THE BROWNS BOARD

Teacher Salaries--Discuss

8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I'm sure she will have a lucrative career.😂

If babylon bee or the onion did a parody of these people and used the name "King-Slutzky" people would have been saying that the name is too ridiculous.

13 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

While we're on the topic of education. This is going viral right now. Got sent to a member of Congress by a cadet. This is from West Point. 

image.thumb.png.c61b2f83fd3cc2e497ee09412a01bca4.png

Yes, and here I thought the purpose of the military (of which I spent 1/3 of my life) was to defeat the enemy.

On 5/3/2024 at 9:19 PM, MLD Woody said:

I studied engineering. Slavery never came up

Well that explains a lot.

Where I went to school engineering students were required to take humanities and social science courses electives.

Black history wasn't an option tho, it was required. It began with learning all about the institution of slavery.

Slavery was taught as if it were the invention of the evil white man. 

If I knew then what I know now, I would have pointed out to him the facts he failed to mention, and there are quite a few such as...

The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Well that explains a lot.

Where I went to school engineering students were required to take humanities and social science courses electives.

Black history wasn't an option tho, it was required. It began with learning all about the institution of slavery.

Slavery was taught as if it were the invention of the evil white man. 

If I knew then what I know now, I would have pointed out to him the facts he failed to mention, and there are quite a few such as...

The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

Whatever fits their narrative and gets them free stuff.( Biden whisper: they don't care about racism)

Woody is ignorant and immature yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jax said:

Whatever fits their narrative and gets them free stuff.( Biden whisper: they don't care about racism)

Woody is ignorant and immature yet.

I don't want any free stuff. I'm doing pretty well. 

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Then stop whining.

Its all soi boi transgender kids do is whine and cry because their hormones are all outta whack

• Haha 1

chicago teachers should not make a salary - they should be paid by the hour they teach correctly.

Meaning, they don't get any pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh right right, I forgot it's core to the conservative experience to only think about things that directly impacted you. 

Whines about white supremacy and systemic racism that 'still' affects blacks today, but gloats how well the little white engineer does all the while pretends that the mlb movement and crying has nothing to do with just wanting free stuff and be given a free ride just because he doesn't need anything.  - dumbass cult

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Try a mirror 

True enough. Then again I would bet that every person on this board with a month or two of training to teach just about every high school subject. Conversely I'd be surprised if there were more than one or two members that could do my job in a couple of months.

WSS

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

True enough. Then again I would bet that every person on this board with a month or two of training to teach just about every high school subject. Conversely I'd be surprised if there were more than one or two members that could do my job in a couple of months.

WSS

Here's Woody to prove you wrong:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I play a mean Jukebox!

WSS

Well I do some singing myself but I wouldn't put myself in your league... You have a lifetime of doing it.. I play instruments mostly...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Well I do some singing myself but I wouldn't put myself in your league... You have a lifetime of doing it.. I play instruments mostly...

You play a lot better guitar than I do. But again my point is that everybody here could learn to teach 90% of the high school classes in a couple of months. And also to the woodpeckers point sure my jobs pretty easy because it's second nature to me. Tenured School teachers make more than the average worker and do a lot less work. Maybe the 15% that are great are worth some more money but that's way balanced out by the ones that are babysitters or worse.

WSS

• Upvote 1

You play a lot better guitar than I do. But again my point is that everybody here could learn to teach 90% of the high school classes in a couple of months. And also to the woodpeckers point sure my jobs pretty easy because it's second nature to me. Tenured School teachers make more than the average worker and do a lot less work. Maybe the 15% that are great are worth some more money but that's way balanced out by the ones that are babysitters or worse.

WSS

My Sister in Law is a grade school teacher and deals with this crap everyday.. Agreed...

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

In two weeks I could sing just as poorly as you could teach geometry 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

In two days, I could teach English better than you, while playing my harmonica.

Required reading would beimage.jpeg.6f266a5c10946f48316a5fd3f5b2d758.jpeg

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Let's be honest, I don't think even you believe that, you're just saying it to be a dick. I get it. Furthermore you're either making it up or you just don't know that being an Entertainer is important to being a teacher. If you can't engage a classroom, if you're not personable, if you can't hold their interest you probably won't be that successful. Another thing I doubt you understand is that the curriculum has been set in stone probably for years. A quick scan of this week's lesson plan anybody should be able to discuss it. With or without a degree.

There are a lot more factors that go into entertaining than vocal talent that you probably don't understand because of your obsession with rote learning.

WSS

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Let's be honest, I don't think even you believe that, you're just saying it to be a dick. I get it. Furthermore you're either making it up or you just don't know that being an Entertainer is important to being a teacher. If you can't engage a classroom, if you're not personable, if you can't hold their interest you probably won't be that successful. Another thing I doubt you understand is that the curriculum has been set in stone probably for years. A quick scan of this week's lesson plan anybody should be able to discuss it. With or without a degree.

There are a lot more factors that go into entertaining than vocal talent that you probably don't understand because of your obsession with rote learning.

WSS

Exactomundo!!.. It takes more than just getting the degree and showing up in the classroom every morning..... Like on stage.. If you don't have stage presence or some kind of flair to hold peoples attention.. You won't be around long.. There's a lot more that goes into a production besides standing there with a guitar and your tongue wagging out.. The crotch grab only goes so far then it gets back to business as usual for some if you follow my meaning.. But that said... When I'm on stage... I put so much focus into the moment nothing else matters.. I don't really practice the day of the show because I like saving that energy for the stage.. I never really play things the same way twice.. I think you can apply that same strategy in the classroom so to speak.. Each child is different while the general curriculum is the same for most everyone.. Not all kids share the same learning curve obviously... But you have to... Treat the child so to speak and not the curriculum if that makes any sense...