THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns getting some national recognition

MDDawg

It's about time .....  (7-3) with musicial  quarterbacks  this season.  And way better results than .....

1988 Bernie Kosar (9) / Mike Pagel (4) / Gary Danielson (1) / Don Strock (2)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)

And maybe (4) again this year !

2023 Deshaun Watson (6) / P. J. Walker (2) / Dorian Thompson-Robinson (2)....... ????

Oh  BTW .....

Starters per season. .....  (4) in one year,  zero.

These quarterbacks have started at least one game for the Pittsburgh Steelers.   From 1933 to 2023. A bunch with (3).  

The Athletic released their weekly power rankings and added a new caveat with an “are they good?” question. I got a chuckle out of it, but l suppose they have a point. Results pasted below…

8. Cleveland Browns (7-3)

(Last week: 5)

Sunday: Beat Pittsburgh Steelers 13-10

Are they good? No

Remember, the question is, “Are they a good team?” not “Are they a good defense?” Cleveland has won five of its last six games and right now Browns fans are setting fire to the comments section of this story, but it’s hard to believe even this defense can support the kind of quarterback play the Browns are getting right now. Dorian Thompson-Robinsonhas started two games and has a passer rating of 42.4. He averaged 3.8 yards per attempt Sunday. In the last five years, only six starting quarterbacks with more than 10 attempts in a game have won a game with a number that low or worse, according to TruMedia. It’s not a winning formula, which is why the Browns signed veteran Joe Flacco after the game.

Up next: at Denver Broncos, Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET

We’re the only team in the top 10 that isn’t “good.” 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The Athletic released their weekly power rankings and added a new caveat with an “are they good?” question. I got a chuckle out of it, but l suppose they have a point. Results pasted below…

8. Cleveland Browns (7-3)

(Last week: 5)

Sunday: Beat Pittsburgh Steelers 13-10

Are they good? No

Remember, the question is, “Are they a good team?” not “Are they a good defense?” Cleveland has won five of its last six games and right now Browns fans are setting fire to the comments section of this story, but it’s hard to believe even this defense can support the kind of quarterback play the Browns are getting right now. Dorian Thompson-Robinsonhas started two games and has a passer rating of 42.4. He averaged 3.8 yards per attempt Sunday. In the last five years, only six starting quarterbacks with more than 10 attempts in a game have won a game with a number that low or worse, according to TruMedia. It’s not a winning formula, which is why the Browns signed veteran Joe Flacco after the game.

Up next: at Denver Broncos, Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET

We’re the only team in the top 10 that isn’t “good.” 

OK, so throw DTR under the bus after two games. 🙄 There's a reason why Joe Flacco was unemployed for so long, he STUNK last year with the Jets. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

OK, so throw DTR under the bus after two games. 🙄 There's a reason why Joe Flacco was unemployed for so long, he STUNK last year with the Jets. 

I get the impression Dorian played within the confines of what was asked of him. I gotta say his composure on the last drive impressed me though.

Nothing about the offense’s play in the second half led me to believe they could even drive it into FG range and l started thinking “man, this might end in a tie.”