THE BROWNS BOARD

One Game

WPB Dawg Fan

BQ played well. He took what the defense gave him. He didn't force things. He managed the game. He avoided sacks. He didn't panic.

He did better than most people thought he would....BUT!!!

This was against a Denver Bronco defense that ranked:

29th in yards allowed (389, we got 399)

27th in passing yards (242, we got 239), QBR against of 103.1 (BQ got 104.1)

27th in rushing yards (146, we got 160)

Basically, he did well against a VERY POOR DEFENSE!!!

I loved what I saw. And the fact he did it with only 1 practice is pretty amazing...but I want to see more than one game before I start talking about him being the Browns future. After all, DA's first start made this game look pedestrian!!!

Point well taken and I have to agree. But the way in which he moved the ball by moving around, buying time. Making good decisions. It looks very promising, but he will have some bad games, he will face some good defences. The rest of this year should be a good measure what what we can expect in the future.

Great great points you guys and I agree that it take some CONSISTENT performances before I can feel totally secure with BQ.

BUT, with all that pressure of a short week and nationally televised game, BQ showed up in a big way. Just about all nite I was remarking that "DA couldn't have made that throw/play".

While I can agree, there were things Quinn did that looked very promising no matter what defense you put back there. For one, look at the intangibles. You can tell he has the "it" factor DA never came close to: I loved the energy he brought and the ability to connect on clutch plays. Secondly, for his first start with only one game of practice I was amazed at his level of poise and game management. He looked like a veteran. No foolish mistakes, no delays, and no false starts (besides Edwards). I expected a lot. What I saw was a lot more.

Archived