THE BROWNS BOARD

Showboating / Dancing after every play

Orion

Is anyone else sick of that?

Every incomplete pass...somebody's doing some sort of gyrations in celebration.  Even if the receiver clearly had a step on him and it was just overthrown.   Every tackle, somebody's spoon-feeding themselves, or somethin'.  Every friggin' play.  I'm so sick of seeing Emerson II's gyrations (except for the fact that the pass musta' been incomplete).

We need more Nick Chubb's........and quite frankly, Joe Flacco's.

• Like 1

Some of this may be exacerbated because our defense has played well this year. More incomplete passes, more 3 and outs, more TFLs than previous years, therefore more cause for celebration. I guess if it keeps the mojo flowing then have at it. 

I chuckled at the spoon feeding mention and look forward to variations of that weird little celebration. Can we get Dlinemen spoon feeding each other? Complete with airplane noises? 

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Every incomplete pass...somebody's doing some sort of gyrations in celebration.  Even if the receiver clearly had a step on him and it was just overthrown.   Every tackle, somebody's spoon-feeding themselves, or somethin'.  Every friggin' play.  I'm so sick of seeing Emerson II's gyrations (except for the fact that the pass musta' been incomplete).

I'm beyond sick of it... It looks juvenile..

4 hours ago, Orion said:

could have sworn I read where Coach Schwartz encouraged it

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I agree 100%. I cannot stand it.

Here comes the but....

Football, compared to all other sports, gets the least games and the least opportunities to play.

Travel baseball players play as many games in a two day tournament as most HS FB players play in a single season.

FB has the shortest season and the longest off-season, even though I hate excessive celebrations, I think the guys have earned.

Plus, if it makes them feel like they play their best I am all for it.

The most intimidating thing on a FB field is a man that makes a great play and nobly goes back to the huddle or the sideline like he expects himself to do so every time.

Not everyone is wired that way.

• Upvote 1