THE BROWNS BOARD

¿ With so much  NFL attention on  quarterbacks at every level....but not Andrew Luck, why ?

mjp28

With so much  NFL attention on  quarterbacks at every level....but not Andrew Luck, why ? .  Good  2 minute read.   From Yahoo Sports,  SATURDAY  4/13/24.

Six years after his surprising retirement from the NFL, Andrew Luck returned to Indianapolis on Friday for the annual Chuckstrong Tailgate Gala.

Luck was only 29 years old when he walked away from football. He'll turn 35 this September, an age at which several quarterbacks — including Matthew Stafford, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers — are still succeeding.

Luck threw for 23,671 yards and 171 touchdowns during his six NFL seasons. (He missed the entire 2017 campaign due to a shoulder injury.) His 4,374 yards in 2012 set a record for passing yards by a rookie. And the Colts made the playoffs four times during his career

However, when asked if has ever considered playing football since retiring, Luck said he's never looked back.

“When I retired, that part of it was put to bed in my mind in a very simple, sort of direct way,” Luck told reporters, including the Indianapolis Star's Joel A. Erickson. “There were a lot of complications around it, you know, certainly tormented inside, as you guys saw that night, but I think that part of it has stayed.”

Luck was known for his accuracy as a passer, so it shouldn't have been shocking to see the four-time Pro Bowler rise to the moment.

Despite not wanting to return to the NFL, Luck realized he enjoyed football in his life. He's addressed that by coaching part-time at Palo Alto High School (which he calls "lower-case 'c' coaching").

"Football gave me a lot. A lot. Most importantly, again, the relationships and the experiences with people that I loved," Luck said. "I think part of me feels, and I don’t mean this in a cheesy way, but part of me feels like, you know, it’s my turn to give back to this game.

"Part of me realized that at some point in my life I needed to reintegrate football," he added. "I love the game still."

- EOM  from Yahoo Sports.

Posted (edited)

I think that Andrew Luck played it smart  despite missing the entire 2017   season with an injury.   

I don't think he ever wanted to be carried off the field at  35 or 36  or whatever age.

He had enough of his  "successful"  career with  -4- playoff runs.  And said  "I'm retiring"  time to play it back.

From spotrac.  (Smart guy, saved his money,  great guaranteed  money)   

★  TRANSACTIONS   (Where it's made.)

▪︎-->  AUG 24 2019  Retired from Professional Football   <--▪︎. " I'M GONE,  bye.  <--▪︎
★  JUN 29 2016   Signed a 5 year $122.97 million (new money) contract with Indianapolis (IND)   <--▪︎   GREAT TIMING  OR  WHAT,  ( NEW MONEY )  CONTRACT !
★  APR 9 2015.  Indianapolis (IND) exercised a $16.155 million option for 2016. <--▪︎. INJURED,  MISSED  ENTIRE  2017  SEASON <--▪︎  2018 WOULD BE HIS LAST PLAYED.  ★
JUL 19 2012. Signed a 4 year $22.1 million contract with Indianapolis (IND)
★  APR 26 2012 Drafted by Indianapolis (IND): Round 1 (#1 overall)  <--▪︎  #1 OVERALL PICK,   HE DID  "OK"  WITH THAT.

Andrew Luck signed a 5 year, $122,970,000 contract with the Indianapolis Colts, including a $32,000,000 signing bonus, $87,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $24,594,000.
CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $122,970,000 SIGNING BONUS$32,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$24,594,000 GTD AT SIGN:$44,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$87,000,000 FREE AGENT:2022 / UFA

12-2016ENTRY LEVEL

Andrew Luck signed a 4 year, $22,107,998 contract with the Indianapolis Colts, including a $14,518,544 signing bonus, $22,107,998 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,527,000.
CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $22,107,998 SIGNING BONUS$14,518,544 AVERAGE SALARY$5,527,000 GTD AT SIGN:$22,107,998 TOTAL GTD:$22,107,998 FREE AGENT:2017 / UFA
Edited by mjp28

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, syd said:

we need to get  that  guy

Unfortunitly he has a job .....   🏈   coaching high school football.

He's been gone too long, not available at any price.  :lol: <--▪︎ just a  picture of  Mr Andrew Luck every year since  2019.

Edited by mjp28

• Zombo unpinned this topic