THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North (Thurs. Edition)

Zombo

• mjp28 pinned this topic
  • mjp28 unpinned this topic

I had BAL 39 MIA 24.     PIT 24. SEA. 27     KC 45   CIN -1 lol, no 27 in a preseason game.

It really is strange when our  BROWNS. play on TNF,  worse than a BYE week.

Geeezus  Baltimore scores again  56 - 19,  thump !  Almost over .... thank god.

And the  NFL Winners  from the end of  WWII  to 1970  back when NFL was real and primative.    And when Cleveland took over professional football from  DAY 1 as the  BEST  football team  in the business.     :)

1970 (Super Bowl V) - Baltimore Colts
1969 (Super Bowl IV) - Kansas City Chiefs; (NFL: Minnesota Vikings)
1968 (Super Bowl III) - New York Jets; (NFL: Baltimore Colts)
1967 (Super Bowl II) - Green Bay Packers; (AFL: Oakland Raiders) 
1966 (Super Bowl I) - Green Bay Packers; (AFL: Kansas City Chiefs)
1965 - AFL: Buffalo Bills; NFL: Green Bay Packers
* 1964 - AFL: Buffalo Bills; NFL: Cleveland Browns (NFL)
1963 - AFL: San Diego Chargers; NFL: Chicago Bears (NFL)
1962 - AFL: Dallas Texans; NFL: Green Bay Packers (NFL)
1961 - AFL: Houston Oilers; NFL: Green Bay Packers (NFL)
1960 - AFL: Houston Oilers; NFL: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL)
1959 - Baltimore Colts
1958 - Baltimore Colts
1957 - Detroit Lions
1956 - New York Giants
1955 - Cleveland Browns
1954 - Cleveland Browns
1953 - Detroit Lions
1952 - Detroit Lions
1951 - Los Angeles Rams
* 1950 - Cleveland Browns
1949 - Philadelphia Eagles
1948 - Philadelphia Eagles
1947 - Chicago Cardinals
1946 - Chicago Bears
1945 - Cleveland Rams

What we found out is the Dull-phans (usually) can't beat their way out of a paper bag when they play a decent team..   Bungles gotta Bungle, and surprised the Squealers managed to win on the left coast.  

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

What we found out is the Dull-phans (usually) can't beat their way out of a paper bag when they play a decent team..   Bungles gotta Bungle, and surprised the Squealers managed to win on the left coast.  

Very surprised at the Steelers result…their playoff scenario is actually fairly realistic, just needing Buffalo to drop to Miami.

The bungles no surprise, what would be surprising is if they drop to our backups they will finish 0-6 in the division. Don’t think anyone would have predicted that.

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

Very surprised at the Steelers result…their playoff scenario is actually fairly realistic, just needing Buffalo to drop to Miami.

The bungles no surprise, what would be surprising is if they drop to our backups they will finish 0-6 in the division. Don’t think anyone would have predicted that.

They mustve broke out the steroids for that 1 lol

OK, So Ana De Armas went 3-1 last week, and 3-1 this week, including the playoff clinching prediction, so she is the winner of the 2023 ZomBabe contest and we'll ride her through the playoffs.

Updated ZomBabe Standings 

Ana De Armas 13-3

Minka Kelly 2-1

Alexandra Daddario 4-4

Bryce Dallas Howard 4-4

Isabela Merced 7-8

Kate Upton 5-8

BLONDE_STILLS_354857.JPG

Here is a summary of how the Cleveland Browns are viewed across mainstream media outlets in NFL Power Rankings heading into Week 18 of the 2023 NFL season.

CBS Sports - No. 5 (up 2 spots)

Kevin Stefanski is the coach of the year for getting this team to the playoffs with so many injuries and Joe Flacco resurrecting his career. Amazing.

ESPN - No. 7 (up 2 spots)

Biggest offseason contract to watch: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

The Browns recently signed safety Grant Delpit to a three-year, $36 million extension. Cleveland could lock up another one of its young core defensive players later this year. Owusu-Koramoah is having a breakout third season (98 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 INTs) and is a major reason the Browns have arguably the top defense in the league. The 2021 second-round pick out of Notre Dame will be extension eligible this year and figures to be the next Cleveland defender still on a rookie deal to get a big payday.

NFL.com - No. 7 (up 2 spots)

In our search for teams capable of winning it all this season, the Browns make the cut — even if some still doubt their credentials. They’re not doing it in any kind of expected or predictable way, which is how it tends to go for teams that are absolutely ravaged by injury. But you had better believe I am taking seriously a team that has beaten the Ravens and 49ers — and has seemingly upgraded at quarterback (over P.J. Walker and an injured Deshaun Watson) since those games. Joe Flacco is getting a little loosey-goosey with the interceptions, but he definitely has the playoff pedigree, big-game nerves and deep-ball arm to will this team on a postseason run. It’s possible there is no group better-equipped to deal with the Ravens, because of Flacco and a dominant defense. Cleveland might be the team — along with Buffalo — that no one wants to face on the AFC side. You could even argue the Browns are more dangerous than Buffalo, and I might not put up much of a fight, even as banged up as Cleveland is.

Sporting News - No. 4 (up 2 spots)

How about Joe Flacco, again? Here comes a mini-season MVP outside of Baltimore and a rising Comeback Player of the Year favorite. He has the Browns on track to face his former team in a division rematch in the divisional round.

Yahoo Sports - No.8 (up 1 spot)

The Browns are one of the teams facing a decision on whether to play starters in Week 18. They are locked into the AFC’s No. 5 seed. It’s a great opportunity to get some players rest before they face the AFC South champ on wild-card weekend.

Bleacher Report - No. 8 (up 1 spot)

You cannot stop Joe Flacco. You can only hope to contain him. For the fourth consecutive game, the Browns quarterback topped 300 passing yards and threw multiple touchdown passes—this time against one of the league’s better pass defenses and without No. 1 receiver Amari Cooper. Flacco’s big game Thursday came with his children in attendance, and he told reporters that this surreal season is made all the better by the fact that he can share it with his kids.

“You don’t know how many of these moments you’re going to get,” Flacco said. “Not too many people get the opportunity to have kids as old as mine and that understand what’s going on—get to witness this. And I think it’s cool for them, but ultimately, it’s really cool for me. I’m going to remember this for the rest of my life. And anything that you get to do with people that you love, especially your children, they just make everything that much more special.”

Cleveland’s fourth straight win and seventh in nine games clinched a playoff spot for the Browns. But given how this team and its 38-year-old quarterback are playing, Cleveland’s aspirations are quite a bit loftier now than just making the playoffs.

USA Today - No. 8 (up 1 spot)

They’re the first team in NFL annals to reach the playoffs despite starting four quarterbacks in multiple games … though that adversity is what led them to resurrected Joe Flacco.

cj.0.png dbn.0.png bb.0.png btsc.0.png
  Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers
CBS Sports 17 5 1 13
ESPN 18 7 1 12
NFL.com 18 7 1 15
Sporting News 19 4 1 11
Yahoo Sports 19 8 1 15
Bleacher Report 19 8 1 16
USA Today 21 8 1 19
Average 18.7
(down 2.8)
(up 1.4)
(no change)
(up 2.2)
  • Thanks 1

We need a new one, but I’ll go on the  record since stoolers start soon

Steelers 20

Ravens 17

Think Steelers win a close one, and miss the playoffs still since I don’t expect the Jags or Bills to lose

Browns 27

Bengals 13

Browns are tough to beat at home, and this will be a home game. Our practice squad make Browning look even more pedestrian than he has lately

21 minutes ago, syd said:

Love the way this guy calls the play  DAWG POUND

Just saw the DT was fined $16k for the hit to Flaccos head, the refs standing right there missed it of course (not that it matters, since it was a TD anyway)

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

Browns are tough to beat at home, and this will be a home game. Our practice squad make Browning look even more pedestrian than he has lately

It's at cincy.

24 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Yea but there’ll be more browns fans than bengals fans, I assume - “like a home game”

Especially if the weather turns nasty before the game ..... the BROWNS are playoff bound this time.   (time to check updated wx report)

Screenshot_2024-01-06_223739.jpg

Not too bad of a wx report except maybe a little wind ....  no ice bowl game.   January 10th 1981 ... not  January 7th,  WHOA, I remember that one !

In National Football League (NFL) lore, the Freezer Bowl was the 1981 AFC Championship Game between the San Diego Chargers and the Cincinnati Bengals. The game was played on January 10, 1982, at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium, and televised by NBC, with announcers Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen. The game, won by the Bengals, 27–7, was played in the coldest temperature in NFL history in terms of wind chill. Air temperature was −9 °F (−23 °C), but the wind chill, factoring in a sustained wind of 27 miles per hour (43 km/h), was reported as −59 °F (−51 °C) under the calculation method then in use.[1]