THE BROWNS BOARD

Offense screwing the "D" once again

dawg08

I won't disagree with that!

I also just realized I did my math wrong...the defense was on the field roughly 55% of the game. Still far short of these 90% claims.

Don't worry about the math gal...to me it isn't so much the time as it is the ineptness.

I think the D finally gives up once they feel the O isn't going to score points and we are behind by 7.

Not saying that is good, but it is human nature to quit on things when you know you aren't going to win or even have a chance.

The only thing the Browns defense does well is stuff the run when the front line(Coleman-Rogers-Smith) are in. The LB's don't make many plays, the DB's give up to many 3rd down completions. Alot of errors.

IMO we have not met a offense yet, that throws real well, but that day is coming in 2 weeks. The Bengals will torch them alive.

While that may indeed be the case, 'peen...that brings up a HUGE new list of potential problems.

The excuse some are using is 'they are tired'. That is NOT the case. Defeated, or otherwise having 'mental issues' is not acceptable. Mangini needs to address these needs. NOW.

Like you, i don't buy the tired excuse...make a stop and go sit down is my attitude though defense always expends more energy. O players know where the play is going. If it is to the off side, they can coast a bit. Defenders don't know where it is going so they have to try harder on every play.

All I am saying is they give up at some point because they know it is lost if the O doesn't play better.

Give up may not be the word....say coast just as i used for the O...probably why cut backs seem to work well against us late...guys start to coast a bit...the cut back and all of a sudden the ball is 40 yards further down field.

Excuses excuses our defense is as starless as our offense in skill positions our whole team sucks and our offensive coordinator is awful...lets just keep wasting cribbs at WR when he could be thumpin heads as a safety...this regime is clueless..

I dont know Gips - with Cribbs having no presence of where the sticks are on those 3rd downs (3x IIRC), I dont know if he could "QB" on the defensive side of the ball.

The 3rd down thing is coachable though. In like a week. Eric needs to get in his ass about field presence. Actually, fcuk Eric. Braylon & Furrey should get on him about that. "Know your route, but also know where the 1st down marker is" Quinn threw him the ball because he was open. Denver let him be open because he wasn't anywhere close to the sticks. They swarm & make the tackle. Z-man time.

Isolating Quinns "performance" from everything else in the game, it wasn't terrible. But he sure as hell didn't land the knockout blows he needed to lengthen his leash. I guess he could be like Rocky IV & let Drago tee off on his face for a couple of rounds before he comes back. But he doesn't have too much more time, imo.

I think the receivers are just running the routes. The qb knows who runs to what level.

Unless he tells them in the huddle to go as deep as the chains, they run the route as designed.

I don't think Cribbs or whoever is told by the QB to get to the sticks, then run 4 yards short.

I think the receivers are just running the routes. The qb knows who runs to what level.

Unless he tells them in the huddle to go as deep as the chains, they run the route as designed.

I don't think Cribbs or whoever is told by the QB to get to the sticks, then run 4 yards short.

Then that's the worst designed 3rd down play in the history of the game. If you only want 4 yards when you need 9, let Lewis bump his guy and then toss him a screen. I guarantee he moves the chains if he gets a screen pass with that kind of space.

*Edit*

Because with the pass rush on a rookie QB on 3rd & long, the coverage on the RB screen falls on the safety. Lewis drags 2 of those guys for 5yds all week long.

I don't disagree....but the fact of the matter is the Jack is getting the best of me....he always does and I better call it a night before I start talking about your leg and start wondering what's on other than the boots or if that is a inner thigh or a outer thigh. ;)

I've said enough.....have a good evening!

It was 13 to 6 into the 4th Qtr....Our defense isn't bad!!! Our Running Game is atrocious and without it we are doomed. With a RB ,"of any worth", BQ could be effective....without one, he looked pathetic...BQ looked like a freshman playing against seniors out there today with no threat of the run, no sustained drives...the Defense got gassed again...I agree with ya!

It was 13 to 6 into the 4th Qtr....Our defense isn't bad!!! Our Running Game is atrocious and without it we are doomed. With a RB ,"of any worth", BQ could be effective....without one, he looked pathetic...BQ looked like a freshman playing against seniors out there today with no threat of the run, no sustained drives...the Defense got gassed again...I agree with ya!

Consider the quality of offense faced. Not nearly as positive as you want it.

Archived