THE BROWNS BOARD

Best sporting event you attended

I’ve been to so many

I was at game 7 of the eastern conference semi’s against the Celtics. Larry Birds last game. The Cavs won

I was at the double OT game Browns vs Jets, the Browns won

I was at the Browns vs Patriots in 1994 playoffs. The Browns won

But my favorite was a regular season NHL game in pittspuke, at the old igloo. It was the penguins vs rangers. It was Wayne Gretzky vs Mario Lemieux. 2 of the greatest players in their sport of all time
And the Rangers won

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Game 6 1991 WS Twins / Braves -had centerfield seats with perfect view of  Puckets rbi robbing catch off the plexiglass and walkoff HR 

Jack Buck "and we'll see you tomorrow night"  for Jack Morris 10 inning marvel)

Dec 1989 Browns win OT vs Vikings  in a cold as hell weekend after a huge snowfall  (bunch of my friends traveled to Cle for a 3 day drunkathon)

MANY Mn Northstar's playoff games  - but a few during the team's 1991 Stanley cup run knocking off the St louis Blues and Chi Blackhawks before losing to pittspuke 

• Like 1

♥︎  ALL of those dozens and dozens of  Cleveland  INDIANS  games from my  first  one in 1959 at that ... ol' MUNI STADIUM ...  right there on the lake.  I still have that program from 1959 in my basement in a box .... with other treasures.

▪︎ I was 8 years old then and fell in love with  Cleveland  and my  INDIANS !

♡ Good topic B149 and I will have one or maybe two more in the running.  We'll see ....

I had season tickets from 1999 thru  2018. Didn’t get to see too many great games. But there are 3 that stand out. 

The “RUN, WILLIAM, RUN” game against the Falcons was fun

Monday Night game against NYG, it was freezing cold and the Giants were defending SB champs and we won

And, of course, the game against pittspuke, when the Browns sacked the rapist 8 times. Again beating the defending SB champs

• Upvote 1

One I remember like it was yesterday was when Eric Metcalf returned 2 punts for TD’s against Piitspuke.

Sat up in the top row where people had covered the openings with blankets to stop the wind during the cold games….

it was close to 70 degrees for this game though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread, let's see what I can recall:

• 1972, Browns vs Steelers. Browns go up 20-3 but the Steelers take the lead late. Cockroft kicks a GW FG in the last seconds, Browns 26-24
  • 1974 Cleveland Crusaders vs Alberta Oilers Jim Wiste scored a hat trick in the 1st period, Crusaders won 11-2
  • 1975 Browns vs Bengals. Browns were 0-9, Cincy 8-1. Browns score 20 straight points in the 4th Q to win 35-23
  • 1979 Cowboys at Browns MNF. Browns came out on fire, scoring 20 points in the 1st 10 minutes and cruise to a 26-7 win (Browns were 4-0 in 1979 then the wheels came off)
  • 1984 Cavs vs Celtics playoff game. The Cavs were lead by World B. Free and the Coliseum was rocking. The Cavs won (lost the series 3-1) but it was a good story, as the Cavs started the season 2-19 but rallied to make the playoffs.
  • 1986 Browns 37 Steelers 31 in OT; contrary to popular belief, yes I was at the 1986 Double OT game vs the NY Jets. It was actually a horrible football game as the Browns were flat as a pancake, but Mark Gastineau bailed the Browns out with a stupid late-hit on Kosar. What a rally at the end to send it to OT
  • 2001 (I think)- the Tribe was down 14-2 in the 7th inning and came back to beat the Seattle Mariners 
  • 2018 Browns vs NY Jets. Baker Mayfield breaks the losing streak and the Bud Light fridge got unlocked. First time I saw a home win in 3 seasons (I split seats with my cousin)