THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Taxes - 7 BILLION went to ivy league schools that have palestinian protest riots?

why are we funding ivy league schools?

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/04/29/waste-7-billion-in-taxpayer-funds-to-ivy-league-universities-with-anti-isreal-protests-n2173486

WASTE: $7 Billion in Taxpayer Funds Went to Ivy League Universities with Anti-Israel Protests

"Harvard: $50,877,680,000

Yale: $41,383,260,000

Stanford: $36,338,794,000

Princeton: $35,126,200,000

MIT: $24,600,809,000

Note that these top five endowments are in billions of dollars."

Lol, no they're not. They're in dollars....

Aware winning journalism by the rage baiting bloggers at red state

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Harvard: $50,877,680,000

Yale: $41,383,260,000

Stanford: $36,338,794,000

Princeton: $35,126,200,000

MIT: $24,600,809,000

Note that these top five endowments are in billions of dollars."

Lol, no they're not. They're in dollars....

Aware winning journalism by the rage baiting bloggers at red state

A minor slip is the best you can do?

Pretty sure the authors intent was to stress the obscene amounts received.

Note that these top five endowments are billions of dollars.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Just another article in the right's war on education. Beautiful 

Riiiight a "war" on education. How about a war on indoctrination and or stupidity.

These protestors couldn't find Israel on a map.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FY56 said:

A minor slip is the best you can do?

Pretty sure the authors intent was to stress the obscene amounts received.

Note that these top five endowments are billions of dollars.

Yes, the author's intent was to get his readers angry and riled up. It's the intent of the entire site. 

It isn't "the best I could do". I got there and laughed at his poorly it's written. But red state is nothing more than a right wing rage blog at this point. 

17 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Riiiight a "war" on education. How about a war on indoctrination and or stupidity.

These protestors couldn't find Israel on a map.

The right is very clearly anti academic, anti education, and anti expert. You can pretend it isn't if that makes you feel better, but we have hundreds of threads on here that say differently. 

They'll claim "indoctrination" or whatever other nonsense, but they are anti education because getting educated hurts their chances of reelection. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, the author's intent was to get his readers angry and riled up. It's the intent of the entire site. 

It isn't "the best I could do". I got there and laughed at his poorly it's written. But red state is nothing more than a right wing rage blog at this point. 

Because no such thing exists on the left.

Rather than the erroneous inclusion of a word, what really should have stuck out to you is that article seems to conflate "tax dollars" and "endowments". The title of the article mentions taxpayer funds but the article points to endowments. To the best of my knowledge, they are 2 different things.

I mean if they really wanted to induce rage:

About 3.6% of total federal spending went towards higher education investments, according to the US government’s Datalab. Datalab operates under the Department of Treasury and is a public source for federal spending data. Colleges and universities received $1.068 trillion in revenue from federal and non-federal funding sources in 2018.

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So your intent posting here is to get people angry and riled up?  What will your two drag queen dads think?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Vambo said:

So your intent posting here is to get people angry and riled up?  What will your two drag queen dads think?

Actually, I think his intent with each progressive post is to illustrate his ignorance on a graduating (no pun intended) scale.

He has no idea how indoctrinated he is

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The right is very clearly anti academic, anti education, and anti expert. You can pretend it isn't if that makes you feel better, but we have hundreds of threads on here that say differently. 

They'll claim "indoctrination" or whatever other nonsense, but they are anti education because getting educated hurts their chances of reelection. 

I don't pretend. I am not anti-education. I am anti indoctrination.

You pretend it doesn't exist.

"Black Americans watch the news like ordinary Americans."

A member of which party said that Woody? 

Ask that of a college student and I'd bet a grand he or she without hesitation would say "Republican."

When in fact it was Bill Clinton.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's plenty obvious to everyone here that you were indoctrinated.  So of course you will deny it.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Just another article in the right's war on education. Beautiful 

So Pecker, guess how much money these educational institutions pay in taxes on endowments?

I’ll wait.

12 hours ago, FY56 said:

Because no such thing exists on the left.

Rather than the erroneous inclusion of a word, what really should have stuck out to you is that article seems to conflate "tax dollars" and "endowments". The title of the article mentions taxpayer funds but the article points to endowments. To the best of my knowledge, they are 2 different things.

I mean if they really wanted to induce rage:

About 3.6% of total federal spending went towards higher education investments, according to the US government’s Datalab. Datalab operates under the Department of Treasury and is a public source for federal spending data. Colleges and universities received $1.068 trillion in revenue from federal and non-federal funding sources in 2018.

No, his point was that their endowments are huge but they're still receiving some government funding. 

And my god! 3.6%!? To help support education!!???? What a waste! We could buy like... 4 stealth bombers with that to bring freedom to the middle east

Just when the woodpecker seems to hit a new low of stupidity and worthlessness on this forum,

he goes lower and more stupid.image.gif.cd63401a5adfaf7908dddec063a935fe.gif

Last time I checked, Stanford, MIT are not in the Ivy League