THE BROWNS BOARD

Have to put this on the defensive coaches...Rac included

Solon16

How can you passrush 3 325 pounders and 1 LB all-nite, when the Broncos were down to their 5th string running back/fullback.....you know they are gonna pass all-night....I agree with the steelers schmuck that Rushing Rogers and the other two 325+ guys is completely mind boggling to me. To let Cutler have 7 seconds to throw every play is cutting the legs from out of the defensive backfield. For as bad as they played in the secondary...I put the blame on not pressuring Cutler at all. 325+ pound guys are great against the run....you need another option when the opponent has no rushing attack to speak of...zero game-time adaptation or adjustment to the situation... as previously stated...the big heavies were gassed! Zero blitzes up the middle either!

Guest Masters

There were blitzes up the middle. The Davis one talked about in another thread is one example. What I want to know is how so many guys (Davis, Willie, Smith, C. Williams) can miss so potential sacks with piss poor tackling. Why the hell do they have to be "Tough guys" and try to make a big hit. Just tackle the dude.

No disapline on this team. Zero.

Apparently you didn't see Willies attempt at pass coverage in the 4th quarter. Maybe he assumed the safety would come down and help? Maybe the safety assumed Willie would at least attempt to cover him.

Guest Masters
you know I've never been an AD fan....I want to see what beau bell can do right now...dumb or not I want to see him play. I agree we have sucked at tackling...willie was lone bright spot tho....1 game in 8

On Willie, yesterday was just good and bad with him. Made some great plays sealing off the back side on runs. But that missed sack by him just made me ill. Of course when he is the LB the last several weeks consistantly getting pressure on the QB, the D has problems big time.

Damn right!

Wasn't big RAC supposed to be a defensive mastermind?

So what the f..k is he doing in Cleveland?

I don't know if it was better Grantham always playing the prevent or this shit we've been watching in the last games?

Had we not have Rogers we'de be dead last in all categories.

I'm speechless...

So seriously what the hell needs to happen for the tub of lard masquerading as our head coach to get fired? After watching yet another stupefying & putrid performance last night, I see El Fatass talking in the post-games about how the team made too many mental errors, wasn't properly focused, missed tackles, etc etc.

Well, what the hell were you hired for?!!!

The WHOLE reason you're a head coach in this league is b/c you're supposed to be some kind of "defensive guru." Yet the Browns D has only gotten WORSE EVERY YEAR you've been head coach!!!

EVERY single game it seems like the team is uninspired, unprepared, makes stupid careless mental errors. How is that not the coaching? How does that not become the responsibility of the head coach?

I hope the team goes 6-10 (which is pretty likely, unfortunately) just so he can get fired & we can hopefully get someone who's actually competent at their job to take control.

the defensive play comes back to the same reason it took so long to bench DA, fear of risk. standard browns formula. once we took a lead our defense switched to a low rush preventish type defense. they wanted to try and protect the lead instead of extending it. whenever we get ahead we drop back in coverage and lessen the blitz and rush. its been like this for years

Without a RB to to worry about, why did we keep 2 ILBs in the game and 2 rush LBs most of the time when none can cover a TE. Also, if we don't have to worry about the run, then why did we keep 3 big DTs in the game.

Common sense would be to remove one DT and bring in another LB or 3rd safety or corner. If you don't have to worry about the run aren't LBs better pass rushers then the 300+ DTs.

When RAC was with NE he used to play a 2-5 defense and blitz from that set. But, maybe to do that you have to have DBs that can cover. At the veryleast, a safety that can cover a limping TE.

The whole defensive scheme of rushing 3 DTs and dropping 4 slow LBs into coverage just doesn't make sense.

Could be the reason why I wish we would change to a 4-3.

Archived