THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Hire New OLine Coach To Replace Callahan

Dutch Oven

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/2/7/24065274/report-seattle-seahawks-ol-coach-andy-dickerson-has-found-a-new-job-cleveland-browns

Browns hire long-time OLine coach Andy Dickerson, formerly of the Seahawks and the Rams. 

Pretty wild that he interviewed for an OC job and ended up with the OL job. 

I wonder if....

When he interviewed for the OC job, the Browns knew Bill Callahan was going to Tennessee. 

If he is getting OC type pay or position pay. 

My concern is now that he has interviewed for an OC job, after next season he would again start interviewing for OC jobs and the Browns are back to square one.

51 minutes ago, AP1 said:

Pretty wild that he interviewed for an OC job and ended up with the OL job. 

I wonder if....

When he interviewed for the OC job, the Browns knew Bill Callahan was going to Tennessee. 

If he is getting OC type pay or position pay. 

My concern is now that he has interviewed for an OC job, after next season he would again start interviewing for OC jobs and the Browns are back to square one.

That was the nice thing about having Callahan, you got the impression at his age that he was fine with being an OLine coach for the rest of his coaching career.

Still, the guy we got sounds like a good one... for as long as we have him. 

• Upvote 2

I expect a huge drop in O line play next season.. This kid definitely ain't no BC...

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Why so optimistic? 🤣

Come on man.. Callahan made chicken salad out of chix shit as Gipper would say...Bill Callahans don't grow on trees.. Bill Wylie was pretty good be he's a totally different strategy.. That voice in players ears mean a lot... And Bill had them tuned in... This kid should do OK.. But lets not think this is just gonna run seamlessly like drawn butter on the back of a broiled lobster tail.....

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I expect a huge drop in O line play next season.. This kid definitely ain't no BC...

any fact's to back that up ? oh wait I almost forgot who i quoted ? of course he doesn't 

• Haha 1