THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini WTF?

osusev

BQ is NOT a NFL caliber qb... his noodle arm limits him to dink and dunk type offense..... BUT in the second half against the RAVENS defense..... you bench Quinn and put in a guy who is notorious for being streaky ..... REALLY?

DA has not been working with the first team now for basically a month and getting the snaps... He is not the type of guy to throw in against the Ravens......

BY benching BQ you completely destroy his sense of stability and the offense in general with who the QB is.... IN the middle of the game in the third week against one of the premier teams and defenses?

WTF....

I applaude him for not throwing the season away but you dont do BQ or DA ANY justice doing what he did in a game we were going to clearly lose anyways......

WTF.... and DAboll WTF.... you just keep calling more and more pass plays instead of getting DA and our offense into a balanced rythm.....

This coaching staff reacted horribly today..... but than again so did our entire team... Braylon on a bright note did catch balls and no drops....

Ok, but think about the core of this team. Stop with the exceptions......this is a horrible team that has been built that way. Mangini (who may be a terrible coach) took over a team that was void of talent.

What was amazing about last year was, they were much worse than their final record. The amount of TO's they got in the redzone to stop opponents drives was ABSURD. It made them look better than they really are and led to the biggest fluke in the NFL in the last 10 years(against the Giants, which they made worse by playing man against DA).

I'm sure this has something to do with it. From ESPN:

"Last week, Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini addressed fining one of his players $1,701 for not paying the hotel bill for a $3 bottle of water. Now, some of Mangini's players are addressing the fines in their own way.

To protest Mangini's fines against players, two grievances already have been filed with the NFL Players Association, said a league source, and three more are in the process of being filed now on behalf of Browns players.

All together, at least five grievances will be filed within the next 24-48 hours, and one NFLPA source predicted more could be coming.

Mangini has fined players for such offenses as not paying their hotel bills, players parking in the wrong spots, and having their cell phones go off in meetings. Mangini is trying to deploy structure and discipline to the Browns, just as he did in New York with the Jets, where he also encountered similar circumstances.

An NFLPA source said multiple Jets filed grievances against Mangini, but Mangini has said he won each of those grievances.

In the beginning of the season, Mangini passed out rules to the players of what they can and can't do and each of the fines he has imposed is for something that players were warned they couldn't do. It is why the organization believes it will prevail in their grievances and why what they are doing is necessary to get the organization operating in a proper and efficient manner."

I'm thinking about filing a grievance with the league for having to watch that shit today.

I applaude him for not throwing the season away but you dont do BQ or DA ANY justice doing what he did in a game we were going to clearly lose anyways......

I agree. He needed to wait until next week.

It allows Quinn to take him lumps off camera and allow DA to have the game rather than be in a mop up situation where the D knows he is in there to throw.

The move wasn't bad, but the timing was.

MY wife who is as football challenged as they come was like" what the hell are they doing? they are going to lose anyways that guy who makes the decisions just destroyed that kids self esteem" Meaning quinn.

In my slightly inebriated state I looked at her confused that she actually was watching the game to even notice....

either way DA was in no position to start slinging the ball nonstop against the Ravens when they know it..... good god... that was mortifying to watch the train run into the wall.... The shots of Brady were even worse..... the kid gets yanked mid game just screams NO one has any stability....... and desperation.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh on Mangini... I mean besides determining that the team was better off with Quinn and Anderson rather than Mark Sanchez, and aside from the fact that he just trashed the confidence of both QBs and besides the fact that he's quickly amassed a long list of players in the locker room who can't stand him given his stupid fines, posturing, and needless bus trips to Hartford and the fact that free agents won't play for Mangini if they paid them double what other teams offer and aside from the fact that his kicker is sitting out the game in protest of his contract, what has Mangini done that's been so bad?

OK... maybe you have a point. Jim Zorn should be available soon. I'm sure Randy Lerner's prepared to make a quick lucrative offer so he doesn't "get away" like he did with Mangini when he was fired.

MY wife who is as football challenged as they come was like" what the hell are they doing? they are going to lose anyways that guy who makes the decisions just destroyed that kids self esteem" Meaning quinn.

In my slightly inebriated state I looked at her confused that she actually was watching the game to even notice....

either way DA was in no position to start slinging the ball nonstop against the Ravens when they know it..... good god... that was mortifying to watch the train run into the wall.... The shots of Brady were even worse..... the kid gets yanked mid game just screams NO one has any stability....... and desperation.

I agree....but really, that guy needs a haircut...is he going for the Nick Nolte look?

Guy looks like a Gomer with that Lancelot hair style.

I guess it's just proof that the switch never should have happened.

And proof that QB is not were we should be laying all the blame in the first place. Some think it made Quinn and Anderson look bad, but I argue that we finally see the proof that the team is bad regardless of who you place at QB.

When you show the whole fan base that it's not a QB's fault, then who else does the blame fall on?

I agree. He needed to wait until next week.

It allows Quinn to take him lumps off camera and allow DA to have the game rather than be in a mop up situation where the D knows he is in there to throw.

The move wasn't bad, but the timing was.

It's threads like this that make me believe we DESERVE this kind of play and coaching.

no thats not it legacy, you are just transferring your college football frustration from watching ND barely compete against the bottom of the big ten.... lmao

Wait maybe we should hire Charlie Weis as our next head coach... lol

I think he owed the fans and the rest of the players a change at QB. If one guy is having a bad game at RT wouldn't you sub for him? If a running back is having a bad game wouldn't you sub for him?

No. St Clair got DESTROYED last week and they didn't even give him HELP, much less replace him.

Oh the irony of this post is soooo delicious.

Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....

It has been well documented that I am pro DA anti BQ but even I thought it was a bad idea. The game was lost. Why not let Quinn ride it out? ALso, it looks as if Quinn is done and even I think its too soon. You need to make ansolutely sure before you end his career.

Mangini was asked about the change and he said something like "it was a locker room decision". Does that mean the players revolted?

Also, although I don't agree with Mangini's decision today, I do trust him as a coach. He probably has a good reason for it that he will never tell us. MAybe that 1st and 10 QB sneak was Brady's ad-lib and Mangini said "uh-uh homey" and realled in the leash.

Archived