THE BROWNS BOARD

I just want to point out how stupid Mike Florio is

Guest AdaM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-jake-delhomme/

Odd quote from Steve Smith to Jake Delhomme

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2009 11:28 PM ET

In a segment from the Week One game between Philadelphia and Carolina, during which Panthers receiver Steve Smith was wearing a microphone, a bizarre exchange unfolded between Smith and quarterback Jake Delhomme, who coughed up five turnovers in a 38-10 drubbing.

Delhomme, whose confidence clearly is shattered, apologizes to Smith while the duo are sitting on the bench.

Says Smith: "I never really liked you as a quarterback. But as a person . . . I love you as a person."

Here's the video.

Hey, it could have been worse. After all, Smith could have simply sucker punched Delhomme.

Still, it's a bizarre comment for Smith to make, and the fact that Delhomme just takes it all in stride makes us wonder whether he will ever be able to get back whatever it was that he lost during the 2008 playoff game against the Cardinals.

Read the comments below the article, how anyone gives this guy credibility is beyond me.

Some of you believe that Panthers receiver Steve Smith was joking when he told quarterback Jake Delhomme during Sunday's game, "I never really liked you as a quarterback. But as a person . . . I love you as a person."

And we realize that there's a good chance that Smith was joking. Or that it was a serious statement couched as a joke.

Or maybe Smith was dead serious

Some of you? Florio, 100% of those replies were telling you it was a joke. While Smith has had his share of stupid ass stunts with his teammates, this isn't about Smith, it's about you and your constant fabrications. Asshat.

Smith was definately just using some dark humor to lighten delhomme up and ya florio is a real piece of work...but this team now boasts rip scherer as its qb coach does anyone here really wonder why delhomme has a problem?

Unfortunately both DA and BQ are still recovering from the butchery of that idiot...;)

Sorry to say and I know its the unpopular way but...........

You guys dont get it.

The guy (or any sports reporter) does this thing all the time. Its called business. More controversy more views more advertisments more money. This guy started out as a fan and created a website at his home. Built it up and now NBC (or someone) basically bought his website for some nice coin to get the whole fan base. He used to get so many views a day it would crash his server.

These people that put all those bad comments on there are the same people visiting his site X amount of times every single day.

I find him entertaining and funny at times. And where he is wrong sometimes he often nails it. And in one word he is not plain like other "reporters".

But in the end YOU guys dont get it.

My bad for calling out the obvious now carry on.

So you're justifying Florio being the worst NFL reporter because he started his own site... ?

worst response. ever.

What???? Dude WTF are you talking about? Im not even going to respond to that. You are not that dumb adam. I know you have it in ya. You have potential, now just tighten your chin strap and go in there and hit someone. Quit trying to impress everyone and have people think that you are cool on a message board.

Talk some football. Every one of your posts are one line and always trying to make fun of someone. Im challenging you to talk some football adam. lets see what you got.

Good luck

What???? Dude WTF are you talking about? Im not even going to respond to that. You are not that dumb adam. I know you have it in ya. You have potential, now just tighten your chin strap and go in there and hit someone. Quit trying to impress everyone and have people think that you are cool on a message board.

Talk some football. Every one of your posts are one line and always trying to make fun of someone. Im challenging you to talk some football adam. lets see what you got.

Good luck

I have this pot I'd like you to meet....

You cant be but 14 maybe 15.

Good on ya boy good on ya.

Unlike your sorry ass, I've actually met several of these guys. You keep playing the holier than thou card though.

Since you're new here, I'll just assume you're an idiot and let you flop some more.

Sounds like the new regime is changing everything about Quinn's footwork. I guess they had a lot to undo from the last QB coach?

Smith was definately just using some dark humor to lighten delhomme up and ya florio is a real piece of work...but this team now boasts rip scherer as its qb coach does anyone here really wonder why delhomme has a problem?

Unfortunately both DA and BQ are still recovering from the butchery of that idiot... ;)

Good luck

Hey ramrod

As soon as you show pics of your hot girlfriend, on this site, then you can challenge aDam.

Hey ramrod

As soon as you show pics of your hot girlfriend, on this site, then you can challenge aDam.

I also brought my hot girlfriend to 3 games last year and tailgated :)

last year after the giants game I saw 3 sets of hot chick tits during the post game tailgate on dock 20. any of them your girl AdaM?

Na, we get the F out of dodge when the game's over. Way too long of a drive home to think about anything other than getting home.

I'm going to wait a few games and make sure its actually worth buying tickets for, unlike last year, before I know which games we'll come to.

See ya guys at the tailgate :)

I hear ya. I have an hour and half drive myselft. but i figure, sit in the car not moving for and hour or fire up the grill again and have another beer while I wait.

Park at the mall parking garage and you won't have to wait, maybe 15 mins at the most ;)

car ramrod

I actually think it's YOU that doesn't get it. I understand that Florio does this for attention, but he is an asshat.

Send him an email asking him what his opinion of the Steelers and roids in the 70's or the Steelers and HGH this decade. He'll dodge that and defend the Steelers all day long. If it were any other team and especially the Browns, Ravens or Bengals, he would eat that up.

My point is that these guys simply think he is a tool and they are sort of tired of guys like him being considered media sources. A very high percentage of his rumors turn out to be complete BS and they wish more people would call him out.

They said nothing of how "successful" he has been because of his site. They are just tired of his act and venting their frustrations. That's what message boards are for.

car ramrod

I actually think it's YOU that doesn't get it. I understand that Florio does this for attention, but he is an asshat.

Send him an email asking him what his opinion of the Steelers and roids in the 70's or the Steelers and HGH this decade. He'll dodge that and defend the Steelers all day long. If it were any other team and especially the Browns, Ravens or Bengals, he would eat that up.

My point is that these guys simply think he is a tool and they are sort of tired of guys like him being considered media sources. A very high percentage of his rumors turn out to be complete BS and they wish more people would call him out.

They said nothing of how "successful" he has been because of his site. They are just tired of his act and venting their frustrations. That's what message boards are for.

Hmmm.

Go back and read my first post again AZ. I think that you are missing the point. Im voicing my opinion just like others and as "I" said "I" think that he is entertaining. I never said what kind of fan he is or Roids or asshat or whatever the hell you are saying. My point was that he is an asshat and the fans are still coming back for more and talking all this shit about him. THEY still come back just like I do and the reason, its entertaining, its something out of the ordinary and to be honest its hilarious sometimes.

Thanks for sticking up for your teenage boy but my friend YOU still dont get what im saying.

I told you its unpopular.

Hmmm.

Go back and read my first post again AZ. I think that you are missing the point. Im voicing my opinion just like others and as "I" said "I" think that he is entertaining. I never said what kind of fan he is or Roids or asshat or whatever the hell you are saying. My point was that he is an asshat and the fans are still coming back for more and talking all this shit about him. THEY still come back just like I do and the reason, its entertaining, its something out of the ordinary and to be honest its hilarious sometimes.

Thanks for sticking up for your teenage boy but my friend YOU still dont get what im saying.

Send me a post card from your dream world please.

Hmmm.

Fans are going back to his site for rumors, not his humor or opinion. Most people don't give a shit about Mike Florio's commentary. His "humor" is why I check his site once or twice in the offseason rainstead of the once or twice a week like I did pre-2005.

He obviously has done quite well for himself, but so have a lot of journalists, athletes and entertainers that suck.

Fans are going back to his site for rumors, not his humor or opinion. Most people don't give a shit about Mike Florio's commentary. His "humor" is why I check his site once or twice in the offseason rainstead of the once or twice a week like I did pre-2005.

He obviously has done quite well for himself, but so have a lot of journalists, athletes and entertainers that suck.

Ok, thanks for letting me know that. I really appreciate it.

Archived