THE BROWNS BOARD

Late night talk shows

So it's been a full 2 weeks since the complete knee replacement and I don't get far from the recliner The Walker the cane Etc but I do sleep on and off and watch TV on and off. Has anybody ever noticed that Late Night with Seth Meyers is almost a carbon copy of Stephen Colbert Show? The monologue was almost verbatim down to the graphics. I wonder if their writers just watch Colbert and transcribe it as yeaps?

WSS

But yes the Trump Easter address was some crazy shit.

5 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

7pMgicEzCcts.jpeg

This is more or less the formula for late night talk. The post is 8 years old, but it's still accurate. 

He then scratched his neck beard, made a comment starting "all women", posted an NPC meme, tipped his Fedora and moved to another thread on 4chan...

I have a hard time ever taking any of this seriously. And regular late night shows are awful, in my opinion. 

Is the Colbert show the same as it was on Comedy Central? 
I am, almost, never up that late. 
Back then, he was playing a character 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

He then scratched his neck beard, made a comment starting "all women", posted an NPC meme, tipped his Fedora and moved to another thread on 4chan...

I have a hard time ever taking any of this seriously. And regular late night shows are awful, in my opinion. 

ad hominem. Can you point out where that post is wrong?

13 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

ad hominem. Can you point out where that post is wrong?

I enjoy Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show, therefore I am brainwashed by "shitlib insanity", etc. Truthfully, I don't want to go through his pseudo intellectual breakdown of the show and figure out where exactly it's wrong. I generally disagree with the premise of it being some "MSM" "brainwashing" "liberal" (insert your phrase of choice). It's left leaning, it's not the ultimate fact, etc etc... but I'm not bought into the insidiousness proposed here. I'm sure the show is paced in a way to build engagement, just like anything else. 

Look, at the end of the day, the closer something is to the "red pilled" side of the Internet, the less seriously I'm going to take it. Of course there's some truth over there, but there's a lot of other nonsense coming from men trying to blame their shortcomings on everyone else in the world too. Don't need to dig into it all now. 

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I enjoy Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show, therefore I am brainwashed by "shitlib insanity", etc. Truthfully, I don't want to go through his pseudo intellectual breakdown of the show and figure out where exactly it's wrong. I generally disagree with the premise of it being some "MSM" "brainwashing" "liberal" (insert your phrase of choice). It's left leaning, it's not the ultimate fact, etc etc... but I'm not bought into the insidiousness proposed here. I'm sure the show is paced in a way to build engagement, just like anything else. 

Look, at the end of the day, the closer something is to the "red pilled" side of the Internet, the less seriously I'm going to take it. Of course there's some truth over there, but there's a lot of other nonsense coming from men trying to blame their shortcomings on everyone else in the world too. Don't need to dig into it all now. 

Yep always thought Oliver was extremely bright and extremely funny regardless of politics.

Kind of the opposite of Jimmy Kimmel.

WSS

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yep always thought Oliver was extremely bright and extremely funny regardless of politics.

Kind of the opposite of Jimmy Kimmel.

WSS

Steve, it appears you posted two "Late Night Show" topics...posted same day but 1 minute apart.

Don't want my brilliant post in the duplicate thread to be forgotten! LOL

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Did I delete one? I get a little bit foggy sitting here within a 10-ft radius of the Walker and The can. Things are getting better though.

No, you need to delete one. You posted two "Late Night Talk Show" threads.

Delete this one, the other one is better!

22 hours ago, FY56 said:

Steve, it appears you posted two "Late Night Show" topics...posted same day but 1 minute apart.

Don't want my brilliant post in the duplicate thread to be forgotten! LOL

I just scroll to the top this is the only one I see on the 7th. I left it up and deleted the other one hope I didn't fuck up.

WSS

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I just scroll to the top this is the only one I see on the 7th. I left it up and deleted the other one hope I didn't fuck up.

WSS

You did, the other one has the cool Elvis pics of you.

dammit. lol

57 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

LOl. Yeah you're out of it for sure.

In my last post I recommended you delete this one. The other one you posted a picture of yourself, remember?

No worries...just take care of yourself and have a quick recovery!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:39 PM, MLD Woody said:

I enjoy Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show, therefore I am brainwashed by "shitlib insanity", etc.

He said shitlib "inanity," not "insanity." Which, imo, is a fair description of the show.

Truthfully, I don't want to go through his pseudo intellectual breakdown of the show and figure out where exactly it's wrong. I generally disagree with the premise of it being some "MSM" "brainwashing" "liberal" (insert your phrase of choice). It's left leaning, it's not the ultimate fact, etc etc... but I'm not bought into the insidiousness proposed here. I'm sure the show is paced in a way to build engagement, just like anything else. 

Why do you find that so hard to believe? Cue and response is a well-studied psychological phenomenon. Is it really a conspiracy theory to suggest that the corporate media might try and apply it to its viewers? I don't think you're wrong about the pacing being meant to drive engagement, but to outright dismiss the social conditioning part of his argument is premature. These aren't assertions without evidence, you can watch the most recent episode and see the same exact formula in play.