THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who watched the Saturday Night Game

hoorta

Campbell, you're a dumb ass. You cost the Lions that game...  There's a difference between being aggressive and being stoopid.  Great, you burned the 'Boys on that fake punt. Then you shit the bed multiple times playing anal-itics  Going for it on for it on fourth and hardly makeable several times. Kick the first chip shot FG on 4th and goal from the four yard line in the first half. 

Then for the love of GOD, when you get dinged for an unreported tackle eligible extra point with seconds left in the game, please just kick it and take the game into overtime. 

I can guarantee you if Stefanski had pulled this shit instead, we'd all want him to be fired immediately.   FACT

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Campbell, you're a dumb ass. You cost the Lions that game...  There's a difference between being aggressive and being stoopid.  Great, you burned the 'Boys on that fake punt. Then you shit the bed multiple times playing anal-itics  Going for it on for it on fourth and hardly makeable several times. Kick the first chip shot FG on 4th and goal from the four yard line in the first half. 

Then for the love of GOD, when you get dinged for an unreported tackle eligible extra point with seconds left in the game, please just kick it and take the game into overtime. 

I can guarantee you if Stefanski had pulled this shit instead, we'd all want him to be fired immediately.   FACT

Some people lay to win, Larry. That's all there is to it. He wanted the ball to be in his hands.

There is absolutely no guarantee that the XP would have been good, or that the Lions would have won in OT.

Marty and Bernie would have kicked the xp, then lost in OT.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Some people play to win, Larry. That's all there is to it. He wanted the ball to be in his hands.

There is absolutely no guarantee that the XP would have been good, or that the Lions would have won in OT.

Marty and Bernie would have kicked the xp, then lost in OT.

We'll never know that Tom...  Did you even watch the game? Just asking...  But what I DO know is Campbell disdained TWO chip shot field goals, Went for it on 4th down with four to go several times instead of punting, fucked that up and gave the Cowboys excellent field position. In a defensive game... DUH pal- FIELD POSITION MATTERS.  And if he had those extra six points in hand, he could have kicked the winning field goal instead of praying his two point conversion (from more than the two yard line) was the ticket to a win. Dallas had been stuffing them on short yardage most of the time all game.. Just as likely as losing in OT in a tie game, FWIW. The guy is approaching brain dead. 

All I can say I'm glad as hell he's not coaching the Browns. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

We'll never know that Tom...  Did you even watch the game? Just asking...  But what I DO know is Campbell disdained TWO chip shot field goals, Went for it on 4th down with four to go several times instead of punting, fucked that up and gave the Cowboys excellent field position. In a defensive game... DUH pal- FIELD POSITION MATTERS.  And if he had those extra six points in hand, he could have kicked the winning field goal instead of praying his two point conversion (from more than the two yard line) was the ticket to a win. Dallas had been stuffing them on short yardage most of the time all game.. Just as likely as losing in OT in a tie game, FWIW. The guy is approaching brain dead. 

Agreed... Make those two kicks.. You win the game.. There was no need to over think it... You only go for it on 4th down in 2 scenarios.. One... Your steam rolling an opponent beyond the point of no return.. Or , it's the 4th 1/4 and you are behind... It's simple logic....

I think Campbell kept going for 2 because of a couple things:

• they clinched and the worst they can be is a #3 seed, he was hoping for a shot at #2 seed
  • he didn't want OT and was content with his decision

But yeah, early in the game take the damn points and you (would think) won't have to stress & scramble later on. He's done these types of moves all season, and unlike the ex-Chargers coach (Staley), his team has a far better success on 4th downs. I'm surprised he didn't run Gibbs on one of those tries.

48 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

They should have been given the two point conversion.  They go ripped off because everyone knows the Cowpukes are 'Americas Team'.🤮

I mean, they were ripped off - but the refs announced 70 was eligible not 68. So maybe it would have changed the defense too if they were told the correct guy was eligible. Seems like they should have waited to snap it until the refs announced the correct number as the eligible receiver.

And the lions had a 1 seed scenario, this game took them completely out of contention for that. Should have kicked it after the penalty.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Did you also see how dumb Mccarthy was? Passing it like 3 times when Lions had no timeouts?! That's the ONLY reason they had time to get down the field and score. It was like watching two morons out-moron each other. Crazy. And then possibly the worst referee gaffe in the history of the game? I saw the guy report. The camera has it. Why would an interior lineman report?! 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I think Campbell kept going for 2 because of a couple things:

• they clinched and the worst they can be is a #3 seed, he was hoping for a shot at #2 seed
  • he didn't want OT and was content with his decision

But yeah, early in the game take the damn points and you (would think) won't have to stress & scramble later on. He's done these types of moves all season, and unlike the ex-Chargers coach (Staley), his team has a far better success on 4th downs. I'm surprised he didn't run Gibbs on one of those tries.

I just kept laughing/seeing a picture in my head of, Dorsey tossing Depot's nonsense game-call lynics into his trash can.. Campbell must lock Dorsey in a padded room, now at Lions 🤣 😂 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 4:09 AM, nickers said:

Agreed... Make those two kicks.. You win the game.. There was no need to over think it... You only go for it on 4th down in 2 scenarios.. One... Your steam rolling an opponent beyond the point of no return.. Or , it's the 4th 1/4 and you are behind... It's simple logic....

And have the kick blocked and returned for 2, and new criticism comes up.

Life is not about the outcome. It is about doing what you believe is right.

Next thing someone will tell me that Christ should have kept his mouth shut and he would lived. 

The Lions are in the playoffs. There is guarantee that a kick is going to be good. Refs, not the play calling beat the Lions.