THE BROWNS BOARD

Stefanski Stepping Aside, Allowing Dorsey to Transform Offense?

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Interesting that we have some who laud Watt over Myles so passionately.  Yet Watt, in all his brilliance, has fewer playoff wins (zero) in more playoff appearances (3) than Myles does (1 win in 2 appearances) 

Watt also has 1 more TFL, a tipped pass and a fumble recovery that wasn't forced by him, in the extra playoff appearance chance. 

But they have the same amount of sacks and average the same amount of QB hits,  despite Watt having the extra game. 

Myles hasn't missed a playoff game, Watt missed this past season.  

Also worthy of note - the Steelers, with Watt starting in the playoffs, have given up an average of 45ppg.   The highest in the post season in NFL over the last 7 years.... By a long way. 

Watt is an elite player and it's fun watching him at his craft (when he isn't playing against your team). If you love the game, you have a respect and appreciation for all great players.   Myles responsibilities and assignments call for things Watt doesn't do, Watt has assignments Myles doesn't get calls for as their coaches play to their respective strengths. 

Both were worthy of DPOTY, I can make an argument for both.  At the end of the day, Myles was there for his teams playoff appearance and that recency likely stuck with award voters. 

Ah, Ghoolie does not care for logic. Please stop for Ghoolie's sake.😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

You keep checking grammar. BOTH Watt specimens are miles ahead of Myles.

Garrett admitted that he didn't play hard on every down on college, it is the same with the Browns.

He is overrated shit.

Myles Garrett didn't need to tee off from the Women's Tees vrs Right Tackles every game like TJ.  If you want to be the best - you gotta beat the best.  

We can go back as far as the Browns beating the Steelers in the playoffs when Myles scored our 1st TD on the 1st play of the game.  Our Defense forced 4 INTs from Roethlisberger while you were watching the Hallmark Channel.  TJ Watts' defense forced 0 INTs. The Browns scored 48 points while Pittsburgh only had 29 points with 1:09 remaining (before a junk time TD).  

In college, Garrett played his final year with high ankle sprain which impacted his performance.  I never heard or read he announced he doesn't play hard.  @TexasAg1969goes to a lot of A&M home games every year as a huge fan of that program.  I'd rather hear what he has to say about that since he doesn't have trouble telling the truth like you.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Myles Garrett didn't need to tee off from the Women's Tees vrs Right Tackles every game like TJ.  If you want to be the best - you gotta beat the best.  

We can go back as far as the Browns beating the Steelers in the playoffs when Myles scored our 1st TD on the 1st play of the game.  Our Defense forced 4 INTs from Roethlisberger while you were watching the Hallmark Channel.  TJ Watts' defense forced 0 INTs. The Browns scored 48 points while Pittsburgh only had 29 points with 1:09 remaining (before a junk time TD).  

In college, Garrett played his final year with high ankle sprain which impacted his performance.  I never heard or read he announced he doesn't play hard.  @TexasAg1969goes to a lot of A&M home games every year as a huge fan of that program.  I'd rather hear what he has to say about that since he doesn't have trouble telling the truth like you.

Well... To be honest.. A famous Defensive lineman.. Warren Sapp (I believe it was) questioned Garrett's motor and also said he "took plays off".....  When I have time I'll dig that up... It may have been someone else.. But I believe it was Sapp... So it's not like he's entirely wrong although he may not be entirely right.. At this point.. I don't much care... Just show up when you're counted upon.... That is all the paying fan can ask for...I have no dog in this.. I just want the damn team to win.. I don't care about stats... I used to immerse myself in that stuff when I was in my 20's.. I just want to see good , sound and exciting football... Without the political overtones and all the other bullshit that goes with it.. But yeah... I understand the world and the game is different today...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well... To be honest.. A famous Defensive lineman.. Warren Sapp (I believe it was) questioned Garrett's motor and also said he "took plays off".....  When I have time I'll dig that up... It may have been someone else.. But I believe it was Sapp... So it's not like he's entirely wrong although he may not be entirely right.. At this point.. I don't much care... Just show up when you're counted upon.... That is all the paying fan can ask for...I have no dog in this.. I just want the damn team to win.. I don't care about stats... I used to immerse myself in that stuff when I was in my 20's.. I just want to see good , sound and exciting football... Without the political overtones and all the other bullshit that goes with it.. But yeah... I understand the world and the game is different today...

Close Nicks.  Time is flying on us my man.  Sapp said that about Courtney Brown.  Sapp did everything but call Courtney Brown a sissy.  I put a big long winded post about Michigan choosing to run AT Courtney Brown instead of giving him the freebies from the backside untouched on the clampdowns.  They not only stopped any potential tackles for losses; but found themselves pleasantly surprised he wasn't very good against run vrs their Tackle.  I didn't want Brown at all - I wanted Arrington.  When Brown got hurt here - Jamir Miller replaced him and made the Pro Bowl.  The next year Miller blew out his achilles in the 1st pre-season game; and it ended his career... That's the kind of luck Cleveland always seemed to have.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Close Nicks.  Time is flying on us my man.  Sapp said that about Courtney Brown.  Sapp did everything but call Courtney Brown a sissy.  I put a big long winded post about Michigan choosing to run AT Courtney Brown instead of giving him the freebies from the backside untouched on the clampdowns.  They not only stopped any potential tackles for losses; but found themselves pleasantly surprised he wasn't very good against run vrs their Tackle.  I didn't want Brown at all - I wanted Arrington.  When Brown got hurt here - Jamir Miller replaced him and made the Pro Bowl.  The next year Miller blew out his achilles in the 1st pre-season game; and it ended his career... That's the kind of luck Cleveland always seemed to have.

Yeah I wanted Arrington too, oddly enough.. And yeah man.. Times running out on us old dudes... I turn 60 in January.. God knows any days imparted to anyone after that milestone is a blessing.. I lost a former bass player who just happened to be Arsenio Halls cousin at 57... About 2 years ago.. Despite all the trappings of racism and all the other BS.. We were like brothers... Miss him dearly... He was a thin man.. Had a massive heart attack then.. Kaput!... Like they say.. "just one before I die"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah I wanted Arrington too, oddly enough.. And yeah man.. Times running out on us old dudes... I turn 60 in January.. God knows any days imparted to anyone after that milestone is a blessing.. I lost a former bass player who just happened to be Arsenio Halls cousin at 57... About 2 years ago.. Despite all the trappings of racism and all the other BS.. We were like brothers... Miss him dearly... He was a thin man.. Had a massive heart attack then.. Kaput!... Like they say.. "just one before I die"

Sorry to hear that about your buddy.  I'm hoping this will be a fun season for all our fans in here.  The Browns have been a lifetime adventure to say the least Nicks...

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Mild Garret is a cahunnt. You and Flugels are cahunnts.

Some of you c*nts just don't get it. This is a fucking football board, not a bullshit, grade school trash talk forum.

A couple years before he passed, Stan asked me and one other guy to help him and to reach out to members via e mail, who don't post and find out why.

The number one reason? Regulars turning every fucking thread into bullshit personal comments.

Younger posters don't want to join in if they are going to be attacked or ridiculed.

Two mother fucking threads I post to talk about the stadium, and two cocksukers just decide to drag their bullshit over and keep at it.

Seriously, Tom, Dutch, you two, c*nts are like Behar and Whoopie. No matter what the fucking topic, you imbeciles can't resist from addressing the poster.

Talk football, or shut your fucking pieholes. If you were on a construction crew you both would have gotten your asses severely kicked long ago

😂

46 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Racist? LMAO. so if I dislike a black player I am racist. Fuck Myels Garrett. The only ones who believe Mild Garrett is better than Watt are Browns fans.

You judge the bastard on his highlight films. I judge him on the fact that he doesn't show up 6 games every year.

Mild Garret is a cahunnt. You and Flugels are cahunnts.

Awww poor Dutch gurl got his/her clit caught in his/her pants zipper again...

On 5/22/2024 at 6:15 PM, tiamat63 said:

Interesting that we have some who laud Watt over Myles so passionately.  Yet Watt, in all his brilliance, has fewer playoff wins (zero) in more playoff appearances (3) than Myles does (1 win in 2 appearances) 

Watt also has 1 more TFL, a tipped pass and a fumble recovery that wasn't forced by him, in the extra playoff appearance chance. 

But they have the same amount of sacks and average the same amount of QB hits,  despite Watt having the extra game. 

Myles hasn't missed a playoff game, Watt missed this past season.  

Also worthy of note - the Steelers, with Watt starting in the playoffs, have given up an average of 45ppg.   The highest in the post season in NFL over the last 7 years.... By a long way. 

Watt is an elite player and it's fun watching him at his craft (when he isn't playing against your team). If you love the game, you have a respect and appreciation for all great players.   Myles responsibilities and assignments call for things Watt doesn't do, Watt has assignments Myles doesn't get calls for as their coaches play to their respective strengths. 

Both were worthy of DPOTY, I can make an argument for both.  At the end of the day, Myles was there for his teams playoff appearance and that recency likely stuck with award voters. 

Well said T!   All things being equal, Watt plays for the hated rival - so we're gonna dig and question why he needed to line up against Right Tackles in an era where Left Tackles usually earn the highest salaries on the OL. Garrett not only lined up against Left Tackles; but he constantly took on double teams plus another player chipping.  That's why I bring up the tougher challenges he faced because it can certainly explain the difference in stats.  I think 1 DPOTY finalist (Micah Parsons) clarified why he felt Myles was the obvious winner via film and facing Left Tackles.  

Believe it or not, I understand why Pitt does this though because in 2022 Highsmith had 14.5 sacks while Watt missed 7 games to injury.  When both guys are healthy that's a tough tandem to figure out who are you going to send additional blockers at all game.  Even worse, Wills is the exception to the rule about Left Tackles.  Alex Highsmith beat him for a strip sack from the blind side that Pitt scored on Cleveland with. We don't have both edges threatening opponents like that just yet - just Myles... Can you imagine if Myles missed 7 games to injury what his critics and trolls would be saying?  Truth is he played the 2nd half of 2023 with an injured shoulder.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nickers said:

😂

Awww poor Dutch gurl got his/her clit caught in his/her pants zipper again...

Have you ever been near a clit?

I'm seriously asking... THIS doesn't look like someone who has. 

But hey, there's potential good news for you nickers - if you go out to Vegas and have a cigar with Ghoolie, well, then you can say you were real close to a ball-less twat. 

Close enough.

Nickclipse(1).jpg.adb54b079e7c3a5b1289f954d00c2efe.jpg.309d21ac16726d0882362488907d8722.jpg

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Again, you guys are a simpletons. You read something, you are told something, and you have no other thought process other than to believe it must be true.

Dude, I am my own man. I have my own thoughts. Those who vote these things are low-IQ simpletons who belong to a clique and are told ahead of time how to vote and what to think.

To YOU, THE DPOY award is impressive. It means less than the dog shit I occasionally step in, to me. In has absolutely no value.

Garrett didn't show up for 6 games last year. Listening to him and you guys who fellate him, you honestly believe that he is the only DE that gets held or double teamed.

Oh, poor Zumba man, the refs don't call holding on him.

Film man Tiamat has the films. Go watch the Houston embarrassment. The guy blocking Garett manhandled him, put a choker collar on him and walking him around and behind the play all day long.

STFU with DPOY, DPOY, DPOY.....address the issue. Why does the guy not show up 6.times every year.

Mild Garrett. DPOY.....Defensive pussy.of the year.

When is the last time he flat laid someone out?  The fucking guy is afraid to hit.

hey Ghoul it is not 1970 any longer

edit: I see your little bitch  liked

On 5/23/2024 at 2:32 PM, Flugel said:

I wanted Arrington

He didn't want Cleveland to draft him.  He came right out and said that Cleveland should draft Courtney Brown.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Which is why the sane world voted him MVDPOTY.🤫

Speaking of sane - how does a thread with a purpose to discuss "Stefanski Stepping Aside, Allowing Dorsey to Transform the Offense"  end being exclusively about "Mild Garrett. DPOY.....Defensive pussy of the year. The fucking guy is afraid to hit...???"

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

He didn't want Cleveland to draft him.  He came right out and said that Cleveland should draft Courtney Brown.  

True. Like you - I remember it well. 

The 1st thing I thought of back then was another guy from PA named Jim Kelly. I lived in Western, NY (Rochester) when Kelly said he didn't want to come to Buffalo and play for the Bills.  Not only did he have a HOF career in Buffalo; but he still lives there because he never wants to leave.  

I wanted Arrington if we were going to draft defense 1st or LT Chris Samuels if we were going to draft offense 1st.  Washington drafted Arrington 2nd and Samuels 3rd. Chris Samuels played 9 years and made 6 Pro Bowls. Arrington had 3 good seasons (his 2nd, 3rd and 4th season) earning 2 or 3 Pro Bowls in his 6 years with Washington. Much of the drop off came from injury he never fully recovered from.  He ended his career playing 1 season with the NY Giants.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Orion said:

Courtney Browns constant injuries killed him.. I thought he was good when he wasn't hurt... But like with any pick.. Its a crap shoot...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Speaking of sane - how does a thread with a purpose to discuss "Stefanski Stepping Aside, Allowing Dorsey to Transform the Offense"  end being exclusively about "Mild Garrett. DPOY.....Defensive pussy of the year. The fucking guy is afraid to hit...???"

Because someone doesn't get enough attention in his life is my guess, so he trolls for it here, until he gets his ass handed to him, then he plays the victim and gaslights with nonsense like "no one posts here anymore because of insults and whatnot but that's not what I do its just my alter-ego", a few lowest common denominator posters like post, rinse, and repeat.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because someone doesn't get enough attention in his life is my guess, so he trolls for it here, until he gets his ass handed to him, then he plays the victim and gaslights with nonsense like "no one posts here anymore because of insults and whatnot but that's not what I do its just my alter-ego", a few lowest common denominator posters like post, rinse, and repeat.

He's got multiple personalities so I like to reward his timid kinder gentler personality that gets bullied by his mean, meaner, meanest and officially meanest personalities until his next visit to Nurse Ratchid.  

I got a kick out of Ghoolie mentioning Stan/Atenears asked him to find out from people that left the board what drove them away.  First, the reason he never befriended Ghoolie until the last couple years of his life was because of what a pain in Stan's ass he was on the message board.  He'd be the last guy Stan would ask about researching the disappointment in retention rates.  Having said that, someone DID research a lot of this and do you know what started as a result of it all?  They quarantined Ghoolie to starting only 1 thread a week and participating only in that thread on another forum where they have high school football, Ohio State, the Barber shop, etc.   @Zombohad to put Ghoolie in a cyber kennel.  That should shed some light on what a pain in the ass he was for those in charge of making sure the board doesn't go down with the troll trying to sink it.

The only guy that annoyed Stan more than Ghoolie was a guy that was addicted to tattling almost weekly that he referred to on the phone as Tattle Cal.  Interestingly enough, that same guy is now Ghoolie's biggest fan.  And why?  He wants the Browns to lose as much as Ghoolie does; because that means more attention for him and his agenda today. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

They quarantined Ghoolie to starting only 1 thread a week

I almost forgot about that. Good times were had by all, Except for one, nickers, He was distraught in a state of despair(that his hero was  gone) and for a second there I almost felt sorry for him.

• Haha 1