THE BROWNS BOARD

Rashad Higgins and Christian Kirksey

Kvoethe

"Buh Dum Tiss"..

Now the Clowns honor half ass participation... Cute... Have we won any Super bowls yet?

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Now the Clowns honor half ass participation... Cute...

Kirksey was pretty good.  I remember before a Monday night game (perhaps it was Thursday night?), Chris Collinsworth described Higgins, "Well he's not fast.  And he doesn't run particularly good routes.  But he and Baker have a chemistry."  I kept hoping that the next year would be the year that he made the jump....but he was never much more than a cornerback's dream receiver to cover.  Kind of like DPJ.  A couple of receptions per game...on a good day.   Higgins had a pretty good schtick though...walking the red carpet.  :)  

• Upvote 1

Who started this trend?   

I agree with Nick.  If this is some sort of honorary deal, maybe up the bar a bit. They were both decent players, but hardly candidates for the HOF, or even the ring of honor, or like Haden who was "all in" Cleveland. 

How is this done?  Do the players call the FO to do this or does the FO call the players?

in short.. any player deciding on retiring.. tells his agent what team he'd like to retire from.. signs one day deal.. Player's chose to Retire as Cleveland Browns..

Congrats to both ! 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Orion said:

...can't fault them for that.  

In all seriousness.. I wonder if any royalties are received upon these final declarations...

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

in short.. any player deciding on retiring.. tells his agent what team he'd like to retire from.. signs one day deal.. Player's chose to Retire as Cleveland Browns..

Congrats to both ! 

understand the 1 day deal.  I guess it makes sense the agent would contact the team about signing his guy to a 1 day deal.

On 4/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, Orion said:

Higgins....wasn't he the one that almost scored a TD one time?  :)  

Congrats and thanks to both!  

Yes, the most obvious non-call in recent memory.

IMG_5554.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1