THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The BROWNS released both P Matt Haack and G Joey Fisher from practice squad.

mjp28

~         Here's a name that threw me for a minute  .....  Matt Haack  ....  and guard Joey  Fisher, both released.

●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~~●

BEREA, Ohio (WKBN) – The Cleveland Browns have released punter Matt Haack and guard Joey Fisher from the practice squad.

In addition, the team has also re-signed defensive end Sam Kamara to the practice squad.

Haack appeared in one game for the Browns after signing to the team’s practice squad last week. He was filling in for injured punter Corey Bojorquez, who is likely to return from a quad injury in week 18.

He punted three times for the Browns last week, averaging 41.7 yards per punt.

Kamara is in his second NFL season out of Stony Brook.

Originally signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2021, he has appeared in 10 career games.

Kamara has spent most of 2022 and 2023 on the Browns’ practice squad, appearing in one game this season.

Categories: Cleveland Browns, Home, Sports
  • Thanks 1

~          And in other P, K, and other taxi squad news .....  always a pet project of mine since high school when I played around with punting and kicking with my first old  "left square toe the Lou Groza style"  kicking shoe in 1965.   Did not go very far when the  "soccer-style" kickers AND  the crazy  "bare footed"  kickers were coming of age in the late 1960s.   I did pretty good puntijg but got beat out by senior classmen but always followed it.

Oh when I turned in my  "very old left square toe shoes"   to the equipment room I have  NO  idea where they went  -but-  I imagine now  "left square toes"  are pretty rare if not extinct.

●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●~~~~~~~~~~●

The Cleveland Browns have elevated P Matt Haack and K Riley Patterson from the practice squad.

Haack (6-0, 205) is in his seventh NFL season out of Arizona State. Originally signed by Miami as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Haack has appeared in 98 career games with the Dolphins (2017-20), Bills (2021) and Colts (2022). He has booted 429 career punts for 19,087 yards (44.5 average), landing 160 inside the 20-yard line. 

●  Patterson (6-0, 195) is in his third NFL season out of Memphis. Originally signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2021, Patterson has appeared in 37 career games with the Lions (2021 and 2023) and Jaguars (2022). He has made 58 of 66 field goal attempts and 87 of 90 PATs. This season, he appeared in 13 games with the Lions and converted 15 of 17 field goal attempts. Patterson will wear No. 36.