THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 2 Matchup - Browns Vs Broncos

broncoinskinland

Hi Browns fans, rough loss last week, but there are worse things than losing to a HOF QB, the leagues best RB, and a stout Defense all of whom were eager to show a good start to the season in a rough Division. Moving on to next week...

This years Broncos have obviously been turned inside out over the off season. Lets start with the coaching. McDaniels while IMHO too eager to see the back of his probowl QB, has reportedly earned grudging respect and even in some cases admiration throuigh the locker room if not in the fan base. The vast majority of players demonstrate through hard work in practice and throughout the preseason that buying into McDaniels system is not just lip service in interviews. The Patriot ideals of "Team first" and "the culture of winning" have been key focuses for McDaniels throught the off season, including personel aquired and motivation in camp. Whether or not these ideals will actual affect play on the field remains to be seen, but have no doubts, the vast majority of the team (aside from Marshall and maybe one or two other disgruntled players) believe it. McDaniels himself is a great X's and O's guy, and though game plannning and playcalling throughout the preseason and first game have been vanilla, I wouldn't count on that to continue. If Ortons finger is at least 90% I expect to see the full playbook for our home opener.

On to the QB. Orton has shown no signs that he is anything more or less than he was in Chicago. While he is no Cutler, and will never win a game solely on his athletic ability, he is an adequate game manager, generally makes good, safe decisions, and does have a good career winning percentage (I believe in the area of 62% currently). His finger took some zip of his throws in the Cincy game, zip he really can't afford to lose, but assuming it is better, from what I saw in preseason and previous game footage he will be fairly accurate on most passes under 15 yards. Once in a while he can stretch the field, not with his arm so much as with his eyes, being able to spot an open reciever fairly well. If it weren't for reciever drops he would have had at least two long completions last week. His mobility is non existant however, and if Rodgers can punch through our very good O-line, the sacks will come.

Recieving core. Marshall is an idiot, and had multiple drops in last weeks game, but when he is on his game, he is of course very good. I look for McDaniels to change the way he utilized him last week after seeing his performance. Keep in mind McDaniels had practically nothing to go on last week except film, this week I expect him to use Marshall on short out routes where drops will be less frequent, and allow Marshall to make plays after the catch, something he excels at. I think McDaniels will probably use Royal much the same as last week (although hopefully more effectively). Throughout the game and in fact all preseason Josh has had a tendancy to send Royal short and over the middle. Orton has been leading him straight into defenders, so there is very little YAC, but Eddie has been solid at at least coming down with the ball, even with defenders right on top of him. Expect this to be a regular occurence unless your LB's are very good at defending the pass which I really can't evaluate. (Sorry I am really not up to speed on you guys this year, I got very busy in my personal life and got a big promotion at work, so I haven't even really had time to follow even my Broncos as closely as I would have liked). Stokely and Gaffney all both valid targets, and either can make a big play, but they aren't consistant threats. Graham is a McDaniels favorite, expect him to get a lot of looks at the very least and be the go to guy in tough situations, but beyond coming down with the ball I don't see anything special about him. I really wish McDaniels would step back from the Patriots koolaid and see that Scheffler is a much better threat as a recieving TE. Hillis has great hands for a back, and is far and away the biggest recieving threat lining up in the backfield, also McD has a seeming reluctance to give Hillis the ball on the ground, so if he is in, watch for a screen or a draw play.

Running game. I already touched on the RB's catching abilities, so lets just go straight to the ground. Buckhalter seems to be McD's primary choice at this point in time. He is good at short yardage plays, but I haven't seen anything to indicate a breakaway threat and doubt he will have any run over 15 yards this year, let alone in this game. Hillis is similar, though I feel he can break tackles a bit better than Buckhalter, so if he can get to the edge and shake someone loose he could be a big play threat. Moreno is really an unknown quantity, an early injury means he has seen almost no field time, but if college is any indicator, he is dangerous, explosive, and could be a good threat behind an adequate run blocking line. Also McDaniels has a marked tendancy to go with "his" guys, and since Moreno was his top pick, I expect him to try and plug him in even if it is fitting a square peg into a round hole. I would imagine that this will be his full time debut, the home crowd needs it for the excitement value, it is the first game where McD can plan knowing Moreno will be healthy, and you guys looked susceptible to the run last week, no offense.

O-line. Our best unit when healthy by far, I have some concerns in the upcoming match. Chris Kuper is out, and last week it didn't look like nearly the same line from preseason and last year. The Been-gals managed to get pressure on Orton, whether it was Ortons lack of mobility or the line not being in synch is a big question in my mind, but as much as I wish didn't, I am leaning towards it being the line. Also we have apparently moved from the zone blocking scheme to more of a straight forward power run blocking, which seemed to hurt our usually prolific run game on Sunday. It is unlikely that McDaniels will switch horses mid stream, so I expect to see more of the power blocking, and I have doubts that we can make it effective. Overall I am incredibly disappointed, though not terribly suprised by our Offensive showing last week. I know we have players to be much more effective, but despite buying into mcDaniels scheme, I don't think the players are able to execute it just yet. I predict continued growing pains on O, with at best two or three flashes of the talent we truely have shinning through in what could EVENTUALLY be a good system.

Onto the defense, and a note on Nolan to start. This guy is amazing, the production he has gotten from players who I thought would be out of the league at the end of the season is unbelievable. I wonder what he would have been able to do had we simply left the offense in tact and given him 10 defensive picks to work with. That having been said, recent history of the Broncos indicates our Defense starts strong but fades towards mid season, which may be bad news for my team, but not much help to you guys next week. Any way onto positional breakdowns.

D-line. We have moved to a 3-4, sort of. Several of our OLB's are converted 4-3 DE's which means in many ways we are running a 5-2. Guy's like Dumerville are good at getting to the QB in this scheme, but I worry about our short pass protection capability on the outsides. I think what is a fairly good D on paper, and one that CAN generate pressure on the QB may be vulnerable to short outside passes to the TE's and screens to the backs. If Quinn can get the ball off quick he could make it a very long day for guys that are much more comfortable eating pigskin than trying to catch it.

LB. Andra is doing for us what you guys wish he had been doing for you all along...so far. I saw Andra while watching games with the fiance and have always viewed him as a run stopped, not a pass protector. Combine that with the OLB issues, and we are IMHO extremely vulnerable to the dink-dunk passing game. D.J. Williams is about our best pass protection LB, and that is a fairly scary thought.

CB. Our strongest single unit on the D. Champ is Champ, and while he is losing a step, he is making up for it with cageyness and experience. If I were a QB I would still look elsewhere rather than test what is probably a first ballot HOF'er. On the other side we replaced Bly with Goodman. I think Bly got a bad rap last year, with the vast majority of throws going to his side of the field, and a line that couldn't generate pressure with a vice clamp. All the same Goodman is at least as good if not better than Bly, and I expect a few picks through the course of the season given our improved pass rush and the aforementioned Champ on the opposite side. At backup/nickle we have Alphonso Smith. Many in Broncos nation feel this was a wasted pick, trading our 2010 first rounder (yes, ours not the Bears) for an undersized nickle CB. I couldn't disagree more. I am no fan of the McDaniels personel moves this off season, but this one was good. Smith will be a starting CB within the next three years, his ball recognition skills, speed, and hands more than make up for his size, and if you see him near a play, watch close for the pick, there wil be more than one this year.

Safety. Brian Dawkins is still Brian Dawkins, the hits are still hard, and he is a monster at firing up the defense. He would be perfect here if it weren't for the coverage issues I feel we have in the LB squad. Once again we are vulnerable to the pass, this time the deep pass, but I have faith our CB's can control that for the most part.

The 12th man - Broncos nation is in Turmoil. Half the fans want to enshrine McDaniels in Canton for a 12-7 tip drill win, the other half were burning him in effigy before the first preseason kickoff. I have no idea what to expect from Invesco on Sunday, but whatever it is, you can bet it will be loud. I almost think there will be as much screaming when Orton is behind center as there is when Quinn is. Denver is a powderkeg right now, and the fuse is lit, in some way the crowd will be a factor, you're guess is as good as mine which way that will be.

Hope some of you enjoyed the long read. As always, here's hoping for a good game with no injuries or penalties, and this is the one and only game during the regular season that I will be rooting against you guys.

Edit addition - From the QB section I said McDaniels would open up the playbook, I meant to add I was not sure if Orton would or could utilize it. He seems to me to be frightened to throw the long ball, and seemed that way all off season. It could be subterfuge from McD, but I am just not convinced that Orton can do everything Josh wants and needs him to do.

Broncs fan thanks for some great insight to your team.

GROSSI SCOUTING REPORT

Grossi's Scouting Report: Denver's McDaniels catches a break in his head coaching debut

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Tuesday September 15, 2009, 7:29 PM

Ed Reinke/Associated PressAfter considerable travails in the months leading up to Sunday's season opener, Denver head coach Josh McDaniels was the beneficiary of a most-improbable victory over the Cincinnati Bengals.

BEREA, Ohio -- Nobody was a bigger winner in the NFL's opening weekend than Josh McDaniels, the Barberton, Ohio native and son of legendary Northeast Ohio high school coach Thom McDaniels.

It wasn't just that McDaniels emerged victorious in his first NFL game as head coach of the Denver Broncos on a miraculous deflected pass that crushed the Cincinnati Bengals in the final seconds.

Other factors contributed to make the weekend's events just about the perfect scenario for McDaniels.

The 33-year-old McDaniels, second-youngest coach in the NFL, had endured probably the rockiest start of any coach in memory since replacing Mike Shanahan, the reputed "mastermind" of the Broncos franchise for 14 years.

McDaniels was ridiculed for alienating, and then trading, popular quarterback Jay Cutler. He got more grief by replacing the flame-throwing Cutler with Kyle Orton, a bland, dink-and-dunker. The scorn intensified when Cutler strode into Denver on his high horse in the preseason and outplayed Orton terribly.

So when Orton authored the lucky pass that Cincinnati defender Leon Hall deflected to Brandon Stokley, who took it in for an 87-yard winning touchdown, it staved off the cavalry charge for McDaniels' scalp.

It also behooved McDaniels that the Broncos won despite a poor game by benched receiver Brandon Marshall, who had two key drops and was the intended receiver on Orton's last pass. McDaniels has earned some praise for playing hardball in the preseason with the malcontent receiver, and the win asserted any remaining doubters that McDaniels will prevail against Marshall.

But that wasn't the end of McDaniels' smashing debut. Later in the evening, Cutler threw four interceptions for his new Chicago team, costing the Bears a divisional loss against rival Green Bay.

The MasterCard people couldn't have written a better script. Cutler's huge egg simply made the weekend "priceless" for McDaniels.

Brownie bits: The Browns abruptly announced early Tuesday evening they waived linebacker Leon Williams. They gave no comment in their one-sentence release.

Williams was drafted in the fourth round in 2006. He was a mainstay on special teams since then and started 12 games in 2006 and '07.

TONY GROSSI'S SCOUTING REPORT

BROWNS VS. DENVER BRONCOS

Sunday 4:15 p.m. in Invesco Field at Mile High, in Denver, Colo.

Record: 1-0.

Last game: Defeated Bengals, 12-7, Sept. 13, in Cincinnati.

Coach: Josh McDaniels, 1-0, first year.

Tom Uhlman/Associated PressKyle Orton's accuracy is one of the reasons he was accepted by the Broncos as a reasonable return in the trade of Jay Cutler to Chicago.

Series record: Broncos lead, 20-5 (counting postseason).

Last meeting: Broncos won, 34-30, Nov. 6, 2008, in Cleveland.

League rankings: Offense is 17th (23rd rushing, 15th passing), defense is 17th (15th rushing, 17th passing) and turnover differential is plus-2.

Offensive overview: McDaniels wants to replicate New England's pass-first offense. Lots of dinks and dunks out of a variety of spread formations with the quarterback mostly in the shotgun formation. The key is for the quarterback to deliver the ball quickly and accurately so that the receiver can step by or swat the cornerback aside and make a bunch of yards after the catch. Tom Brady makes it look too easy with the Patriots, of course. McDaniels chose ex-Bear Kyle Orton to be his trigger man. He liked his football smarts and accuracy and, most of all, his .626 career win percentage in Chicago -- 11th-best among all active QBs. With Brandon Marshall trying to play his way out of Denver, Orton's primary targets are Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley and ex-Patriot Jabbar Gaffney. The offensive line is a problem. Both Orton and backup Chris Simms suffered injuries in the preseason on hits while in the pocket. The running game is suspect because rookie No. 1 draft pick Knowshon Moreno missed all but three plays of preseason with a sprained knee ligament.

David Zalubowski/Associated PressLast season, Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia was one of the victims of Elvis Dumervil's quickness in rushing off the edge.

Defensive overview: Coordinator Mike Nolan wants to run the Baltimore 3-4 defense he supervised from 2001-04. The front seven is very aggressive, but Nolan rarely sells out with more than five rushers. The effectiveness is based on the unpredictability of knowing where the rush is coming from. Eventually, rookie Robert Ayers, another No. 1 pick, may be the featured rusher in nickel sub packages. But right now the one to watch is Elvis Dumervil, a holdover from Mike Shanahan's teams. Nolan can be aggressive up front because of his rock-solid secondary. Every starter in the backfield is over 30, led by safety Brian Dawkins, a free agent pickup from Philadelphia. Cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Andre Goodman might be the best 1-2 outside tandems around.

Special teams overview: Everybody has an unknown special teams superstar, it seems, and for Denver it was Spencer Larsen. He's out after a freak accident in the trainer's room left him with a shoulder injury. All their coverage and return teams could suffer. Kicker Dean Prater followed a 7-for-7 preseason with two field goals in Cincinnati, one from 50 yards. Punter Brett Kern has a big leg, but often outkicks his coverage and delivers the ball on a small arc, leading to big returns. Eddie Royal, who handled kickoff and punt returns last year, may give up kickoff duties to rookie Alphonso Smith.

Players to watch:

• Linebacker Elvis Dumervil: This squatty pass rusher uses leverage and quickness to squirt underneath blockers. He had a career-high three-sack game against the Browns as a rookie in 2006.

• Cornerback Champ Bailey: His eight Pro Bowl selections in 10 NFL seasons trail only Hall of Famer Mike Haynes among all-time cornerbacks.

• Receiver Eddie Royal: His nine catches last year against then-Oakland coordinator Rob Ryan prompted Ryan to say last week that he won't get "Eddie Royal-ed again." He had 91 catches and five TDs as a rookie.

Injury report: LB Spencer Larsen (shoulder) is out. OG Chris Kuper (ankle) did not play last week. RB Knowshon Moreno (knee) missed all but three carries in preseason, but did play last week. QB Kyle Orton (finger) played with stitches, a wrap and a glove last week.

Small world: Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was born in Barberton, attended Canton McKinley High School and John Carroll University. ... Broncos running backs coach Bobby Turner coached at Ohio State (1989-90). ... Broncos defensive end Kenny Peterson was born in Canton, Ohio and attended McKinley High School and Ohio State. ... Broncos cornerback Jack Williams attended Kent State. ... Broncos assistant to the head coach Mark Thewes is from Canton and attended McKinley High School. He worked for the Browns from 1999-04. ... Broncos linebacker Andra Davis was a fifth-round pick of the Browns in 2002 and played in Cleveland through 2008. ... Broncos director of pro personnel Keith Kidd held the same job for the Browns (1999-01).

I guarantee a win.

Wouldn't suprise me in the least. I predicted a 5 win season for us, one coming against either you or Cincy, three against KC and Oakland, and one from somewhere in the NFC east (probably the skins). I would not however expect an easy game. These guys are fired up, McDaniels knows the schedule he has ahead of him, knows he is looking at a long dry spell somewhere in the middle, and knows he needs to swing public support early on or risk losing the team and fan base. Expect the Broncos to come out like they are playing a Playoff game, at least froma motivational aspect, if not from a talent standpoint.

Broncs fan thanks for some great insight to your team.

Always happy to talk Broncos football, especially with you guys, who are some of the best fans in the NFL. The scoutng report reminded me of an area I missed, special teams...

McDaniels is holding nothing back on ST's. Expect Royal back returning kicks and punts, Champ on return coverage, he'll throw the kitchen sink at you if he has to. Overall this area is the most improved on the team, both with new young blood, and an increased emphasis in the off season. I still don't know if we have an answer for Cribbs who is simply phenomenal, but expect a very sound showing overall.

Always happy to talk Broncos football, especially with you guys, who are some of the best fans in the NFL. The scoutng report reminded me of an area I missed, special teams...

McDaniels is holding nothing back on ST's. Expect Royal back returning kicks and punts, Champ on return coverage, he'll throw the kitchen sink at you if he has to. Overall this area is the most improved on the team, both with new young blood, and an increased emphasis in the off season. I still don't know if we have an answer for Cribbs who is simply phenomenal, but expect a very sound showing overall.

Our ST's, while we scored last week, were a major disappointment. Cribbs made a very poor decision to bring out a kickoff that he had bobbled in the endzone and subsequently we followed that up with a prepare to punt drive and then Zastudil kicking an eminently returnable line drive. Hence, the Vikes got gift field position. The coverage units were also terrible and our top ST's rookie Maiava, bot a holding penalty.

The Browns need their ST's to be elite weekly, which they are, but they need to show it. One concern for you guys is according to Grossi your punter is the line drive type, which bodes well for Cribbs. I'm also curious if the Browns get Cribbs back involved with the coverage units.

The strength of your defense is the back 4 and Dumervil, so we may be seeing some more Quinn dinking and dunking. Actually, both sides may doing that quite often.

The Browns need their ST's to be elite weekly, which they are, but they need to show it. One concern for you guys is according to Grossi your punter is the line drive type, which bodes well for Cribbs. I'm also curious if the Browns get Cribbs back involved with the coverage units.

Agreed on the line drive punter, maybe McDaniels will be smarter than Shanny against Hester and just kick it away from him. I was flipping between you guys, and the Broncos game Sunday, I saw what looked like a fairly good return from Cribbs towards the end. The guy has impressed me every time I see him, to the point that on 4th inside your 45 I would just go for it rather than let him return, we aren't going to save that much field position anyways.

Yeah but in all fairness to Cribbs I remember one time he did that during a Pittsburgh game, what followed was probably the most exciting and electric kick return for a TD that I've ever witnessed in my life. Can't blame the guy for thinking he could do it again....

I don't remember him being in endzone against Pitt though, like more at one or two yardline.

It was still a poor decision. This was a field position, ball management game. Bringing it out is one thing, but not after bobbling it like that.

From a theoretical standpoint the browns should ravage the bronco's... now enter an over conservative offensive gameplan a new center and qb ,2 poorly performing players on the right side of the o-line ,WRs that are slow in response and speed with no hands or ability to seperate and a defense that wears out from being on the field to much and i would say its going to be a close low scoring game of 3 and outs...;)

Dude he bobbled the ball it went into the endzone he had to go back and get the ball then bring it out.

When you have a player that's taken it to the house as many times as he has and has brought the ball out to mid field as many times as he has I'll let him take it out any time he wants because any one of those times can change the game. If it was Northcutt or some other scrub I would be in agreement with you. But this is Cribbs we're talking about. He can break it anytime. And the more reps he gets the higher the chance is he's gonna break one. Besides at that point he had already taken a punt to the house. My point is if Cribbs wants to take it out, I think he's earned enough juice that he has the leeway to make that decision

Ball was never in the endzone in the Pitt game, look at it again.

He should have never brought that ball out last week, period. You don't bobble a ball that far in the endzone and bring it out. You risk giving your team shitty field position, which is exactly what happened.

The chances of making a miraculous return are minuscule, while the chances of giving your team a shitty starting position are substantial. Also, that bobble happened before the punt return I believe, not that it matters.

Guest ATENEARS
My point is if Cribbs wants to take it out, I think he's earned enough juice that he has the leeway to make that decision

I agree with Inspecta. We needed a play, a spark, and our best offense is Cribbs fielding a punt/kick.

There are plenty of times where a bobbled ball or deep kick throws the timing of the kick team off, over-committment takes place and holes open and someone like Cribbs can still get to the promise land.

It ain't like we got him involved in the offense other than those two red zone plays.

I agree with Inspecta. We needed a play, a spark, and our best offense is Cribbs fielding a punt/kick.

There are plenty of times where a bobbled ball or deep kick throws the timing of the kick team off, over-committment takes place and holes open and someone like Cribbs can still get to the promise land.

It ain't like we got him involved in the offense other than those two red zone plays.

Yeah, well I found no fans around me that agree with either of you two nor the coaching staff that was none too pleasantly pleased as evidenced by them coming out onto the field after him.

Of course you would like it Satn, gives Queen shitty FG position against one of the league's best defenses. A little better than when DA started out around the 50 when Cribbs made a legit return after catching the ball. You were also whining on Facebook that Quinn should have put more than 3 on the board after the failed onside kick....so which is it, field position important or not?

Christ almighty the guy ain't superman, plus the ball was in the middle of the field. It was a stupid, moronic decision by one of our best players, that's all it was. WTF, all this QB bullshit has got guys forgetting the fundamentals of the friggen game.

Guest ATENEARS
Yeah, well I found no fans around me that agree with either of you two nor the coaching staff that was none too pleasantly pleased as evidenced by them coming out onto the field after him.

Of course you would like it Satn, gives Queen shitty FG position against one of the league's best defenses. A little better than when DA started out around the 50 when Cribbs made a legit return after catching the ball. You were also whining on Facebook that Quinn should have put more than 3 on the board after the failed onside kick....so which is it, field position important or not?

Christ almighty the guy ain't superman, plus the ball was in the middle of the field. It was a stupid, moronic decision by one of our best players, that's all it was. WTF, all this QB bullshit has got guys forgetting the fundamentals of the friggen game.

First of all the Vikings being one of the leagues best defenses, was upgraded to the Best Defense ever ... I believe they are calling them the Purple People Eaters II ... so get it right.

Secondly, I wasn't hoping for poor field position, I was looking for Cribbs to freaking score period, because I didn't have much faith that we could dink it in, from the 20-yardline, or hell, even from the 50 as evident to start the game!

Ok, wow yeah the ball was never in the endzone but he was. The point was after bobbling the ball and going back into our own endzone he promptly took it to the house. Like Stan said, Cribbs was and still is our best offensive weapon. We needed to get some field position, and starting at the 10 or 20 is really negligible as far as how your offense goes about starting it's drive. however had he returned it to the 50 well then we start talking about taking some big shots down the field. Anytime Cribbs gets the ball he has the potential to take it to the house, no matter what the "odds" say. He's done it enough times that if he wants to return it from the very back of the end zone I let him have at it. Until opposing ST units can stop him on a consistent basis (which they haven't) then Cribbs should be able to return whatever the f*ck he wants to return at any time no questions asked. I doubt Mangini came down on him for returning that kick. The last thing you want is Cribbs second guessing on whether or not he should return this kick or that kick

Not sure what was said, but at least two coaches approached Cribbs after the stupid ass play. Look, I was there and right behind the play. He was lucky he got that ball out as far as he did. There was absolutely nowhere to go, the whole wall was bearing down on him. I'll say this again, you can bring the ball out if you catch it while in the endzone. You don't bring it out if you bobble it two or three yards deep, then look up and see a wall of defenders bearing donw on you . The play was fooking stupid and the coaches let him know about it. A bunch of us fans watched the whole thing go down after it happened and commented the whole time.

The difference in a manged game like that is you call the playbook at the twenty, at the ten you play paddycake and then let Zastuadil kick. In this case he kicked like a pansy and Minny got killer field position. This all started with Cribbs being stupid.

He's still my favorite player along with Thomas, but I'm not going to stick up for the guy when he does something moronic. Let JT give up a sack or two and watch the fans come calling on how he blows.....

First of all the Vikings being one of the leagues best defenses, was upgraded to the Best Defense ever ... I believe they are calling them the Purple People Eaters II ... so get it right.

Secondly, I wasn't hoping for poor field position, I was looking for Cribbs to freaking score period, because I didn't have much faith that we could dink it in, from the 20-yardline, or hell, even from the 50 as evident to start the game!

Why don't you start making some intelligent posts instead of these over exaggerated slobberfests you have been doing all week. Maybe go back into retirement or something.

You don't post for 4 months then come on here with a bunch of bullshit.

Guest ATENEARS
Why don't you start making some intelligent posts instead of these over exaggerated slobberfests you have been doing all week. Maybe go back into retirement or something.

You don't post for 4 months then come on here with a bunch of bullshit.

Seriously, YOU are going to accuse me of an over exaggerated slobberfest? When you penned the following:

BQ has a TD called back on a throw where haters are trying to say wasn't even a good throw. Then, they go WildDawg and don't score. TD to Quinn. (That's not an over exaggerated slobberfest phantom TD that you are awarding?)

On the pick it was straight miscommunication. It is arguable who made the inappropriate read, although Braylons took credit for it. Wipe the pick off. (That's not an over exaggerated slobberfest phantom erasing of an INT?)

He very easily could have had a 22-36 game with 2 TD's, 250yds and no picks. (That's not am over exaggerated slobberfest phantom inflating of stats and accomplishments?)

Granted, the late TD was dressing but it was hugely needed to get the monkey off their backs. Those aren't that bad of stats, and maybe Braylons catches the one go route if he runs the right route. What that translates out ot in QBR I don't know, but probably well above 100. (That's not an over exaggerated slobberfest phantom inflated QB rating?)

On the Garo, DA never gets the opportunity to do something that goofy because he would have been sacked or chucked up a possible pick beforehand. (That's not an over exaggerated slobberfest phantom wish on the back-up/competition? )

Point being, Quinn did not play well and seemed reluctant to take more shots, but he was also feeling quite a bit of pressure, going up against a top defense, playing his first home start after being named full time starter and with a whole new staff and tons of different personnel. (That's not an over exaggerated slobberfest excuse filled closing line to an over exaggerated slobberfest excuse filled post?)

He was not as bad as he is being made out to be. Give the kid a chance.

(Kleenex?)

Broncos fan, how old is the stadium? Does it have a good "pitch," unlike San Diego's shityard? I know they just built it recently, right? I'm in row 16, 50 yard line, Browns side. Row 16 in Cleveland is amazing... in San Diego, it's a mile from the field.

Embarassingly enough I don't know about the field "pitch", it was built in 2001. I have never been to the stadium myself, there are a ton of people over at my "home" website though who could tell you all about it, and many who will be tailgating if you wanted to drop by for a beer. Drop me a PM if you want the website info.

Seriously, YOU are going to accuse me of an over exaggerated slobberfest? When you penned the following:

Can't even talk the facts related to the thread.

Stupid take on Cribbs bringing the ball out. Let me know if you need ole Riff to give you some basic fundamental breakdowns of football next tailgate.

We'll work on more witty and handy comebacks for you then. Let's see, how many ways can we come up with Quinn sucks and bash fellow posters who don't throw him under the bus?

Broncos fan, how old is the stadium? Does it have a good "pitch," unlike San Diego's shityard? I know they just built it recently, right? I'm in row 16, 50 yard line, Browns side. Row 16 in Cleveland is amazing... in San Diego, it's a mile from the field.

Shep I have been to Invesco Field many times (I pissed off Jake Plumber and he flipped me off, he got fined). The pitch is nice at the beginning of the season at the end sucks. When the ground is frozen. It's dirt. Very nice stadium over all, next door to Six Flags. Nice until about October. The most annoying fans anywhere, not violent (except the guy who threw a battery at my head) but annoying.

Go to the Wynkoop Brewery. 50 or so pool tables and the largest microbrewery in the US. Walking distance from Invesco.

Would anyone care to do a similar write up (as short as you want) for me to post on the website I hang out on most of the time? Denver fans asking questions about Quinn, Cribbs, your OL, etc. Normally I would do a similar one for them, but as mentioned I haven't had time to keep up to date on you guys this year. You can either post it here, and I will cut and paste it (with credit given to original author on my site) or you can PM for the URL though you have to register to post, or indeed even read on my site.

You're right of course, but Cribbs rarely makes a boneheaded mistake like that, and in fact I wouldn't call it boneheaded only because he is so talented you never know what can happen if he brings it out. Man I never want to take the ball out of his hands, but that was one play I am sure he'd want back.

Would anyone care to do a similar write up (as short as you want) for me to post on the website I hang out on most of the time? Denver fans asking questions about Quinn, Cribbs, your OL, etc. Normally I would do a similar one for them, but as mentioned I haven't had time to keep up to date on you guys this year. You can either post it here, and I will cut and paste it (with credit given to original author on my site) or you can PM for the URL though you have to register to post, or indeed even read on my site.

Classy.

Guest ATENEARS

Go ahead and post the link, Lord knows we've tried hard to shame the apologist here away in droves and it hasn't worked. Maybe you can take some of these members off our hands, if only for the week.

Go ahead and post the link, Lord knows we've tried hard to shame the apologist here away in droves and it hasn't worked. Maybe you can take some of these members off our hands, if only for the week.

www.orangemane.com is the board, thanks Stan. Been a while since I have been here, the aforementioned busy life taking too much time, but you still run a class establishment, hope to see more of ya soon :)

Archived