THE BROWNS BOARD

Big stretch of games...one down

ballpeen

Yesterday was the beginning of an important stretch.

Sure, winning the division is the goal, but it may be a bit of a stretch to do that at this point.

However, the wildcard isn't out of the question(sure, we have to win) and many of the teams that might project as wildcard contenders are on the schedule...J-ville, Denver, Buffalo, Indy...Ravens next week.

All of these games have the potential to be important in tie-breaker situations.

So, yes we have to win to get there, but it is stacking up in a way that some of these wins we need will, or could, be against the teams we might be tied with in the end, giving us a big edge.

Go Browns!

Yesterday was the beginning of an important stretch.

Sure, winning the division is the goal, but it may be a bit of a stretch to do that at this point.

However, the wildcard isn't out of the question(sure, we have to win) and many of the teams that might project as wildcard contenders are on the schedule...J-ville, Denver, Buffalo, Indy...Ravens next week.

All of these games have the potential to be important in tie-breaker situations.

So, yes we have to win to get there, but it is stacking up in a way that some of these wins we need will, or could, be against the teams we might be tied with in the end, giving us a big edge.

Go Browns!

I totally agree!!! The Browns win next week vs Baltimore and we are back to .500 and in the hunt. Denver is 1-3 over their last 4 and have the second worst pass defense in the league...and their rush defense isn't much better. With Buffalo losing to Miami...they aren't looking like world beaters either. Then on to Houston who has beaten up on Detroit and Houston...but otherwise looked pretty bad. And with Indy looking pretty beatable and Cinci still on our schedule...we shoud be in pretty good shape to vie for the wildcard (depending on how Pitt handles their near future, we may even have sights on them).

Heck, the division title isn't out of reach yet but I think the next 3 games are key though.

Cleveland has Baltimore (H), Denver (H-Thurs.) and Buffalo (A).

Pittsburgh has Washington (A-Mon.), Indianapolis (H) and San Diego (H).

Baltimore has Cleveland (A), Houston (A) and Giants (A).

Baltimore has Cleveland (A), Bye and Giants (A).

Because of the hurricane, I believe Baltimore's bye week is gone and they'll be playing at Houston that week.

I believe you are correct sir, I was looking at the schedule I have from the beginning of the year. I shall correct my previous post.

Archived