THE BROWNS BOARD

It's time to grow

Makes sense. Which is why the owners are against it.

The last CBA, the NFLPA proposed roster expansion. They did get it to a small degree, getting larger practice squads and the emergency QB role. 

53 active guys seems like a lot, until a couple linemen go down on each side of the ball, a few DBs, etc.

I don't know what the right number is, but the owners will be reluctant to pay more guys wages & benefits. 

Kind of off topic, this is why 32 teams is plenty. Further expanding the league could dilute it, especially at QB

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Rules have changed to Make the game more exciting. The modern game is ultra high speed with ultra fast collisions. Compared to 1960 or 1970 I would bet dollars to donuts that injuries are at an all time high.

Time to add another 6 -10 players to the roster size?

Injuries at an all time high even with the improved training methods , helmet design, and rule changes intended to limit injuries.

Players being bigger faster and stronger today is undeniable.

9 minutes ago, syd said:

best damn primetime game i have watched in years. to many pi's tho,damn even kirk and al were moaning about them

Yes it was. One of those games I didn’t want either team to win however.

When Dallas went ahead I rooted for Seattle, when Seattle went ahead I rooted for Dallas.

8 minutes ago, FY56 said:

When Dallas went ahead I rooted for Seattle, when Seattle went ahead I rooted for Dallas.

And I rooted for more TDs from Prescott, my FFL QB this week.

16 minutes ago, FY56 said:

it was a fun game to watch. Tonights last ever pac 12 champoinship game should be a good one also

8 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Rules have changed to Make the game more exciting. The modern game is ultra high speed with ultra fast collisions. Compared to 1960 or 1970 I would bet dollars to donuts that injuries are at an all time high.

Time to add another 6 -10 players to the roster size?

Maybe expand practice squads by a few.

They have enough players.  The roster is at 53, but only 48 are on the active gameday roster.  Maybe expand the gameday roster to 50 players.

• Upvote 1