THE BROWNS BOARD

A. Davis from a Denver fan

Dman444

Hey guys, thought I'd talk some football with the opposition this week.

What is your guys' opinion on our LB we picked up, Davis. So far I've seen an excellent leader and run stopper on first and second downs. He is everything we did not have last year in our LBs, he wraps up, can tackle, and is a great run stopper.

What's the reasoning he was let go? A liability in the pass game?

He was liked here. Played hard, durable, solid, but was part of a team collapse last year when everything seemed to go wrong offensively leaving the defense hung out to dry. It was pretty depressing around here in November and December and the entire team just sunk.

Our local press has said he seems to have responded to the change of scenery with vigor and renewed commitment.

It is not surprising he is doing well out there.

Davis had many detractors here, many unfair in my opinion.

For a fifth round pick by Butch Davis out of Florida he turned into a pretty good player. He brings great character values and leadership to a team and is a great community guy. Coaches love him, however his big knock is that he doesn't make enough tackles near the line of scrimmage.

He's probably not the cover guy he was, which was never great, but he can plug the gap for you guys until you find someone to replace him. He also has a tendency to wear down over the course of the year, but our defense was always on the field.

Andra Davis in the 4-3 as a MLB would be a solid player. In the 3-4, he will eventually show you his weaknesses. He seemed to get considerably worse each year he was here. If the 2008 Andra Davis were here instead of Eric Barton, Peterson would have ended up with 220 instead of 180.

If the 2008 Andra Davis were here instead of Eric Barton, Peterson would have ended up with 220 instead of 180.
i'm not so sure about that statement az. Barton still has a LOT yet to prove.

Dman, he's one of the best LB's in the league in the snow>>>for certain. he keeps his footing and has great balance and quickness in it, it's uncanny. so if you get a few inches of the white stuff that's where you'll really see him shine and have his best games. he's also a phenomenal teammate and will never throw anyone under the bus either. a real pro.

we'll certainly miss you as a person Andra. good luck against your former NFL alma mater this weekend.

Bottom line --- you have a good, young, smart, aggressive, average LB that should serve your team well.

He makes plays underneath when he can, but don't expect much behind the LOS. Sure tackler, good in run support, and once in awhile can surprise in pass capabilities. Big and strong, we always wondered how he got beat at the point of attack, but damn if that didn't happen all the time.

My take: I hope he finds a way to make some plays at the LOS.....but not against us, which I really doubt will happen with Andra.

Exactly Davis's glaring weakness has and always will be his speed and the fact that he isn't very physical, which is crucial for a 3-4 MLB. At this point in his career he's a solid back up. Great character guy but nothing to write home about.

Bottom line --- you have a good, young, smart, aggressive, average LB that should serve your team well.

He makes plays underneath when he can, but don't expect much behind the LOS. Sure tackler, good in run support, and once in awhile can surprise in pass capabilities. Big and strong, we always wondered how he got beat at the point of attack, but damn if that didn't happen all the time.

My take: I hope he finds a way to make some plays at the LOS.....but not against us, which I really doubt will happen with Andra.

30 is young? Hell if he was a RB he'd be in the junk pile

Archived