THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Harvey

28 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Wow, you guys are pro Weinstein. Hey, I guess it makes sense, you are supporting a rapist for president. Your boy still has 16 years to serve in CA. 

I'm not surprised that's Steve's stance given previous comments 

Westside "she shouldn't have been dressed like that" Steve 

14 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Wow, you guys are pro Weinstein. Hey, I guess it makes sense, you are supporting a rapist for president. Your boy still has 16 years to serve in CA. 

The #MeToo movement was a cancer, and you cheer it on when it affects people you don't like, such as Trump. But the real irony, lost on you, is that Trump never would have become president if it wasn't for the #MeToo movement. Rust belt would have voted Barney Frank over Trump. But instead, Barney got #MeToo'd by Clinton's DNC even more egregiously than Trump did, and the country was left choosing between Trump and Hillary. I maintain that if Frank had stood up to these bullies and never apologized for his actions, he'd probably still be president right now. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not surprised that's Steve's stance given previous comments 

Westside "she shouldn't have been dressed like that" Steve 

Of course that's never been my point but the woodpecker, as we all know, is a liar and an idiot. Thanks for playing.

Let me repeat, buyers remorse.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course that's never been my point but the woodpecker, as we all know, is a liar and an idiot. Thanks for playing.

Let me repeat, buyers remorse.

WSS

Steve you've sat here making posts essentially saying "I mean, how young is 16, really?"

Women's rights isn't you strong suit 

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

The #MeToo movement was a cancer, and you cheer it on when it affects people you don't like, such as Trump. 

Sorry man, this is getting to close to that  red pilled part of the Internet. Have some lied? Sure. That exists literally everywhere. But I'm not going to call a movement to push women's rights and the realities of sexual assault/abuse out of the shadows a cancer. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sorry man, this is getting to close to that  red pilled part of the Internet. Have some lied? Sure. That exists literally everywhere. But I'm not going to call a movement to push women's rights and the realities of sexual assault/abuse out of the shadows a cancer. 

the spin is real in this one

image.gif.3053f0ac92b6ed80e7222259899cec20.gif

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

If it was solely about rape and sexual assault, then I'm with you. When the movement snowballed into every other woman using the MeToo hashtag to bring up an awkward night of consensual sex that they later regretted, it became a cancer. The media and government weaponizing the accusations against Barney Frank and Justice Kavanaugh, both sides of the aisle, was nothing short of shameful. Being labelled as any kind of sex offender, is a life ruining experience for the majority of people. I don't think people should have their reputations permanently tarnished because someone 10 years later decides they regretted having sex with them. Somehow, this is a "redpilled" opinion. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

Harvey isn't off the hook dumbass. California is waiting for him. Harvey is a demonrat and I hope he dies in the slammer.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:13 PM, cccjwh said:

Wow, you guys are pro Weinstein. Hey, I guess it makes sense, you are supporting a rapist for president. Your boy still has 16 years to serve in CA. 

Notice the timestamp, dumbass.

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

If it was solely about rape and sexual assault, then I'm with you. When the movement snowballed into every other woman using the MeToo to bring up an awkward night of consensual sex that they later regretted, it became a cancer. The media and government weaponizing the accusations against Barney Frank and Justice Kavanaugh, both sides of the aisle, was nothing short of shameful. Being labelled as any kind of sex offender, is a life ruining experience for the majority of people. I don't think people should have their reputations permanently tarnished because someone 10 years later decides they regretted having sex with them. Somehow, this is a "redpilled" opinion. 

All the 'transwomen' Woody has had sex with are complaining.😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

If it was solely about rape and sexual assault, then I'm with you. When the movement snowballed into every other woman using the MeToo hashtag to bring up an awkward night of consensual sex that they later regretted, it became a cancer. The media and government weaponizing the accusations against Barney Frank and Justice Kavanaugh, both sides of the aisle, was nothing short of shameful. Being labelled as any kind of sex offender, is a life ruining experience for the majority of people. I don't think people should have their reputations permanently tarnished because someone 10 years later decides they regretted having sex with them. Somehow, this is a "redpilled" opinion. 

I don't disagree with the end of your post either. But I do disagree that the whole me too movement was a cancer. Anything has bad actors. I still think the net was positive to get issues out into the light. 

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't disagree with the end of your post either. But I do disagree that the whole me too movement was a cancer. Anything has bad actors. I still think the net was positive to get issues out into the light. 

baloney. It was a mmgw kind of political leftwing movement.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, MLD Woody said:

I still think the net was positive to get issues out into the light. 

Serious question and one I don't know the answer to - is there any measurable outcome that has changed as a result of the MeToo movement? Less rapes or sexual assaults? Increase in rape convictions? Some measure of how safe women feel? 

11 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Serious question and one I don't know the answer to - is there any measurable outcome that has changed as a result of the MeToo movement? Less rapes or sexual assaults? Increase in rape convictions? Some measure of how safe women feel? 

Hard data I have no idea, but it at least drove more accountability for those that committed sexual assault. I believe it also led to more laws/protections around workplace harassment in multiple states, and weakened the ability of NDAs to silence victims. 

13 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Celebrating #MeToo’s Global Impact – Foreign Policy

The #MeToo Movement’s Powerful New Tool | Human Rights Watch (hrw.org)

Resignations and prosecutions of those accused of abuse have taken place around the world, including Egypt, India, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Sweden, and the United States. There are new sexual harassment laws in 15 US states, and more legal resources for survivors who wish to come forward.

Five years on, here’s what #MeToo has changed - POLITICO

16 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Resignations and prosecutions of those accused of abuse have taken place around the world, including Egypt, India, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Sweden, and the United States.

I don't think that cancellation based off an accusation is something to celebrate (and I'm not shocked that the writers at FP are celebrating that). You shouldn't be forced to resign from something because of an accusation (though I kind of wish that happened to our underperforming QB). Unless these people who resigned were also criminally convicted of something, I suspect that most of these resignations are corporations doing the bidding of a loud mob to avoid bad publicity. 

18 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

There are new sexual harassment laws in 15 US states, and more legal resources for survivors who wish to come forward.

More legal resources for victims is great, but again, what's the measurable outcome? Sexual assault incidence has decreased? Something like that. 

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

More legal resources for victims is great, but again, what's the measurable outcome? Sexual assault incidence has decreased? Something like that. 

Except that data is skewed if sexual assault was never reported because of power structures, etc at the time that made the victim feel it was a lost cause. 

Like I said in my posts, laws going into affect to improve workplace protections and weaken the power of NDAs to silence victims is a good thing. 

• Haha 1