THE BROWNS BOARD

What Seems Obvious This Season

Sony Reed

I see many things that lead me to believe that this will be a very long season looking at the decisions the front office made and the play on the field.

1. I believed we had a chance to draft our Franchise Quarterback in Mark Sanchez and traded the pick to the Jets and continued to trade down and this will haunt this team for years, not only did we bypass Sanchez but there were other offensive playmakers this team could have drafted, after all we are talking about a team with only Braylon Edwards as a guy on offense thats a proven playmaker. We had people in this forum talking about all we got from the Jets foor Sanchez, what we received was a bunch of journeyman NFL players in Coleman, Elam, and then we select a Center and with our 2nd round picks we draft 2 wide receivers. ( We trade away a future star quarterback for quantity not quality)

2. We kept hearing that Brian Robiske was the most NFL ready wideout in the draft .....looks like someone missed the boat on this pick, this guy has been outplayed by MoMass and though it may take a couple years for a receiver, did we have to draft 2 receivers in round 2 with so many other needs

3. We are getting little to no contributions from the guys we drafted other than on special teams and Mack is struggling

4. The guys we got from the Jets, Coleman, Mosley, Barton, Elam, Bowens are not star players or guys that make game changing plays they are solid NFL players and all except Elam would be rotational players at best on a good team

5. Brady Quinn is not the answer at quarterback, if anybody wants to believe all the excuses I hear from the right side of the offensive line, receivers not getting separation, the offensive coordinator keep fooling yourself Brady is not very good and how many games does he need to play like the first 2 starts this year to convince people he is not a good NFL QB, he is no different with his dink and dunks than Tim Couch or Charlie Frye, the faster we dump Brady Quinn and move on the quicker this franchise will improve, for all those people that knocked DA (Inspecta) and called for Quinn are you happy with Quinn.

And the excuse this is BQ's 5th career start is nothing but a excuse this is Quinns 3rd year in the league, all you have to do is look at Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez this year, even Stafford has looked better than Quinn

6. We have no running game and Jerome Harrison is not the answer and we have to draft a running back with speed and a Quarterback before we move forward.

7. This will be a rebuilding year and winning 4 games might be tough

8. Brandon McDonald and Eric Wright still can;t cover man to man and we have no player who can cover the slot receiver

9. We should look for major changes in this roster next season

10. We should have a top 3 pick in the 2010 NFL draft

There needs to be a no-thanks button, go read JJ's post negative nancy.

You are the typical Browns fan who does not want the truth, take off your orange and brown glasses and look at the total picture

We have 3 rookies Robiske, MoMass and Viekune (SP) sitting on the bench and our 1st round pick struggling at center

We had a chance to draft Sanchez and we are stuck with Brady ( Charlie Frye ) Quinn....and what did we get for trading Sanchez a bag of garbage, yea Mangini and Kokinis is showing how smart they are.

Lums has been correct and Browns fans don't want to here the truth

Brady Quinn has made DA look like Dan Marino in his prime

BQ's last 2 games is some of the worst QB play I have ever watched and I thought Frye was terrible

Some people on here wanted BQ and now you have him and can see how bad a QB this guy is, NFL teams knew when they kept bypassing him in the draft that BQ was not the answer now we Browns fans are finding out BQ is not very good another waster draft pick.

We had the #5 pick in the draft with a chance to draft a impact player and we trade down numerous times to save money to draft a freakin center and then we draft 2 wide receivers.......yea these guys are smarter than everyone in the league

Brian Robiske according to people on this board was the most NFL ready receiver in the draft, well I was at training camp everyday for 2 weeks and let me tell you Mohammed Masaquoi is a much better receiver than Robiske its not even close, Robiske can't get any separation against NFL cornerbacks

We draft Alex Mack in round 1 and are surprised by his lack of strength......where is the scouting

We draft David Veikune to play outside LB and learn he will be better as a inside LB and not ready to contribute this season.

You win in this league when you have guys that can make plays......We have but a few guys on this team that can make plays on a consistant basis

This team has to draft better if we are going to get better

No I am not doom and gloom just looking at things as they are and this is not a pretty picture

Now AdaM take off your glasses and you might see how bad BQ and this team really is.

Lums has been correct and Browns fans don't want to here the truth.

Wrong. "Lums" only point is that DA should be the starting QB over any alternative. He'd be on the Saints board telling fans that Brees should be benched if DA was on that roster.

As for the rest of your post on Sanchez, Mack, Robiske, MoMass, etc it seems a little early to be drawing conclusions. It seems just as likely that Mangini felt that our overall talent is below a winning level and it would take more than one draft to "fix" it. Who knows. Its early.

Second rounders have to be impactful on your football team...we have three sitting the bench...yuck! IMO you have to see what these guys are made of Before next year. Give the Jets a call and send them BE for picks next year...we would need him if we were any good but we aren't, so he's expendable and only stunting growth of two second round picks...he will be gone anyway...he hates Cleveland/Ohio/Fans and wants advertising dollars and is in contract year.......And led the league in Drops. See if they bite!

You are the typical Browns fan who does not want the truth, take off your orange and brown glasses and look at the total picture

We have 3 rookies Robiske, MoMass and Viekune (SP) sitting on the bench and our 1st round pick struggling at center

We had a chance to draft Sanchez and we are stuck with Brady ( Charlie Frye ) Quinn....and what did we get for trading Sanchez a bag of garbage, yea Mangini and Kokinis is showing how smart they are.

Lums has been correct and Browns fans don't want to here the truth

Brady Quinn has made DA look like Dan Marino in his prime

BQ's last 2 games is some of the worst QB play I have ever watched and I thought Frye was terrible

Some people on here wanted BQ and now you have him and can see how bad a QB this guy is, NFL teams knew when they kept bypassing him in the draft that BQ was not the answer now we Browns fans are finding out BQ is not very good another waster draft pick.

We had the #5 pick in the draft with a chance to draft a impact player and we trade down numerous times to save money to draft a freakin center and then we draft 2 wide receivers.......yea these guys are smarter than everyone in the league

Brian Robiske according to people on this board was the most NFL ready receiver in the draft, well I was at training camp everyday for 2 weeks and let me tell you Mohammed Masaquoi is a much better receiver than Robiske its not even close, Robiske can't get any separation against NFL cornerbacks

We draft Alex Mack in round 1 and are surprised by his lack of strength......where is the scouting

We draft David Veikune to play outside LB and learn he will be better as a inside LB and not ready to contribute this season.

You win in this league when you have guys that can make plays......We have but a few guys on this team that can make plays on a consistant basis

This team has to draft better if we are going to get better

No I am not doom and gloom just looking at things as they are and this is not a pretty picture

Now AdaM take off your glasses and you might see how bad BQ and this team really is.

LOL. They are sitting on the bench for a reason. Several to be exact. That won't last forever and it will change. Sanchez? Come on man, the guy hasn't even had a "good" game yet, he would be toast in Cleveland right now.

Quinn is scanning the field for an open receiver. Don't you think he'd pass the ball if he found one? When he's not getting blasted from the right side, he does have time to look. It seems like we have zero quick slants in our playbook. Where is our TE that can run great routes and catch the ball? -- oh yah, he plays for tampa.

The Defense needs to blitz more. Orton had all day to pass..... ALL DAY!! I think that was the first time i've ever seen a team rush 2 defenders. The JETS got to Brady yesterday because Rex Ryan sent the house. We never send the house... we never send anyone. Need to blitz more, for sure.

This team is bad

You are the typical Browns fan who does not want the truth,

and you sound like the other group of browns fans that dont know shit about football. typical idiot thinking that you can build a team around a single draft pick. yup, you sure know how to build a team, and show it with this vomit of a thread.

I don't want the TRUTH?

You're the one anointing Mark Sanchez a FRANCHISE QB.

He hasnt done shit and he hasnt even been good in the first two games, come again?

I don't want the TRUTH?

You're the one anointing Mark Sanchez a FRANCHISE QB.

He hasnt done shit and he hasnt even been good in the first two games, come again?

Sanchez as a rookie with 2 NFL starts has played ten times better than Brady Quinn with 3 years in the league.....You think the Jets would trade you Sanchez for Quinn? And people actully believed we were offered a 1st round pick for BQ.....No NFL team was stupid enough to do that

But keep telling yourself Quinn will be good......The truth hurts all the BQ fans

You want to also tell me about all those great Ex Jet players we got for trading the #5 pick in the draft, people in NY are still laughing that they got the #5 pick in the draft for giving up nothing add to the fact we kept trading down to stockpile 6th round draft choices boy these guys really know what they are doing

The same people who knocked DA and Romeo Crennel are going to see that BQ and Mangini/Kokinis are not a upgrade

Get ready for a new QB in 2010..................Brady Quinn is not the answer

and you sound like the other group of browns fans that dont know shit about football. typical idiot thinking that you can build a team around a single draft pick. yup, you sure know how to build a team, and show it with this vomit of a thread.

Why don't you tell how much you know? your post show you don't know much about football except they play once a week

Read and you might learn something, I never said that you could fix this with one draft, I said when you have a chance to take a top 5 pick you don't trade it for a bunch of garbage and then draft a center from the Pac-10, and then with 3 2nd round picks draft 2 wide receivers and a converted defensive end to play linebacker, this team needed some rookies to contribute and we have one starting and struggling at center, one Massaquoi who should be starting but is not and Robiske who does not have the speed and can't get any separation and a guy learning to play linebacker.

Then we sign a journeyman like St.Clair to start at tackle along with another journeyman Womack what did people expect, yet you had people here predicting 9 and 10 wins.......You don't win in the NFL without talent and guys that can make plays

Why don't you tell how much you know? your post show you don't know much about football except they play once a week

here's the difference.

i post about what i know. you post because you think your opinion is good....ironically proving how little you know.

for instance...

"4. The guys we got from the Jets, Coleman, Mosley, Barton, Elam, Bowens are not star players or guys that make game changing plays they are solid NFL players and all except Elam would be rotational players at best on a good team"

what the xxxx do you expect....to trade 1 draft pick for 4 pro-bowlers? when you'r trying to turn over a roster, you bring in new guys. maybe some are better, maybe some aren't. but the fact that you dislike the trade because these 4 player we got are not killing opposing offenses just shows how unrealistic your expectations are....evenmore after considering how we've done since the return. did you take the cap into consideration? or do you think money grows on trees, and can be willfilly spent by any NFL team that needs some talent. there are rules that govern this that you apparently dont comprehend.

so to alow you to maintain some pride, i wont tear apart the rest of your post.

here's the difference.

i post about what i know. you post because you think your opinion is good....ironically proving how little you know.

for instance...

"4. The guys we got from the Jets, Coleman, Mosley, Barton, Elam, Bowens are not star players or guys that make game changing plays they are solid NFL players and all except Elam would be rotational players at best on a good team"

what the xxxx do you expect....to trade 1 draft pick for 4 pro-bowlers? when you'r trying to turn over a roster, you bring in new guys. maybe some are better, maybe some aren't. but the fact that you dislike the trade because these 4 player we got are not killing opposing offenses just shows how unrealistic your expectations are....evenmore after considering how we've done since the return. did you take the cap into consideration? or do you think money grows on trees, and can be willfilly spent by any NFL team that needs some talent. there are rules that govern this that you apparently dont comprehend.

so to alow you to maintain some pride, i wont tear apart the rest of your post.

Elam has been more productive than Sanchez anyway.

There is no QB answer for this team. You put Quinn on any other team, minus the lions, and he's in the pro bowl.

Kansas City Cheifs ? Minnesota Vikings ? Oakland Raiders ?

keep on dreaming about BQ but he cannot take us to the promised land until we have a major roster upgrade and i dont think Mangini will be there for that long.

Archived