pressure or avoid the rush, it could get interesting. I have faith because we still beat the Ravens, and Lamar IS THE premier dude at doing this. Remember that deep ball down the right sideline to Flowers that he JUST overthrew? That's the difference in winning and losing. CJ Stroud is also going to be tough, what a player HE looks like! 

The biggest difference to me will come on offense. Like I told my buddies, I honestly believe Kevin was SO SCARED of the offense losing the game like the first contest that he dialed up the safest plan imaginable. Broncos defense won't offer the same level of resistance, and I wouldn't be shocked if our offense looked more aggressive. It won't be pretty all the time, but I think we can improve. 

Denver is ridiculous, I wrote them off after they lost 70-20 and then they came out of nowhere.

Will be tough on the road, but the Browns are a better team - we will need more than 13 points to get the win. DTR should have an easier time against a less intense pass rush than BAL and PIT. They may tease Flacco throughout the week to throw off the Broncos prep, but I'm sure it'll be DTR again.

55 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Denver is ridiculous, I wrote them off after they lost 70-20 and then they came out of nowhere.

Will be tough on the road, but the Browns are a better team - we will need more than 13 points to get the win. DTR should have an easier time against a less intense pass rush than BAL and PIT. They may tease Flacco throughout the week to throw off the Broncos prep, but I'm sure it'll be DTR again.

Broncos opened as 1.5 point favorites in Vegas. If I were betting I would take whatever the under is for this matchup. I'd match it in a 2 game parlay with LSU giving away 10.5 in Baton Rouge going against a 3rd string A&M QB vs a Heisman winner to be. They owe us for what Achane did to them last year.