THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Long

If I am the HC, I am opening every game sending 4 deep for hail mary passes. Every down.

1) Forces Prevent D

2)Stops the blitz and QB pressure.

3) With 1:21 left who cares if the QB scrambles. With 56 minutes left, it is a huge way to get easy yards.

4) Big open filed for the RB

5) OL Qb, and RBs don't get hurt.

Play 2inut3 football with 56 minutes left. Gobble up easy yards.

• Upvote 2

On 11/29/2023 at 2:37 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

If I am the HC, I am opening every game sending 4 deep for hail mary passes. Every down.

1) Forces Prevent D

3) With 1:21 left who cares if the QB scrambles. With 56 minutes left, it is a huge way to get easy yards.

That's pretty much how my old man always saw it.. Quit the conservative play calling and playing not to lose.. You have nothing to lose..  It's why we both couldn't stand Marty ball. Marty always played chicken shit scared... And made the same mistake everywhere he was HC.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 11:37 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

1) Forces Prevent D

When you decide to talk serious football, you have no equal in terms of football knowledge.

You had to have coached on some level.

• Haha 1

All kidding aside, it's no secret our team has to generate explosive ass plays down the field. It's another reason that Njoku drop was so painful...it was probably a minimum of 30, maybe much more. We're really struggling to push the ball anywhere deep and I get it, how many teams air it out with the 3rd stringer, but we've got to block them up, fake a few shots, and score some points if we're going to win. Let's do it. 

Bernie Kosar loved to haul off and throw way down field about the first play on offense. It gets into the db's heads - back on their heels a good bit. He believed in AGGRESSIVE offense. I miss that.

It seems that stefanski does play calling like his fragile ego is on the line.

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Bernie Kosar loved to haul off and throw way down field about the first play on offense. It gets into the db's heads - back on their heels a good bit. He believed in AGGRESSIVE offense. I miss that.

It seems that stefanski does play calling like his fragile ego is on the line.

He (Bernie) was doing all that no look side arm stuff long before Mahomo was a wet dream and took all the credit for it...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nickers said:

He (Bernie) was doing all that no look side arm stuff long before Mahomo was a wet dream and took all the credit for it...

I highly doubt Mahomes will lose sleep over not being the first QB who has the ability to drop down and throw sidearm.

QBs with multi Super Bowl trophies don't worry about silly things like you do..