THE BROWNS BOARD

Especially for Neo. You don't need an AR15, buy a shotgun.

• FY56 changed the title to Especially for Neo. You don't need an AR15, buy a shotgun.

"I think we should ban air conditioning. It isn't a right, and my home is so well insulated, we stay pretty cool even when it's hot, and neo does NOT NEED AIR CONDITIONING"....

whatever. The old "you don't need what I don't want you to have so I want it taken because I don't want that..."

something something.....

nah.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

But that video was very funny nevertheless. Well done. Wouldn't you agree?

Why do you need so many guns???

Leave car keys by the front door to avoid home invasion, Toronto police officer says

Leave car keys by the front door to avoid home invasion, Toronto police officer says (msn.com)

"They're breaking into your home to steal your car. They don't want anything else," he said,

"A lot of them that they're arresting have guns on them and they're not toy guns, they're real guns. They're loaded."

Canada introduces law to freeze handgun sales, ban look-alike …

WEBMay 31, 2022 · OTTAWA, May 30 (Reuters) - Canada's government introduced legislation Monday to implement a "national freeze" on the sale and purchase of handguns as part of …

Gee how did the criminals get guns if they are banned?

a .357 - I've shot a few - they go off like cannons, in my opinion. With more than one attacker,

you would want to be able to keep on target with an extra shot or two. I practice that with my 9mm.

I nailed two different targets at 12 yards rapid fire, two shots at each target. My Special Forces friend was smiling and impressed.

Can't do that with a .357, at least I would never be able to.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

a .357 - I've shot a few - they go off like cannons

Is there a point your trying to make? Just because I have a .357 snub nose doesn't mean I'm shooting .357 loads. Shooting 38 special defense rounds out of the heavier frame of a .357 helps with recoil. 

With more than one attacker,

Where the hell do you live if you're faced with the threat of multiple attackers? The way you make it seem is that it's pretty common that a normal stroll through the neighborhood could instantly turn into a scene from an action movie. I've lived just a couple of miles outside the city limits of some of the most dangerous cities in America and all I had to protect myself was 7 round 9mm Glock with one or two extra mags. I'm pretty confident in my ability to defend myself. And defending yourself isn't limited to carrying a gun, it's your situational awareness and getting yourself out of a jam or staying out of bad situations to begin with.

My Special Forces friend was smiling and impressed.

Well, I'm glad your Special Forces friend is pleased with your ability to murder squirrels.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Is there a point your trying to make? Just because I have a .357 snub nose doesn't mean I'm shooting .357 loads. Shooting 38 special defense rounds out of the heavier frame of a .357 helps with recoil. 

Well, I've never tried the 38 special rounds, there is a difference - not enough in my opinion, for what I am talking about.

I meant rapid fire two shots and hit the target both times. Research it -

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Where the hell do you live if you're faced with the threat of multiple attackers? The way you make it seem is that it's pretty common that a normal stroll through the neighborhood could instantly turn into a scene from an action movie. I've lived just a couple of miles outside the city limits of some of the most dangerous cities in America and all I had to protect myself was 7 round 9mm Glock with one or two extra mags. I'm pretty confident in my ability to defend myself. And defending yourself isn't limited to carrying a gun, it's your situational awareness and getting yourself out of a jam or staying out of bad situations to begin with.

yes, yes, yes. Situational awareness, 21 foot rule, the color codes, I know, I've had extra training. There is pepper spray for non-lethal confrontations. I know a guy who ended up meeting a guy to sell a used car, and was confronted by 4 hoodlums, armed. Broad daylight. They took all his money, his wallet, left him his used car, while holding a gun to his chest. Just this year. They took his gun, luckily he didn't try to out draw them, I taught him the 21 foot rule. They didn't kill him, but he was badly shaken by it. Is going for more training. 

take some time and look at some videos of a group going after one person. Think on that.

Another thing - a high powered pocket sized tactical flashlight also works as a defense weapon - blind them temporarily to get out of the situation.

I was nearly a victim of a armed? mugging at night, under the Tunnel of LIghts one night - some tall seedy looking bum cam up and asked for money, I said we spent it all.... went to walk around him, and he stepped in front of us and said we'd better have something for him, ...I was unarmed, he was reaching toward his back...

and police came out of the dark, yelling at him. They knew him, and surrounded him like bark on a tree. One of the plainclothes policemen came up and apologized that it happened. I didn't have license to carry back then, years ago.

Now you have illegals, many of them with no means of support, far too many with violent criminal pasts, some are terrorists, don't speak english....... and violent crimes are happening all over our country.

10 million ILLEGALS have flooded our country.

When we went out west, you can bet I had it with me - it can get lonely if you are stranded with no cell phone service.

My CCW is like home insurance etc - we will never need it. But what if something did happen, that one in a million? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Neo said:

Why not just say 38 then, we aren't mind readers. It's a snub nose as well, just cause it can shoot 357 as well doesn't make it ideal because you think it adds extra barrel weight. My 44 magnum is a beast of a pistol and it still kicks like a cannon. However, using 38 is a different story, but a snub nose is still a snub nose.

• Upvote 1

Should I ever consider owning a gun the first people I'm gonna talk to for advice is either Jax or Cal.

They definitely know their guns.

Funny thing it was my wife who once considered buying a gun.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jax said:

just cause it can shoot 357 as well doesn't make it ideal because you think it adds extra barrel weigh

It does help a little. I've shot 44 special LRN out of a S&W Model 29 with a six inch barrel and it had almost no recoil at all, super accurate. Even though the snub nose 357 doesn't have a long barrel, it the does help with recoil some. I've shot 38 special out of the same gun chambered in only 38 special. The gun (38 special) is lighter and the cylinder is noticeably smaller.  If you're going to buy a gun, why not buy one that can shoot two different types of ammo? THe added weight of the 357 doesn't bother me, they are both pretty much the same size.

I like that I can shoot 357 if I want to. And what's wrong with a snub nose? People say that a snub nose isn't a good choice for conceal carry. It's pretty much never going to jam, and it's never going to have problems cycling ammo like you do with some semi auto pistols. I used to have a gun for walking out the trail, one for driving around, one for if I was going to the mall to shop, one for home defense. But things change and had to streamline my arsenal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

It's pretty much never going to jam, and it's never going to have problems cycling ammo like you do with some semi auto pistols.

Bingo!

When I went on a fly fishing expedition to Alaska, we were encouraged to bring a revolver for that reason.

Walking along a creek bank with brown bears you don’t take a chance with a semiautomatic.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Bingo!

When I went on a fly fishing expedition to Alaska, we were encouraged to bring a revolver for that reason.

Walking along a creek bank with brown bears you don’t take a chance with a semiautomatic.

Yep - I've thought of getting a revolver for that reason, too. My Walther 9mm has never jammed once, I trust it.

But a revolver is on my list eventually.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

My Walther 9mm has never jammed once

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Walther. The PPS and PK380. The PPS is a good looking gun, but that's all I can say about it, the design is absolute trash. The texture on the grip is extremely uncomfortable, the magazine pinches my skin when changing mags, and the mag release is in an awkward place. 1a.jpg.d047fb2c6df73fa4b3a68cd72707627b.jpg

And the reason I mentioned about ammo cycling issues was because of this pile of shit 👇 even though I was shooting .380 ammo, some ammo would not cycle the slide and would cause a failure to eject, it was real annoying. The PPK's aren't bad but these are absolute garbage. I stand by Glock and Sig Sauer.WH_94576_HDPic.thumb.jpg.9195cc38794cd41ac258a22659eaaa03.jpg

1 hour ago, Neo said:

And the reason I mentioned about ammo cycling issues was because of this pile of shit 👇 even though I was shooting .380 ammo, some ammo would not cycle the slide and would cause a failure to eject, it was real annoying. The PPK's aren't bad but these are absolute garbage. I stand by Glock and Sig Sauer.

Yeah, I've heard that about those - mine is the CCPM2 - it has never failed. My Special Forces friend shot a few mags through it, and told me "this shoots very, very smooth". So, I stick with it.

Sigs are excellent, Glocks are too, but I'm old school, and want my manual safety. Sigs are more expensive - but the quality is outstanding. I thought to buy a Sig 365, but it didn't come with a safety. It does now, so that might be my next gun. Probably about an extra 300 bucks. Not good about the lack of quality on the other Walthers.