THE BROWNS BOARD

The problem isn't Quinn or DA folks.....

SoCalDog

End the QB discussions from now on...cuz it don't matter. Unless we fix four main things we won't win a damn game!

1. The defense: cannot stop a damn thing.

2. Brian Daboll: does not know how to mix up play calling and use the whole field. Way too many hitch routes and basic run plays. No inventiveness.

3. We need a RB with speed!!! Jamal is done!

4. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

End the QB discussions from now on...cuz it don't matter. Unless we fix four main things we won't win a damn game!

2. Brian Daboll: does not know how to mix up play calling and use the whole field. Way too many hitch routes and basic run plays. No inventiveness.

How can you stop an offense when your on the field 90% of the time.

Why throw out Jamal?? No one is running the ball worth a shet!!

ST. Clair is definitely worthless!!

How can you stop an offense when your on the field 90% of the time.

Why throw out Jamal?? No one is running the ball worth a shet!!

ST. Clair is definitely worthless!!

Jamal is too damn slow that's why. I know we don't have another option...that's why I said, we need a RB with some speed. Problem is, he isn't on our roster yet. :blink:

St. Clair has KILLED any chance our Off. has to get anything going. Quinn has not time to do anything but listen for Dumervill to blow by St. Clair.

In short, the problem resides at the highest level of the new Browns organization. 10 years of mediocrity, 5 (?) coaches, 3 or 4 GMs / Presidents and scores of terrible draft choices even though the team has had incremental picks and, generally, top 10 choices. Oh yea, lousy FA signings and a slew of marginal NFL QBs.

Ever hear of the name, "Lerner"? Al or Randy - doesn't much matter. Horrible football people.

Lerner Jr. basically has the pick of the HC crop for this year and immediately falls in love with a guy whose team quit on him last year. How many times do you have to go back to the Belichick tree: Palmer (their best coach of the new era, IMHO, Crennel, Mangini.

Some blind squirrels have found acorns in the NFL and, hopefully, Lerner Jr. will do the same. Lord knows he has to be the worse or nearly the worse owner in the league.

Just look it up.

Wow, I don't care who we have at QB, play calling sucks, pass protection sucks, running game sucks. We cannot expect to keep the Defense to be on the field the entire game and keep stopping the Offense we just aren't that good. Apparently, Mangini was thinking with all the laps maybe the D could stop the other team for 4 quarters ;)

We'll never get anybody good here anyway, not anytime soon at least.

Just think, If you could get millions to play anywhere, would it really be for Eric Mangini, For Randy Lerner, the city of Cleveland? We've had a quarterback controversy for about 20 years now. Haven't done squat since we joined the league. Now who in their right mind would agree. We're career killers!

Also need a new coach, Gm and owner...U think Ozzie has enough money to buy the browns...

I beg to differ.

1. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

2. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

3. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

What is the same???? Hint: it starts with Randy and ends with Lerner.

Agree...but Lerner, I hope, does not make the decisions on draft picks or FA pick ups.

A college QB as our 2nd WR? (Even though I LOVE Cribbs).

St. Clair?? nice FA pick up Mankok. 4 sacks given up today! Wow.

Jamal has nothing in the tank... we got Davis but we need another RB with some speed/elusiveness. Maybe Denv. can give us one of their 5 or 6 they have. LOL

Quinn or DA would have no time or RB or 2nd WR threat to take the heat off this season.

Just lots of issues that need more attention than the QB spot. I think we're fine there with two young guys who are capable.

Guest ATENEARS
I beg to differ.

1. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

2. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

3. CUT ST. CLAIR NOW!!!!!

That's fine, leave St. Clair in Denver ... but Brady Quinn acted like he had no idea that the Bronco's were going to pin back their ears on 3rd long with his back to end zone (2nd and long for that matter).

Quinn just really looks clueless, it sure don't help the o-line and vice-versa.

to tell you the truth, We probably provided better protection to start that game as I have seen in the new era, and we still couldn't move the chains.

Run blocking wise, we suck, plus our RB's miss holes left and right and per timing.

That's fine, leave St. Clair in Denver ... but Brady Quinn acted like he had no idea that the Bronco's were going to pin back their ears on 3rd long with his back to end zone (2nd and long for that matter).

to tell you the truth, We probably provided better protection to start that game as I have seen in the new era, and we still couldn't move the chains.

Run blocking wise, we suck, plus our RB's miss holes left and right and per timing.

Have you ever thought part of Quinn's problem is the lack of cohesion on the offense unit? I would be confused looking as well.

You Quinn Backers are INSANE!!!!

Last year AFTER THE DENVER GAME... TEAMS PLAYED TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY HIS QUICK PASSES AND FORCING HIM TO READ AND THROW MID TO LONG...

That has the EFFECT OF PUTTING MORE DEFENDERS IN CLOSE TOO STOP THE RUN.....

The last two games of his last year and this year its the same..... HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY MID TO LONG AND HE KNOWS IT WHICH IS WHY HE CHECKS DOWN CONSTANTLY OR GETS SACKED.

The offense is DEAD BECAUSE OF QUINN AND HOW TEAMS GAME PLAN AGAINST US MAKING US ONE DIMENSIONAL.

WATCH YOUR DVR AND SEE HOW THEY JAM THE LINE AND PLAY TIGHT ALSO HAVING LBS IN TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY HIS QUICK SLANTS AND PASSES...

The defense played THE SAME AGAIN THIS WEEK..... They played tough in the first half but in the third and fourth GOT WORE DOWN BECAUSE OUR NOODLE ARM QB CANT SUSTAIN A DRIVE TIRING OUT THE DEFENSE.

JUST ADMIT IT YOU QUINN JUNKIES THIS IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR "NFL READY/WEIS/ND COACHED" 3 YEARS IN PREPARATION qb.....

Guest TheJokersWILD

Right now we can get a monkey out of the Cleveland zoo that can call a better game than this guy. Looks like the Browns will be on the cover of sports illistrated again, this time it will be Knowshon Moreno running over a Browns player

12.JPG

If I was the coach, I would make a fathead of this and post it in the lockeroom.

Last year AFTER THE DENVER GAME... TEAMS PLAYED TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY HIS QUICK PASSES AND FORCING HIM TO READ AND THROW MID TO LONG...

The last two games of his last year and this year its the same..... HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY MID TO LONG AND HE KNOWS IT WHICH IS WHY HE CHECKS DOWN CONSTANTLY OR GETS SACKED.

The offense is DEAD BECAUSE OF QUINN AND HOW TEAMS GAME PLAN AGAINST US MAKING US ONE DIMENSIONAL.

WATCH YOUR DVR AND SEE HOW THEY JAM THE LINE AND PLAY TIGHT ALSO HAVING LBS IN TIGHT TO TAKE AWAY HIS QUICK SLANTS AND PASSES...

The defense played THE SAME AGAIN THIS WEEK..... They played tough in the first half but in the third and fourth GOT WORE DOWN BECAUSE OUR NOODLE ARM QB CANT SUSTAIN A DRIVE TIRING OUT THE DEFENSE.

JUST ADMIT IT YOU QUINN JUNKIES THIS IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR "NFL READY/WEIS/ND COACHED" 3 YEARS IN PREPARATION qb.....

Sorry man, but they didn't crowd the line. They were in zone most of the game. The Browns OL was just beaten.

I'm still trying to figure out, why if we have Quinn, who unlike DA can run, we don't run a few more designed plays to move the pocket. I would have like to see a bootleg by Quinn with the option to run, this would at least make use of his strength. There just doesn't seem to be anything original in the play calling. I didn't get to see Quinn play college ball but from what I can find on line he would throw and complete the mid/long range ball which makes me believe that there just isn't anyone getting open. Now I still don't understand the throwing for a 3 yard gain when we need 10.

JUST ADMIT IT YOU QUINN JUNKIES THIS IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR "NFL READY/WEIS/ND COACHED" 3 YEARS IN PREPARATION qb...

---------------------------------------------

Get em' Osusev!!! Your'e exactly right!...I'm not saying we still wouldn't suck, but Bradys only hurting us.

I'll agree after watching DA step back and fire (come hell or high water), it looks like Quinn is taking forever even when he does get time.

Add no running game, no playmakers, etc. and I don't know where to start. Agee though, we Browns fans have sung the "no talent around the QB" song since Tim Couch. I can't sing it no more. Need someone to step forward and take the lead, and usually that's the QB.

I'm still trying to figure out, why if we have Quinn, who unlike DA can run, we don't run a few more designed plays to move the pocket. I would have like to see a bootleg by Quinn with the option to run, this would at least make use of his strength. There just doesn't seem to be anything original in the play calling. I didn't get to see Quinn play college ball but from what I can find on line he would throw and complete the mid/long range ball which makes me believe that there just isn't anyone getting open. Now I still don't understand the throwing for a 3 yard gain when we need 10.

Because Daboll's playcalling is as predictable and poor as Carthon's or Chud's.

I'll agree after watching DA step back and fire (come hell or high water), it looks like Quinn is taking forever even when he does get time.

Add no running game, no playmakers, etc. and I don't know where to start. Agee though, we Browns fans have sung the "no talent around the QB" song since Tim Couch. I can't sing it no more. Need someone to step forward and take the lead, and usually that's the QB.

Ocon, it almost seems like the opposite of the Minn game when people said he was checking down too quick. Seems like he was trying too hard not to and ended up holding it too long and taking sacks.

JUST ADMIT IT YOU QUINN JUNKIES THIS IS A PRODUCT OF YOUR "NFL READY/WEIS/ND COACHED" 3 YEARS IN PREPARATION qb...

We believe the next guy deserved a chance. No one said Quinn is a guaranteed winner.

Only Weis said NFL ready.

And I believe it's 3 years of rust. The clipboard theory is crap. There's only one way to get better at playing QB and that's the actually play QB.

There's not 1 fan on this board who is happy with the team at this point. Quinn's play isn't helping.

Ocon, it almost seems like the opposite of the Minn game when people said he was checking down too quick. Seems like he was trying too hard not to and ended up holding it too long and taking sacks.

Hmm. That's true.

One thing we can all agree on, the whole system is just not clicking. It's not like everything is smooth, if only Quinn could complete a pass.

We believe the next guy deserved a chance. No one said Quinn is guaranteed winner.

Only Weis said NFL ready.

And I believe it's 3 years of rust. The clipboard theory is crap. There's only one way to get better at playing QB and that's the actually play QB.

There's not 1 fan on this board who is happy with the team at this point. Quinn's play isn't helping.

All i know is.......we have a guy on the bench that has won 10 games in ONE season.........we have a guy that is the starting QB who has done nothing but capture the hearts of the Browns fans.

Archived