THE BROWNS BOARD

What say you?

I would say that there is a scumbag lawyer out there ready to sue the shit out of the doctor if something no matter how minor went wrong. Unless he could successfully argue the Good Samaritan clause which would still probably cost him dearly.

WSS

I don't have enough info for an honest answer.

Why was the doctor needed? Did he have any tools? Was being liable for anything that went wrong really a risk for the doctor? Does his insurance protect him/any laws?

I know if it was me that needed care, I'd at least want him to look at me and maybe suggest things that would help until we landed.

I don't know what was wrong, if being drunk would have been a problem. I doubt he was too drunk however and I know I've sobered up enough in the past to be more than capable. It's not like he could perform heart or brain surgery on the plane even if he wasn't drunk.

I think the Dr is a dick to be honest. You can at least look at the person and suggest life saving advice or if it was life threatening made him comfortable enough for the ride.

He chose the profession to be a dr and I believe he has a certain obligation. I know he's not getting paid but they are taught and even swear an oath to help those they can plus being a moral human that has the ability to help in an emergency. A dr needs to be better than that.

If there are certain health risks to the dr, such as possible contamination from blood(aids,disease), then I'm not so certain. I don't think anyone is obligated to sacrifice their life or health to help another.

If that was my doctor, he better be beyond amazing or I'd find a new doctor that didn't make excuses to be a pos.

23 minutes ago, Jax said:

I don't have enough info for an honest answer.

Why was the doctor needed? Did he have any tools? Was being liable for anything that went wrong really a risk for the doctor? Does his insurance protect him/any laws?

I know if it was me that needed care, I'd at least want him to look at me and maybe suggest things that would help until we landed.

I don't know what was wrong, if being drunk would have been a problem. I doubt he was too drunk however and I know I've sobered up enough in the past to be more than capable. It's not like he could perform heart or brain surgery on the plane even if he wasn't drunk.

I think the Dr is a dick to be honest. You can at least look at the person and suggest life saving advice or if it was life threatening made him comfortable enough for the ride.

He chose the profession to be a dr and I believe he has a certain obligation. I know he's not getting paid but they are taught and even swear an oath to help those they can plus being a moral human that has the ability to help in an emergency. A dr needs to be better than that.

If there are certain health risks to the dr, such as possible contamination from blood(aids,disease), then I'm not so certain. I don't think anyone is obligated to sacrifice their life or health to help another.

If that was my doctor, he better be beyond amazing or I'd find a new doctor that didn't make excuses to be a pos.

It is a Doctor or Hospitals duty to treat you regardless of monetary status, employment.. etc.. It is their moral obligation.. as you said.. they sworn by oath...