THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden to ink move meant to try to force Americans to drive electric cars this week

I thought we were past the bad idea of gov't involvement in EVs.

EPA didn't respond to a request for comment, but said in February that it is committed to finalizing a tailpipe standard that is "readily achievable, secures reductions in dangerous air and climate pollution and ensures economic benefits for families."

When they say they're 'committed to', it's double talk for we're going to say what you want to hear, but in reality we don't have an actual plan but we know it will cost you plenty of money and not improve anything.

- my favorite thing about these articles are the leading quote from "industry groups". Then you see the name as something vague and legitimate sounding like "American Energy Institute". From that point 95% of Fox News readers wouldn't dig any further, but of course this is an oil, gas, and coal lobbying group so of course they're against this

- if left to the devices of capitalism our climate is going to be much worse off (you know, most of history). Our best hope is govt regulation like this to force the hand. This will then drive more infrastructure, drive advancements in battery tech, etc. because there will be a financial incentive to do so. 

- I expect there to be faults / inefficiency as it is coming from the govt, but I'll take that over greedy oil and gas companies running us further into the ground 

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- my favorite thing about these articles are the leading quote from "industry groups". Then you see the name as something vague and legitimate sounding like "American Energy Institute". From that point 95% of Fox News readers wouldn't dig any further, but of course this is an oil, gas, and coal lobbying group so of course they're against this

- if left to the devices of capitalism our climate is going to be much worse off (you know, most of history). Our best hope is govt regulation like this to force the hand. This will then drive more infrastructure, drive advancements in battery tech, etc. because there will be a financial incentive to do so. 

- I expect there to be faults / inefficiency as it is coming from the govt, but I'll take that over greedy oil and gas companies running us further into the ground 

Do you own an electric or gas powered car?   We know you're not man/woman enough to answer!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah cause the gov't knows all about climate change, the market, our energy infrastructure and how it all affects the citizens.

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

biden is a corrupt dicktater - America enemies figurehead sombeitch.

Some people just refuse to admit they were duped and voted for a Drug Cartel and child sex trafficking ring that now leads this country... Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined!...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Some people just refuse to admit they were duped and voted for a Drug Cartel and child sex trafficking ring that now leads this country... Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined!...

being a leftwing sheep means never having to admit you are emotionally perverted until you decide to actually THINK most of the time, and not see the world through various emotional knee jerk sessions.

• Upvote 1