THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Bowns vs Jaguars

Orion

image.png.3f6a55301e7feab916c3086c81900375.png

Well, we're going to have to start winning games if we want to make the playoffs.

The Jaguars just lost to the Bengals and now play us followed by the Ravens.  They certainly don't want to come out of their AFC North encounter at 8-6.  

They're not a great running team...but we've been falling down the Run D rankings like a stone lately.  And they ARE quite good against the run...which is something that we have not been producing very well at, even though the stats tell the tale of us being really good at running the ball.  -  We get a few runs of over 10 yards or more...but in between that it's a bunch of hard fought 2 or 3 yards runs which force us to become a passing team.

Our passing defense is still ranked #1...but we know that without Denzel Ward back there, and without a good pass rush, we've as vulnerable as anyone else.

Obviously, a major question is Will Trever Lawrence play?   I think that it would only be fair that he doesn't play...because we have to play a backup QB.

I won't be able to see the game as we'll be playing an afternoon Christmas show.....and hopefully my 7 year old Jaguars fan grandson will be in the audience.  He told me that I was lucky that I didn't have to watch the Jaguars beat the Browns.  :)  

C'mon Browns....it's time to turn things around!  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Browns, Jaguars Week 14 injury report

This game is all about injuries, and returning from them. Having already lost our starting QB and RB for the season, the injuries just seem to keep coming. First our Pro Bowl DE and CB, also losing our WR1 is just devastating. Myles returned, but using him as a 3rd down rusher for at least part of the Rams' game is not a good sign. Ward has returned to practice, but will he also be hampered? Having two of our DTs on the injury report is the putrid icing on the cake, as we can ill afford to lose any depth along the defensive interior, like the article states. Pray to god that we come out of this game without more injuries!

Somehow, I still have us winning this game. I liked what we saw from Joe last week, and he had another week of practice with the team. His ability to get everyone involved and get the most from a given play should pay dividends against the Jags underwhelming pass D. Our D will give up a couple of devastating plays, as they have been doing, but our O does just enough to keep on top this time:  Browns 27 - 24 Jags.

Go Browns!

• Like 1

Sunday Dec 10

Mostly Cloudy

Day: Mostly cloudy with a high near 47. West northwest wind to 12 mph with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Chance of Wintry Mix

Night: Cloudy with a chance of a wintry mix and a low around 33. Wind chill values as low as 25. North northwest wind 14 to 19 mph with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

not a bad day for some football

Seems like copper practiced today as a full participant but hasn’t yet cleared protocol, potentially a good sign he may be clear by Sunday though.

And neither team naming the starting QB until game day, but I think the browns decision is a little more obvious than the jags.

23 hours ago, bbedward said:

Ward, Cameron Mitchell, Goodwin, and DTR all look set to return this week. Cooper probably not likely, but possible.

On the other side, Lawrence is practicing again today. No idea how 

Pederson... Lawrence is a game day decision.... OTOH, Kev isn't naming his starter either... But if it's not Joe- he should be fired. 

I’m sure it’s just smoke and mirrors, doesn’t make the most sense since it seems so obvious to everybody that it’ll be Flacco…but like Kevin said why name a starter when they don’t have to.

Joe had some incredible throws, like the skinny post to cooper - that’s a throw that even the elite QBs don’t complete at a very high percentage. He’s the guy and Kevin is probably giddy he can open up the playbook - as evidenced by the most downfield throws since he’s been a coach 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It should be Joe the rest of the year.

I’d they start DTR, then you know Kev isn’t making the call. And if that is true, this team is SCREWED. 

Browns Injury Report

• WR Amari Cooper - Concussion/Ribs - Questionable
  • OL Dawand Jones - Knee - Questionable
  • CB Cameron Mitchell - Hamstring - Questionable
  • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - Questionable

Jaguars Injury Report

• CB Christian Braswell - Hamstring - Out
  • CB Tyson Campbell - Quadricep - Questionable
  • RB Travis Etienne - Ribs - Questionable
  • DL Folorunso Fatukasi - Heel - Questionable
  • CB - Tre Herndon - Concussion - Out
  • RB D’Ernest Johnson - Knee - Questionable
  • WR Christian Kirk - Groin - Placed on IR
  • QB Trevor Lawrence - Ankle - Questionable
  • OL Walker Little - Hamstring - Out
  • TE Brenton Strange - Foot - Out

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Browns Injury Report

• WR Amari Cooper - Concussion/Ribs - Questionable
  • OL Dawand Jones - Knee - Questionable
  • CB Cameron Mitchell - Hamstring - Questionable
  • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - Questionable

Jaguars Injury Report

• CB Christian Braswell - Hamstring - Out
  • CB Tyson Campbell - Quadricep - Questionable
  • RB Travis Etienne - Ribs - Questionable
  • DL Folorunso Fatukasi - Heel - Questionable
  • CB - Tre Herndon - Concussion - Out
  • RB D’Ernest Johnson - Knee - Questionable
  • WR Christian Kirk - Groin - Placed on IR
  • QB Trevor Lawrence - Ankle - Questionable
  • OL Walker Little - Hamstring - Out
  • TE Brenton Strange - Foot - Out

If Pederson has a lick of sense, he's not trotting his gimpy franchise QB out there with his starting LT out for the game....

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If Pederson has a lick of sense, he's not trotting his gimpy franchise QB out there with his starting LT out for the game....

I know he practiced in limited capacity, but it’s gotta be a smoke screen. Don’t really get the advantage other than browns waste time watching tape on Lawrence over other things. 

They are in too good of a position to risk their QB aggravating his ankle in December - with Blake Hance against Myles Garrett in shitty Cleveland weather. Can’t imagine you can play on a high ankle sprain very well in less than a week. 

Got a map link here:

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=14 

Big chunks of the US of A get the Brownies on their local tvs this week. Not us suckers in the Bengals infected parts of Ohio, but the rest of you Buckeyes are good. 

Let’s give it up for Birmingham this week. Giving the finger to Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Birmingham loves the Browns.

And Maine. Fuck yeah Maine. 

IMG_9718.jpeg