THE BROWNS BOARD

Why don't we run the wildcat offense with Cribbs?

82OZZIE82

Cribbs aint a reciever,he is a great ST player and im tired of the Cribbs experiment,he fools nobody but us.

Get him off the offense and let him field punts and kickoffs and knock the snot out of people on coverage period end of story.

I agree. I was all for trying Cribbs out on offense, or defense for that matter, but it's apparent he just isn't going to be the WR we all thought he could be.

I agree. I was all for trying Cribbs out on offense, or defense for that matter, but it's apparent he just isn't going to be the WR we all thought he could be.

Mack isn't cutting it either after his 1st two starts at his position, time to give up on that experiment too. Quinn has had several starts and that certainly isn't working. Mangini has had two shots to get it done and that hasn't happened, time to send him packing. :blink:

Mack isn't cutting it either after his 1st two starts at his position, time to give up on that experiment too. Quinn has had several starts and that certainly isn't working. Mangini has had two shots to get it done and that hasn't happened, time to send him packing. :blink:

Don't start with that BS.

So if Cribbs was the destined #2 WR all along then why did we waste 2 picks on WR?

Why have two 2nd round guys, that might contribute right away, sit the bench because you hope he will develop into your #2?

Don't start with that BS.

So if Cribbs was the destined #2 WR all along then why did we waste 2 picks on WR?

Why have two 2nd round guys, that might contribute right away, sit the bench because you hope he will develop into your #2?

I would guess that Mangini had no idea what he had in Cribbs, and may still not know. I am just saying Cribbs has not had a fair shot at the position yet, i'm not saying he is a legitimate #2.

If we bench everyone on offense that hasn't produced through 2 games we'd have to sit 9 guys.

I have said this before, you can use him from time to time on defense, have him line up across a receiver and come on a blitz or line him up at safety and have him come on a safety blitz. It would confuse the offense and I am pretty sure you can't screw up running straight at the QB :) With his explosiveness I am sure he can get some sacks for us.

My issue with this is why Cribbs? We have two dozen other guys on the team that can come in and blitz from the corner that would make just as much sense as Cribbs. We need to just accept that Josh is just an excellent special teams guy and that is it.

Really?

Mack plays Center. Of course he isn't going to walk right in and start pushing guys around. That "experiment" needs to continue. Remember, we had Shaun O'Hara and Jeff Faine and they both "sucked" here and now, one has a ring and the other has a pro bowl or two. The center position requires TONS of real life reps so the Mack experiment is long from over.

It has been well documented that I hate how Quinn plays but that experiment must run it's coarse as well. And Cribbs, I was dead set against that from the start. But I think they want him in there a lot so when they want to run a trick play, his presence alone won't tip the defense. Which I don't agree with either buy hey, I'm not the coach.

And Mangini, he better get 5 years to do this because I will not go through another regime change. I will gladly follow the Titans and Giants if we go through that again anytime soon. Fans want a team identity but that will NEVER happen when you change coaches every two or three years. NEVER.

If I were the coach his amin jobs would be returning kicks, punts, and being the gunner on kickoff coverage about 95% of the time. I would not use him as a reciever,I would not use him at RB, I would use him a little in the WildDawg, and I would use him as a situational pass rusher(Not all the time). Something tells me that he would be good at getting pressure on the QB. It's just something about seeing fly down the field on special teams and make a great tackle that makes me want to see him flying in the backfield to get a sack. I would not use him in coverage unless it was a prevent.

That's just not practical. If he lines up as a DB they are going to either beat him, or they know he's coming and they slide protection over there and it's a wasted body on the field. It's just not practical to try and get him involved everywhere. I absoluteley love the guy but throwing him just to see him play doesn't make much sense to me. I only want to see him on special teams and maybe an end-around run/pass option two or three times a year. He should however, be the highest paid special teams guy in the league.

Really?

Mack plays Center. Of course he isn't going to walk right in and start pushing guys around. That "experiment" needs to continue. Remember, we had Shaun O'Hara and Jeff Faine and they both "sucked" here and now, one has a ring and the other has a pro bowl or two. The center position requires TONS of real life reps so the Mack experiment is long from over.

It has been well documented that I hate how Quinn plays but that experiment must run it's coarse as well. And Cribbs, I was dead set against that from the start. But I think they want him in there a lot so when they want to run a trick play, his presence alone won't tip the defense. Which I don't agree with either buy hey, I'm not the coach.

And Mangini, he better get 5 years to do this because I will not go through another regime change. I will gladly follow the Titans and Giants if we go through that again anytime soon. Fans want a team identity but that will NEVER happen when you change coaches every two or three years. NEVER.

I agree for the most part with Mack, Quinn and Mangini, although Mangini has to show some success before 5 years with how this league is operated now. My point was giving up on Cribbs after 2 starts.

Unless you are just "that type of fan" you will never give up on the Browns. If you just want to root for a winner, you can do that now, why put yourself through the torture... but I would be among many who would have no respect for your fandom.

Gotta admit, watching Miami Monday night was pretty cool, even though they lost...

There's quite a difference in Miami's WildDawg compared to every other team in the NFL. Most notably, the speed and strength of Brown and Williams. They are both 230 pounds with NFL caliber speed. They can pound it and drag defenders for extra yardage...and/or break it wide open.

Another thing is the decision making of Brown. He seems to make the right call most of the time. The WildDawg is (usually) a triple option play. Brown can take it himself, give it to Ricky, or hand it off to the motion man on an end around. It's a snap judgment and the right call has to be made.

Cribbs may be one hell of an athlete with QB experience at the college level, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is a good fit for the WildDawg/Flash in the pros.

-Al

Archived