THE BROWNS BOARD

Daughter Has Landed A Major Book Deal

TexasAg1969

She has written several international award winning books, but now she has written one so well that 5 German publishers got into a bidding war for the right to publish it in Germany, Austria and Switzerland simultaneously with the English version on Sept. 3. That pushed it into a "major" deal for the first time ever for her novels. She promises a trilogy as follow up to part one on that date. Already working on the 2nd with a plan in her head for the final of the trilogy.

English version is called "The Games the Gods Play" by Abigail Owen

The German Editor was so enthralled by it that she almost missed her train stop as she read it on the way home. Big plans for publicity in train & subway stations and shopping malls throughout those three countries. Wife and I plan to go to Vienna or Munich at the time of release just to be able to see her book "in lights" so to speak. We ordered the deluxe edition hardcover version through Amazon which will look far different from the cover you see in the order. So next Xmas get one for your wife or GF. They will love you forever for it. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

She has written several international award winning books, but now she has written one so well that 5 German publishers got into a bidding war for the right to publish it in Germany, Austria and Switzerland simultaneously with the English version on Sept. 3. That pushed it into a "major" deal for the first time ever for her novels. She promises a trilogy as follow up to part one on that date. Already working on the 2nd with a plan in her head for the final of the trilogy.

English version is called "The Games the Gods Play" by Abigail Owen

The German Editor was so enthralled by it that she almost missed her train stop as she read it on the way home. Big plans for publicity in train & subway stations and shopping malls throughout those three countries. Wife and I plan to go to Vienna or Munich at the time of release just to be able to see her book "in lights" so to speak. We ordered the deluxe edition hardcover version through Amazon which will look far different from the cover you see in the order. So next Xmas get one for your wife or GF. They will love you forever for it. LOL!

Ordered the 'Deluxe edition' for my daughters Christmas present next year.  

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Ordered the 'Deluxe edition' for my daughters Christmas present next year.  

I'll tell her you ordered one. She thinks it's the best she's ever written and the letters she had from the 5 different editors vying for the German rights totally reinforced her opinion. Before her books would make her thousands of $$, but this one gets her hundreds of thousands just for the German version. A Brazilian publisher has the Portuguese rights and they are still working on French, Italian and Spanish rights.  Movie rights are in the background, but a very real possibility if it is the hit they think it will be.

Oh and what I meant by "in lights" is that those displays in all those public locations are electronic advertising for the first of the trilogy.

• 3 months later...