THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ Will the two  KELCE  brothers retire ?  Too early to tell ?   Should other players retire ealier ?

mjp28

From yahoo sports ....  ▪︎--> This is the entire artcle.   1/17/24.

Will the two  KELCE  brothers retire ?  Too early to tell ?   Should other players think about it too ?

Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce isn't ready to say that he's hanging up the cleats.

In the wake of Monday's wild-card loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the 36-year-old utilized his "New Heights" podcast to address recent media reports about his retirement.

“I didn’t announce what I was doing on purpose, despite, I guess, what’s been leaked to the media,” Jason told his brother and podcast co-host, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. "I just don’t think you’re in a position after a game like that to really make that decision. I just don’t. There’s too much emotion in the moment, there’s too much going down in the moment to really fully grasp that decision.”

Multiple major networks were correct in reporting that the six-time first-team All-Pro spoke with his teammates after the 32-9 blowout loss. During the address, Kelce attempted to encourage his team in the end of a frustrating season. "I believe in every single one of you guys. Cherish the moments you have in this league," Kelce said during his locker room speech.

The loss marked an unbelievable collapse following the Eagles' 10-1 start. Kelce fought tears as he recalled the emotion in the locker room. Some of his peers offered sympathy regarding the dismal nature of what could have been his final game.

"A lot of guys [said], 'If that is your last game, I feel sorry for you,'" Kelce recalled. "I'm like, 'Don't feel sorry for me, mother f****r. I had a f*****g..."

Choked up, he looked away from the camera and nodded in silence. The words "great" and "career" could have come next in the interrupted sentence. But if he had put it all together, he would've officially been talking about his decorated run in the past tense.

• mjp28 pinned this topic

Do most NFL players   "hang around"  too long and why ?   

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, nickers said:

Travis can take his dipshit user GF with him...

Let me guess....

Taylor Swift is woke.

And she's got more money and fame than Travis Kelce would ever dream of having, but of course in your miserable, bigoted mind, Taylor Swift is using Travis Kelce!

The amount of stupid that pours out of your mouth or fingers on a daily basis is almost impressive. 

And once again, allow me to actually steer this conversation away from nicker's idiotic ramblings to the topic.

It's hard to tell someone to give up something they love doing, but I'll tell you this, if I was one of those athletes who was talented enough to play another sport professionally, I'd pick that other sport in a second. Football or baseball? I'm taking that guaranteed money and playing baseball for 12-15 years, then being content that I will know where I am when I'm 60. 

It's hard to walk away from football, in general, because it's such an exclusive sport. 10-12 year old travel baseball players play more games in a weekend than most high school kids get in a season and more games in a season than most high school kids get in their whole life. Only two teams per class or division get to play 14-15 games in a season. 

Way too many high school kids try to play small college football. My freshman year at a D3 school, we had 60 freshman. Half didn't come back after the first semester and a quarter didn't make it to their sophomore year.

Look no further than the current state of college football where guys are able to make a small career bouncing around two and three schools over six, seven, eight, yes, eight seasons. 

Most NFL Players hang on as long as possible because they'll never make as much money doing something else, though in the digital/social media age that might start to change. I'm sure the biggest thing the guys miss is the locker room and camaraderie. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Let me guess....

Taylor Swift is woke.

And she's got more money and fame than Travis Kelce would ever dream of having, but of course in your miserable, bigoted mind, Taylor Swift is using Travis Kelce!

The amount of stupid that pours out of your mouth or fingers on a daily basis is almost impressive. 

there was this t.v preacher and he said taylor does satanic rituals on stage and called travis mr. pfizer .I bet nickers is in that camp

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AP1 said:

Most NFL Players hang on as long as possible because they'll never make as much money doing something else, though in the digital/social media age that might start to change. I'm sure the biggest thing the guys miss is the locker room and camaraderie. 

Absolutely true, and it made the story about the ex-Lions WR (whose name is escaping me) so very interesting to me.

He wasn't a superstar, but a guy who played for a decent amount of years, and he and his wife lived on a $5000 a month budget, while he was probably making upwards of a million a year. He was a NFL player driving a Mazda 3. 

Guy was brilliant. I'd like to think if I played in the NFL I would have done the same. 

Edit: The player's name was Ryan Broyles. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

~      Mr Dutch was right on the guy and facts,  and per Spotrac  ●-->

Estimated Career Earnings

YEAR TEAM AWARDS SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE EARNINGS
2012 Player Cash Earnings   $390,000 $1,115,272 - - - - - $1,505,272
2013 Player Cash Earnings   $557,205 - - - - - - $557,205
2014 Player Cash Earnings   $570,000 - $104,409 $50,000 - - $4,660 $729,069
2015 Player Cash Earnings   $181,614 - - $50,000 - - - $231,614
4 seasons   $1,698,819 $1,115,272 $104,409 $100,000 - - $4,660 $3,023,160

SEASONS TEAM   SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE TOTAL CASH
4 seasons Player Cash Earnings   $1,698,819 $1,115,272 $104,409 $100,000 - - $4,660 $3,023,160

And look for the   good  items  those that are often covered   upfront   and often   guaranteed  like signing bonuses,  roster bonus,  workout bonus, incentives.   The salaries are     "nice"   but the others are      "ca$h in your wallet guaranteed  money"    regardless of injuries, cuts, whatever.     :)

Hey I have a Masters' Degree in  money !    Why ?   Because it's where it's at.

How I research a player current or retired start with this and specify  Spotec in search.   (and it's  FREE )

Ryan Broyles

EMBED THIS
LIONS, WRAge:35-292dExp:3 Years
Drafted:Round 2 (#54 overall), 2012College:OklahomaAgent(s):David Dunn (Athletes First)

Previous Contracts       ( Fines and suspensions  -  none. )    Smart kid.

To see the rest of the Ryan Broyles' contract breakdowns, & gain access to all of Spotrac's Premium tools, sign up today. Already Subscribed? Login Here

Team signed with2012-Fi2015ENTRY LEVEL

Ryan Broyles signed a 4 year, $3,678,500 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $1,115,272 signing bonus, $1,422,477 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $919,625.
CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $3,678,500 SIGNING BONUS$1,115,272 AVERAGE SALARY$919,625 GTD AT SIGN:- TOTAL GTD:$1,422,477 FREE AGENT:2016 / UFA