THE BROWNS BOARD

its starting

thedawgs

Speculation commences that Mangini won't make it to January

Posted by Mike Florio on September 27, 2009 7:59 PM ET

Last year, Browns owner Randy Lerner fired coach Romeo Crennel and G.M. Phil Savage, only a year after giving each of them contract extensions.

Now, with the Browns at 0-3 and coach Eric Mangini in the eye of a storm of criticism and grievances, some league insiders openly are expressing concern that Mangini won't make it through the end of the season.

If so, Mangini possibly would be the only head coach fired by two different NFL teams in less than a year.

Butch Davis resigned after 11 games in 2000. In all, the Browns have had five head coaches (permanent and interim) in the decade since they have returned to the league.

LMAO!!!

You gotta admit! Only in Cleveland! At least we can claim that!

So let's start the coaching argument. We need to decide who we want. We need to make a decision so we can present our demands to Lerner. Anything less will be unacceptable.

If our demands aren't met, someone's getting an icy bucket of water!! Spread the word. :angry:

Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....

I like to think so, but I'm not sure he has that much time and that, is sad.

More Media BS. THEY hate this guy and will try to create an environment that forces Lerner to fire Mangini.

This team has putrid personnel. Putrid. Other coaches wouldn't take the job because of the unthinkable incompetence of Savage and how it has manifested. No talent and no room under the cap to make any meaningful additions.

It will take three years of really good drafting and smart FA moves just to restock this team to the point where it has a competitive roster.

Sit Quinn and take 4 million of the dollars for his $11 incentive bonus to lure the best scouts over here and to do what it takes to hire Hudson Houck to coach our O-line. We'll be drafting at the top for at least two years and we can't afford mistakes.

Trade Quinn next year to wherever Weiss gets hired as an O-coordinator.

Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....

Thats exactly the problem i have. He has a great resume for building that team, but at the same time it seems like his coaching leaves much to be desired. Hopefully things start clicking soon cause we need to have a coach for years to set up his system and build the team. If we have a revolving door policy with coaches thats going to keep this team from getting an identity and actually getting better. If i work for a new boss every couple years its gonna be hard to really get in a rythm ya know? It seems like a better idea to have the coach almost above the GM though because then the coach can get the players he wants to build around unlike savage/RAC.

Excellent its better to end it now before every browns fan stops supporting the nfl in general the city of cleveland has a real case against lerner and the nfl the city is stupid if it doesnt act in the interest of the citizens who paid dearly in debt to keep the colors and have recieved nothing but pain and hardship for their love of this team...

What the browns and fans need is a coach like rex ryan but im afraid lerner doesnt like those rowdy big mouth rude kinda coaches that tell it how it is...as long as lerner owns this team we will never have real football or an adequate coaching staff...where did mangini fail?

He didnt bring 53 new faces to the roster only 22 which have unstabilzed the team instead of making it better...he has failed to do what was needed to at least prop this team up until he could rebuild it instead he gave us the exact crap schemes and sorry ass WR in BE that we have had for 4 years this fanbase has been patient but the honeymoon is over upon dumping this load of crap in our laps man i feel for those who squandered money on a season ticket of this misery and mangini is also a lying conniving anti fan pos..who has 0 intelligence he cant even act smart..

Mangini should resign because he is going to get fired after lerner is forced to sell the team..

Speculation commences that Mangini won't make it to January

Posted by Mike Florio on September 27, 2009 7:59 PM ET

Last year, Browns owner Randy Lerner fired coach Romeo Crennel and G.M. Phil Savage, only a year after giving each of them contract extensions.

Now, with the Browns at 0-3 and coach Eric Mangini in the eye of a storm of criticism and grievances, some league insiders openly are expressing concern that Mangini won't make it through the end of the season.

If so, Mangini possibly would be the only head coach fired by two different NFL teams in less than a year.

Butch Davis resigned after 11 games in 2000. In all, the Browns have had five head coaches (permanent and interim) in the decade since they have returned to the league.

Great way to build stability. Mangini totally mishandled the QB situation, brought in a bunch of NY Jets retreads, won't play the guys he hand picked- (MoMass and Robiski). Has shown zero creativity on offense and defense, and has gotten himself totally outcoached in the fourth quarter.

Right now this team is an utter disaster area. But it can't be any worse than the Bungles when Marvin Lewis took over. I'm ambivalent if this is all the coach's fault or a total lack of talent to coach.

With Davis playing WELL in a 3-4 in Denver it goes to show how useless that Patriot 3-4 d is for us.

We need to run an attacking defense, 4-3 or 3-4 I don't give a damn I just want to see some helmets launch into the air and people BEG not to get hit when they play us.

I'm tired of BB's "disciples" coming in here and keeping the same boring crap that's getting us killed season after season.

That coaching tree needs burnt down to the ground.

You ever notice every time I hear "Simplify the offense" we just look worse and defenses key in on us that much faster? For god's sake open up the damn playbook and make it look a little less like a one sided high school game.

People need to ask themselves a legit question. Who would win if Mangini's Browns played RAC's Browns of last year.

I honestly believe RAC's Browns would win, and that speaks volumes.

I'm thinking RAC's Browns of games 1-8 would beat this year's Browns of games 1-3... but I don't think it says volumes. It says coaching change. Sometimes a coach comes in and breathes new fire into a team right off the bat, but that isn't common. My guess is the Browns will look better come games 11-16 than they did last season, 'til then they might have a rough go of it.

Archived