THE BROWNS BOARD

A quick fact/stat check for those calling for a QB change...AGAIN....

SoCalDog

I posted this on another thread but since people talking about turnovers I reposted it here.

The horrible Qb in the second half of the season produced a 5 3 record.

0 @PIT L 31-28 16 35 123 45.7 3.51 16 3 0 0.0 83.4 2 5 2.5 6 0

11 @BALW 33-30 24 38 274 63.2 7.21 50 0 1 1.0 73.8 4 -4 -1.0 2 1

12 HOU W 27-17 24 35 253 68.6 7.23 25 2 1 1.0 96.5 0 0 0.0 0 0

13 @ARI L 27-21 21 41 304 51.2 7.42 67 2 2 1.0 71.6 2 10 5.0 10 0

14 @NYJ W 24-18 16 29 185 55.2 6.38 45 2 1 0.0 83.3 3 3 1.0 5 0

15 BUF W 8-0 9 24 137 37.5 5.71 25 0 0 1.0 57.1 1 0 0.0 0 0

16 @CINL 19-14 29 48 251 60.4 5.23 22 2 4 1.0 53.4 1 6 6.0 6 0

17 SF W 20-7 11 20 152 55.0 7.60 45 1 1 1.0 75.4 1 0 0.0 0

Ratings of 83.4, 73.8, 96.5, 71.6, 83.3, 57.1, 53.4 and 75.4. Not spectacular by any means but really not as bad as you probably remember. There were more games than the Cincy game in the second half of the year.

and even if you ONLY count the second half of 2007 and the SHITY 2008 season DA is still 8 wins and 9 losses. I mean the horrific game in Cincinnati was a 53.4 rating and BQs rating last game was 58.7.

BQ's QB rating going in to this game was 68 for his career and I don't think that this game will have helped. In 5 career starts BQ has 3 TDs, 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles. That is a TD for every TWO turnovers. And I have seen DA called a turnover machine with a turnover rate of 1.29 every game. Well BQ has an average of 1.2 and for this year he averages 2 turnovers a game.

I still say start BQ and leave him in there. But I just don't agree that DA was a bad as many seem to have stuck in their heads. Did DA play great in 2008? Of course not, but he did start the season with a concussion and no receivers against 3 of the better defenses in the league and in game 4 he beat the Bengals who did not have a bad defense either.

And as far as sacks go DA was sacked 4 times in ONE game (against Baltimore) last year and NONE in 2007 so why would you think he would ever get sacked 8 times in one game (as some have claimed would happen)?

I do not think that BQ has had any 4 interception games but then again I don't think BQ has had any 5 TD games either (since only 3 in 5 starts). DA had 2 multiple interception games in 2008 and 2 multiple TD games also and even though he had a horrible year he still threw more TDs than Interceptions. In 2007 DA had 4 multiple interception games and 10 multiple TD games. In 2006 he had 2 multiple TD games and 2 multiple Interception games. So in 31 total games DA has had 14 multiple TD games and 8 multiple Interception games. 23 games where he has thrown a TD and 21 games where he has thrown and Interception. So if DA throws a TD (74%) then he is 61% likely to throw 2 or more TDs and in games where DA throws a interception(68% of time) he is only 38% likely to have multiple interceptions.

BQ has throw a TD in 2 of his 5 starts (40%) and is likely to throw multiple TDs in half of those games (which equates to 20%) and he has thrown interceptions in 3 of his 5 starts (60%) and multiple interceptions in one of those games (also 20%).

Basically DA is 74% likely to throw a TD and BQ is 40% likely. And DA is 45% likely to throw multiple TDs in a game and BQ is 20% likely to throw multiple TDs. DA is 68% likely to throw a INT and is 26% likely to throw multiple Interceptions. BQ is 60% likely to throw a INT and 20% likely to throw multiple interceptions.

You can make what you want of those stats but it suggests that BQ is almost as likely to throw a interception as DA is and is also almost as likely to throw multiple interceptions in a game he does throw an interception. But DA is almost twice as likely to throw a TD as BQ is and more than twice as likely to throw multiple TDs in a game.

Not sure that actually supports the idea that DA is a turnover machine. He averages 1.29 turnovers a game and BQ 1.2 (this year 2.0).

You're right, he would have just thrown 3 INT's instead of taking the 3 sacks. You're right...... let's go back to THAT again... :huh:

Be careful there.... BQ's turnover ratio this year is twice that of DA's last year so far.

This would be true assuming DA knows the playbook and is comfortable "opening it up". But you have absolutely nothing to base that on. He played hardly any in preseason and its AN ENTIRE NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME / PLAYBOOK.

You all just need to chill the F out and evaluate the team as a whole after the bye week. This is a damn expansion team.

You could put Tom Brady in at QB and he couldn't do shit either.

DA started one single quarter in preseason... lots of yards and 19 points if I recall... too bad he can't handle the offense.

This is getting ridiculous.

Lay all the fault you want at the heels of the QB you want, but if you're the one calling the plays in (HC/OC) and your RT is getting abused you HAVE to either add a TE to the right to chip the rusher to the tackle before he runs his route or give a RB or RB a blocking assignment to pick the rusher up.

I don't think it would have mattered one single bit whether it was DA or Quinn, when you give a fast SOB a straight shot to the QB he's either going to make a bad throw that gets picked or take a sack. Either way, your QB is going to wind up on the IR and we're going to see what we saw last season.

We've got to draft a RT by the 3rd round this upcoming draft, someone who can step in and start right away and offer some real protection.

We've got to draft a RG by the 4th round, I think Hadnot is solid enough to hold the fort down (when healthy) while he develops and and will leave Hadnot to be an excellent backup to either guard or the center spot. Porkchop just isn't cutting it.

QB is THE #1 position on the field, he gets all the credit and all of the blame.

Why do you think teams like NE can take late round picks and DEVELOP these guys? There's great protection for the kid, a smart positions coach to work with him and plenty of weapons to be outlets. Speaking of position coaches, isn't our current QB coach the SAME guy that couldn't teach Couch? And we're trusting him to develop our next guy? Are we stupid or just crazy or both?

We've got ONE receiver in Edwards that is a real deep threat, sometimes, when he decides he wants to hold on to the ball. Cribbs, well, I don't know if he's all that and playing both special teams most of the offensive reps is tiring him to the point where he's making a lot of mistakes or he really just doesn't have it in him to be a true receiver.

Robo was supposed to be NFL ready and come in and contribute right now, well, where is he? MoMass was a pleasant surprise but he's AWOL as well. With as much as Furrey gave us in the preseason why the hell isn't he on the field now? Royal at TE? Please!

Look at the running game, what do we have there? Lewis? He still has his moments but no longer has his break away speed so he really limits the threat from his position. Davis? He looked GREAT in preseason and like a chump once he went against some real defenders. JH? Is there a week that goes by where he doesn't pull or tweak something?

We need a retread at qb, a vet that knows the game, so we can build an environment a young QB could step into and not get killed. Couch wasn't going to be a great QB, we all knew it, but he was damaged goods after sitting behind a line where he got beat to hell every game, no running game, no receivers, bad playcalling and no real hope. He got killed physically and it ruined him mentally, when you start hearing footsteps it's all over. Young QBs don't come back from that.

I remember us arguing over if Pennington was done in New York or not, certain posters swore he was done, NY drafts a new qb then they could win again they said, then Eric took over, drafted a starting LT and center and some weapons and Pennington started winning games again. He went to Miami after NY thought Favre would be a better option, was given protection and some weapons and took a bad team to a winning season.

What a weird forum.

When DA is playing bad, all the Quinn supporters come out. The others just hide in a hole.

When Quinn is playing bad, all the DA supporters come out. The others just hide in a hole.

So sad. So sad

I don't wanna toot my own horn but, TOOT TOOT!

I've been anti-Quinn guy since draft day. Frankly, he has NEVER shown anything that suggests he can play at this level. He's always looked like Charlie Frye to me but with much better biceps. Even at training camp this year we were saying that he looks uncomfortable and he throws behind, low, and high unless his target is sitting still. I really didn't see how he could be the starter. The media worded it as "Quinn is up and down and DA hasn't done anything special to win the job". The rest of us, who were there, saw Quinn struggling. I was also saying all through preseason that Quinn is getting away with some throws that he won't get away with in the regular season. And now, here we are. That is why I am convinced he will never get better. I have never hid from Quinn backers, in fact, I've taken a lot of heat. There are some people at work that won't even talk to me anymore because of it. Kind of sad really. But the point is, I've never hidden.

At the same time, if he improves I will gladly eat a big fat slice of humble pie and back him 100%.

I don't wanna toot my own horn but, TOOT TOOT!

I've been anti-Quinn guy since draft day. Frankly, he has NEVER shown anything that suggests he can play at this level. He's always looked like Charlie Frye to me but with much better biceps. Even at training camp this year we were saying that he looks uncomfortable and he throws behind, low, and high unless his target is sitting still. I really didn't see how he could be the starter. The media worded it as "Quinn is up and down and DA hasn't done anything special to win the job". The rest of us, who were there, saw Quinn struggling. I was also saying all through preseason that Quinn is getting away with some throws that he won't get away with in the regular season. And now, here we are. That is why I am convinced he will never get better. I have never hid from Quinn backers, in fact, I've taken a lot of heat. There are some people at work that won't even talk to me anymore because of it. Kind of sad really. But the point is, I've never hidden.

At the same time, if he improves I will gladly eat a big fat slice of humble pie and back him 100%.

Not sure what you're tooting about there. Perhaps in your elation over doing such a good job of patting yourself on the back you overlooked the fact that nobody on this board has heard/read anything from you until this past week.

This one time, at Band Camp, I had an idea for this thing called the interwebs...but everyone laughed at me when I talked about it....HA!!!...who's laughing now? They kept saying how it wasn't possible, but I kept telling them that with a little more technological advancement it would not only be possible, but inevitable. I had it right all along.

No...seriously...I really did.

:rolleyes:

Archived