THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden vs Bibi

This war has put Biden in a not so good position. 

Up until this week, Bibi has made the Biden administration look completely defanged and powerless. There have been multiple gently-worded statements from the Biden administration saying that Israel shouldn't do x or shouldn't do y, while also saying that there was no way we would ever stop supplying Israel with arms. As you would expect, Bibi took this as carte blanche to bomb Gaza to ashes as a means of destroying Hamas. Further humiliating the US, the Israelis denied both the UN and US opportunities to create aid corridors in Gaza. Instead, Bibi very graciously allowed the USAF to airdrop supplies on the beach. 

Last week, the rhetoric started to escalate. Biden had a hot mic after an address to Congress where he told another Democrat Congressman that he's going to have a "come to Jesus moment" with Bibi. Bibi responded by saying something along the lines of, "we've already had 13 or 14 of those." And Bibi continued to bomb the shit out of Gaza. As a response, top Democrat Chuck Schumer has called for the ousting of Netanyahu. Today, some Israeli politicians have said to the Jerusalem Post accusations that the US is trying to overthrow their government. This is turning into a diplomatic feud.

Any move Biden makes here looks pretty bleak from a re-election standpoint. Trump is absolutely winning over the neocon vote, and probably some of the warhawk neolib vote too by saying that no one is a bigger supporter of Israel than him (and given what he did with Israel during his presidency, I would argue he has a good point). Moderates (normies) don't do well with seeing dead children on their Twitter/FB/tiktok feeds every day and so Biden is losing support from his soccer mom constituency. Lastly, the far left wing of the Democrats is outright angry with him over his decisions here (though I expect in 3 months we will see them saying "yes, Biden didn't handle this situation well, but we cannot go back to Trump"). Muslims are probably going to sit this next election out, which is going to cost Biden 1-3% of the vote in Michigan. You know they're going to turn out. 

As for Bibi. He was looking at a prison sentence before the outbreak of this war. Even throughout the war, there have been many large protests within Israel from supporters of the opposition party. Bibi's going for the extermination of Hamas or bust. The longer this thing drags out, the more likely he is to get ousted by his own people.

Pretty fascinating to watch these two balance on a knife's edge. 

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

Bibi took this as carte blanche to bomb Gaza to ashes as a means of destroying Hamas.

that is stupid, Israel was going to do it regardless. Hamas started the war, they will lose and be wiped out.

Again, how the hell can anyone fight a war when the enemy hides behind civilians, in hospitals, in UN office basements and schools?

War is hell. How about the missiles that hamas and hezbollah fires at ISRAELI civilians? doesn't that also bother you???

A. Palestinians put hamas, a vicious terrorist group backed by iran, in charge of their country.

B. Palestinians have been WARNED TO VACATE THE AREAS TO BE SAFE.

C. hamas here and there refuses to let the civilians go because they want them as shields - be fair about it.

D. It's hamas that is forcing civilans to be killed in the war.

E. Sorry, but Israeli can't just not fight the war and surrender and be mass slaughtered, raped, tortured, kidnapped, etc. to avoid palestinians from being victims of the war their government started.

F. Not one palestinian has been kidnapped, raped, tortured, murdered.... unless it's by hamas.

If that style invasion happened in the US or China or wherever, Do you think we'd/they'd be worried about civilians?

Do you think it'd be announced we're going to bomb please evacuate?

Why does anyone expect Israel to take it? If Israel did that to another country they'd deserve to get the shit kicked out of them as well.

Why do people want to give these terrorists who not only indiscriminately murdered and raped with all the atrocities thrown in, but still have hostages a victim card?

1) "normies", lol. Internet turned political term I guess

2) Good luck with any of this. As far as many posters on here are concerned Israel has never done anything wrong, never hurt Palestine in any way, and their bombings are not a genocide and completely justified. And they have all the media needed to feed that. No matter how much you try to clarify anything it isn't going through

But yeah, seems like a lose lose for Biden politically, but I can hope the administration can pull back out unwavering support from Israel to some level 

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that is stupid, Israel was going to do it regardless. Hamas started the war, they will lose and be wiped out.

Yeah, they'll be wiped out just like the Taliban, and al Qaeda, and ISIS. Certainly, Islamic extremism will cease to exist after Bibi is finishes his job.

11 hours ago, Jax said:

If that style invasion happened in the US or China or wherever, Do you think we'd/they'd be worried about civilians?

China, no. USA, yes. Especially after Iraq. If cellphones had been as widespread when we invaded Iraq and killed half a million to a million of their civilians, then there would have been less public support for the war. 

Do you think it'd be announced we're going to bomb please evacuate? 

Yes. Even Israel did this. 

Why does anyone expect Israel to take it? If Israel did that to another country they'd deserve to get the shit kicked out of them as well.

Israel has a right to defend itself and capture/kill Hamas leadership. In spite of what you guys have convinced yourself that I believe, Israel actually has my full support for retaliation of that scope. What they are doing is going far beyond that and, in the long run, it's just going to create more Islamic extremists and puts a big target on their backs (as well as ours). 

Why do people want to give these terrorists who not only indiscriminately murdered and raped with all the atrocities thrown in, but still have hostages a victim card?

You don't rescue hostages with JDAMs. You are, once again, equating Gazan civilians to Hamas. The Gazan civilians are the victims, not Hamas. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

1) "normies", lol. Internet turned political term I guess

lol, it's a totally apt descriptor!

But yeah, seems like a lose lose for Biden politically, but I can hope the administration can pull back out unwavering support from Israel to some level

Not if AIPAC and the ADL have anything to say about it. 

15 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

We'll eventually get to a day when we have our first redditor (or God forbid, 4chan) president. Our country isn't ready for that now. 

Right, right. Blind support for Israel and if you question our support in any way you're an anti semite. Sucks. But it's a strong "lobby" i guess 

38 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Yeah, they'll be wiped out just like the Taliban, and al Qaeda, and ISIS. Certainly, Islamic extremism will cease to exist after Bibi is finishes his job.

you mean like wiping out the nazis in WWII ? Like the nazis ceased to exist? That happened with bombs, Vapor. A lot of citizens got killed on both sides in WWII. It's called war.

AGAIN - HOW DO YOU SUGGEST ISRAEL WIN THE WAR FOR THEIR SURVIVAL in a war if you don't like palestinians getting killed because hamas won't let them leave on warning in advance, or they refuse to leave, or hamas uses them as shields?

How would you do it any other way than fighting a war to wipe them out?

How can they fight this war without casualties????????

I just posted about the rabid animal terrorist supporting palestinians.

I posted about the Jewish settlement where the Jews refused to convert, so they are all murdered by Mohammad's army.

hamas fires missiles next to schools, hospitals etc and Israel gives warning that the palestinians who don't want to get bombed evacuate. Gives them days warning. What would you do differently? (note - the terrorists move, too)

Come on - what would you do differently? How can Israel stop hamas without fighting a war there?

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

China, no. USA, yes. Especially after Iraq. If cellphones had been as widespread when we invaded Iraq and killed half a million to a million of their civilians, then there would have been less public support for the war. 

Yes. Even Israel did this. 

Israel has a right to defend itself and capture/kill Hamas leadership. In spite of what you guys have convinced yourself that I believe, Israel actually has my full support for retaliation of that scope. What they are doing is going far beyond that and, in the long run, it's just going to create more Islamic extremists and puts a big target on their backs (as well as ours). 

You don't rescue hostages with JDAMs. You are, once again, equating Gazan civilians to Hamas. The Gazan civilians are the victims, not Hamas. 

Unfortunately, that is war. The only way to get Hamas is going to put civilians in jeopardy. This isn't a conspiracy to wipe out a nation of people, they didn't want this and even tried protecting themselves so an incident like this wouldn't happen.

I didn't say anything about rescuing hostages, I said they still have them, raping and torturing them. This is not something you sit by and allow to happen. If we hadn't dropped nukes on Japan, where would we be? It's all unfortunate but you have to deal with it. I'm not in Israel, I'm not a leader, I don't know all the intel and neither do you. You either support your allies or you don't. None of us are in a position to judge, but I know they better do something on a big scale or it will happen again and again.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you mean like wiping out the nazis in WWII ? Like the nazis ceased to exist? That happened with bombs, Vapor. A lot of citizens got killed on both sides in WWII. It's called war.

AGAIN - HOW DO YOU SUGGEST ISRAEL WIN THE WAR FOR THEIR SURVIVAL in a war if you don't like palestinians getting killed because hamas won't let them leave on warning in advance, or they refuse to leave, or hamas uses them as shields?

How would you do it any other way than fighting a war to wipe them out?

How can they fight this war without casualties????????

I just posted about the rabid animal terrorist supporting palestinians.

I posted about the Jewish settlement where the Jews refused to convert, so they are all murdered by Mohammad's army.

hamas fires missiles next to schools, hospitals etc and Israel gives warning that the palestinians who don't want to get bombed evacuate. Gives them days warning. What would you do differently? (note - the terrorists move, too)

Come on - what would you do differently? How can Israel stop hamas without fighting a war there?

Yes, how could they do anything other than leveling Gaza and turning the homes of 2 million people into rubble? What else could they have done?

19 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Yes, how could they do anything other than leveling Gaza and turning the homes of 2 million people into rubble? What else could they have done?

I asked you. Any ideas on how to fight hamas who uses children/schools/hospitals/UN offices/homes as shields while hamas fires missiles at Israeli children, hospitals, and homes???

You have a suggestion maybe?

btw, the Israeli's GIVE OUT DAYS WARNING before they fight back.

So, btw, let it be known, that Israel was declared war upon, by three countries including Egypt back in the day.

You start a war, you lose the war, you lose, pay a terrible price.

That is how Israel got the Golan Heights, the Sinai and Gaza. (and the West Bank, I think)

and Israel gave Gaza and the Sinai back to Egypt for peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_for_peace

Of course, it was a war launching site eventually. Again.

Anyone who is blaming Israel now - deliberately ignores the entire history of the region,

refuses to admit the arabic hate culture towards Israel since ancient times,

and willingly believes lies and refuses to admit the palestinians are their own worst enemy.

Palestinians blame Israel for their plight, their lack of food, when the truth is, hamas is

refusing to deliver the food they are taking to the palestinians.

th-798662987.jpg.3943d3f73113613568ef20b7ff4f2b5f.jpg