THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ From The TRIBE BOARD, More bad news - Shane Beiber OUT for year, elbow surgery ... OMG !

Well they won’t be trading him now.  
Too bad, he pitched great the first 2 starts

Totally sucks.

Well, he's a free agent after this season. One of the wealthy teams will sign him. 

Shane Beiber OUT for year, elbow surgery ... OMG !

What else can happen to this Cleveland GUARDIANS   team.

More later.

▪︎  From The TRIBE BOARD, More bad news - Shane Beiber OUT for year, elbow surgery ... OMG !

Check out the  other  big Cleveland (6-2) sport in town our  GUARDIANS who started out hot so far.

But more injury bad news .... Shane Beiber OUT for year, elbow surgery ... OMG !

What else can happen ?   

But this is a tough young team.  Come over and visit us once in awhile.

GO BROWNS, GO CAVS  &  GO GUARDIANS !

Yes this is the. BROWNS BOARD  no doubt but it is deep into the off season.

And Shane Beiber is a Cleveland Cy Young Championship caliber player.

Carry on !

20 minutes ago, syd said:

feel your pain man.The reds swung for the fences in trading for Noelvi Marte 2 years ago. busted for ped's out for 80 games.

He is the Cleveland #1 pitcher no doubt  but it's nrext man up time.

This is a good very young team with a good new manager so we get to see what happens next.  Beiber was the #1 loss stopper too.

GO TRIBE !

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ From The TRIBE BOARD, More bad news - Shane Beiber OUT for year, elbow surgery ... OMG !
20 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Totally sucks.

Well, he's a free agent after this season. One of the wealthy teams will sign him. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

He will have missed a ton of games with injuries in '21 and '23, and now will miss virtually all of 2024. 

And according to Terry Pluto, he's probably going to have a 12-18 month rehab after surgery, which means he'll probably miss most to all of 2025.

This was the chance he took when he declined to sign multiple contract extensions the Guardians offered him. For the Gs, thank dog he did. 

• Upvote 1

It's never a good day when you lose your  #1 ace, Cy Young, loss stopper pitcher  that's for sure.

No matter how deep you pitching poll might be .... you just can't fill that.

• Upvote 1

Fuck the Tardians.. I hate to see people get hurt.. but this is total Karma.. The curse lives on...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Fuck the Tardians.. I hate to see people get hurt.. but this is total Karma.. The curse lives on...

Explains all your medical problems, huh? 

On 4/6/2024 at 2:10 PM, mjp28 said:

Yes this is the. BROWNS BOARD  no doubt but it is deep into the off season.

And Shane Beiber is a Cleveland Cy Young Championship caliber player.

Carry on !

Not to be early responding or anything but OUCH!  You hate to start the year off with devastating news like this.

My FREAKIN team growing up was via the affiliation of the Rochester Red Wings, who won a lot of Championships in the Minors btw.  That made me a Baltimore Orioles fan back in the day it was actually okay to like a pro team in Baltimore.  Brooks Robinson, Don Baylor, Boog Powell, Mark Belanger, Bobby Grich, Paul Blair, Al Bumbry, Jim Palmer, Dave McNally, Mike Cuellar, Grant Jackson, etc. Later on Cal Ripken, Mike Boddicker and others came a long.   Back in the day, we'd see a lot of these guys in Rochester before they were promoted up to the Orioles. Here's the thing - Rochester was always one of the top teams getting the player accustomed to winning, which definitely carried over to the Orioles. That's how they became our home team so to speak from long distance. Unfortunately, Peter Angelos bought the team and ended it's relationship with the Rochester Red Wings.  I've been very happy about that team sucking ever since.  I'm ecstatic that they gagged last year when it looked like a blind squirrel finally found a nut.  If all that wasn't enough, that's the FREAKIN same city that took our Browns - so that is the last fanbase I'd ever want to be a part of.   I haven't really cared for MLB ever since (seeing the Houston Asterisks rewarded for cheating solidified this feeling); but that's my baggage.  There's a lot of passionate sports fans in here that deserve to see their ALL of their teams succeed...

• Like 1

He's out for the year while the last player to make the Astros' team is a 30 y.o. with only 8 ML starts who throws a no hitter last week. Baseball is truly a strange game sometimes.

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's out for the year while the last player to make the Astros' team is a 30 y.o. with only 8 ML starts who throws a no hitter last week. Baseball is truly a strange game sometimes.

The Indians/Guardians have had a lot of really good starting pitchers since the 90s, multiple Cy Young winners, etc...

But they haven't thrown a no-hitter since Len Barker's perfect game in 1981. 

Strange, indeed. 

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Indians/Guardians have had a lot of really good starting pitchers since the 90s, multiple Cy Young winners, etc...

But they haven't thrown a no-hitter since Len Barker's perfect game in 1981. 

Strange, indeed. 

All the great pitchers they had and they still didn't have a better pitching staff than the Braves in 95. That roster was LOADED and still didn't win a title.

5 hours ago, Neo said:

All the great pitchers they had and they still didn't have a better pitching staff than the Braves in 95. That roster was LOADED and still didn't win a title.

The 90s teams had good pitching staffs overall, but lacked a definitive #1 starter.

They had a chance at getting Pedro Martinez, but balked at the asking price. (I can't remember what was wanted for him) I have to think Pedro on the Tribe would have probably put them over the top.

The great pitchers came after the 90s run, starting with Sabathia. 

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The 90s teams had good pitching staffs overall, but lacked a definitive #1 starter.

They had a chance at getting Pedro Martinez, but balked at the asking price. (I can't remember what was wanted for him) I have to think Pedro on the Tribe would have probably put them over the top.

The great pitchers came after the 90s run, starting with Sabathia. 

The Braves had three ace pitchers, Smoltz, Galvine, and Maddux. Yeah, that 95 Indians team was probably the best team ever put together that didn't win a title. They just ran into a buzz saw that was the Braves pitching staff. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The Braves had three ace pitchers, Smoltz, Galvine, and Maddux. Yeah, that 95 Indians team was probably the best team ever put together that didn't win a title. They just ran into a buzz saw that was the Braves pitching staff. 

That and a strike zone for the Braves pitchers (specifically Glavine in Game 6) that was roughly the size of Rhode Island. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

totally sucks - wishing Bieber a quick recovery and continued career

dont know about it being here next year though 

How true !  I've seen early numbers like 16 months .....  can you believe that !

They say Shane is a tough guy  we'll see how he handles his  TJ surgery and that long tough rehab.

Good luck Shane.    ;)

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Maybe the best since the '27 Yankees .... or even BETTER !   On paper the  '95 INDIANS  were even were .... the 1-8 the best !

And we got to see them day after day riight here in Jacobs Field.

Oh god if only they had a true Ace #1 Starter .....  dynasty team and then some.  

Bob Feller was born ?? decades too early,  oh brother.

• Zombo unpinned this topic
On 4/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, nickers said:

nickers still harbors resentment towards the tribe, Cause they picked on him at the pitch hit and run

• mjp28 unpinned this topic