THE BROWNS BOARD

The Butt Cheek Catch

BernieSuperBowl2

9 hours ago, bbedward said:

Flacco really was calling moores number more than anyone this year, great catch.

Was also nice to see guys like Harrison Bryant and Jordan Akins get some passes their way.

Too bad our receivers kinda suck though

Joe already got the best game out of Moore by far. Timely too, because his acquisition was well on its way to bustville!

If Moore keeps playing like this, I am okay with our receiver room. Coop's a stud. I just wish Bell would be given reps over Tillman. As a rookie, Bell proved he could get open and has good hands, while almost the opposite could be said of Tillman. Hope he just needs time, cause he looks like a potential bust as well. 

9 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Joe already got the best game out of Moore by far. Timely too, because his acquisition was well on its way to bustville!

If Moore keeps playing like this, I am okay with our receiver room. Coop's a stud. I just wish Bell would be given reps over Tillman. As a rookie, Bell proved he could get open and has good hands, while almost the opposite could be said of Tillman. Hope he just needs time, cause he looks like a potential bust as well. 

But Randy Moss cursed Tillman by calling him the best WR in the 23 draft!

9 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Bell proved he could get open and has good hands, while almost the opposite could be said of Tillman. Hope he just needs time, cause he looks like a potential bust as well. 

Dude didn't start getting meaningful snaps until the last 4 weeks.  He's 7 for 16 targets with zero drops.  3 of those 4 games were with DTR and PJ throwing passes. 

No idea how you've managed to arrive at any sort of 'bust' conclusion.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Dude didn't start getting meaningful snaps until the last 4 weeks.  He's 7 for 16 targets with zero drops.  3 of those 4 games were with DTR and PJ throwing passes. 

Kev moved Flacco to practice squad..

Lock n load

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Bell got hardly any snaps at all, despite what I would call showing promise as a rookie, despite below par QB play. I distinctly remember Tillman struggling to get open in the reps he got, which probably correlates with the 9 of 16 unsuccessful targets you mentioned.

You know me, I overreact in one direction or another. I guess my point is: why isn't Bell getting more reps after showing promise, while Tillman is getting them after struggling? We need receivers to get open, and hold on to the ball when targeted. Those are two things Bell has shown to do well. 

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Bell got hardly any snaps at all, despite what I would call showing promise as a rookie, despite below par QB play. I distinctly remember Tillman struggling to get open in the reps he got, which probably correlates with the 9 of 16 unsuccessful targets you mentioned.

You know me, I overreact in one direction or another. I guess my point is: why isn't Bell getting more reps after showing promise, while Tillman is getting them after struggling? We need receivers to get open, and hold on to the ball when targeted. Those are two things Bell has shown to do well. 

My guess would be they really like what they see out of Tillman in practice and in game film when he doesn’t get the ball. Inconsistent QB room is a bit tough for a rookie.

We also have Goodwin who has been gone for what seems like forever probably coming back this week. He may benefit from a stable QB who makes quick progressions

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I think the distinction here is what we both qualify as "open".  Tillman is going to play that classic 'X' role.  So his level of open is going to be a bit less of separation than say, Moore or Coop.  He's the receiver who is going to win the contested catches and work in very limited spacing.   This is where his elite de-acceleration comes into play. 

Problem is, what he needs more than anything for that style to succeed is continuity and ability at the QB position.  We've simply lacked the former and quite a bit of the latter this season.  Marques Colston ... Go check him out with Drew Brees.  His contested catch rate was unreal. 

• Thanks 1