THE BROWNS BOARD

Randy Lerner: Read this.....

lodilobo

Mr. Lerner....after agonizing for some time over the huge problem that we face with our football team, I believe I have found the solution. I know that you prefer to remain a silent owner, and probably have no desire to sell the team. Also, you recently hired a new head coach and general manager, who may or may not be the answer. I'm certain at this point, you are as frustrated as we fans, and are open for suggestions. Well...here it is: pick up the phone, give Bernie Kosar a call, and offer him the position of Vice President with immediate and complete authority directly over all football operations. I guarantee he would take the position, and you wouldn't have the undesirable task of replacing yet another head coach and/ or general manager. There is probably no better individual to take on the huge challenge of bringing this organization back to respectability. The public relations benefits would be huge, and there would be no need to immediately fire the coach and/or general manager, as all important decisions regarding the team would revert to the V.P. Of course, there may be some friction between the principles involved, but if things become too uncomfortable for the HC or GM, well, they would be welcome to resign, and could be replaced. Initially, there may be an increase in payroll, but the returns would be worth it. As a business man, this would be the wisest investment you could ever make. Sincerely, a Browns' fan.

Mr. Lerner....after agonizing for some time over the huge problem that we face with our football team, I believe I have found the solution. I know that you prefer to remain a silent owner, and probably have no desire to sell the team. Also, you recently hired a new head coach and general manager, who may or may not be the answer. I'm certain at this point, you are as frustrated as we fans, and are open for suggestions. Well...here it is: pick up the phone, give Bernie Kosar a call, and offer him the position of Vice President with immediate and complete authority directly over all football operations. I guarantee he would take the position, and you wouldn't have the undesirable task of replacing yet another head coach and/ or general manager. There is probably no better individual to take on the huge challenge of bringing this organization back to respectability. The public relations benefits would be huge, and there would be no need to immediately fire the coach and/or general manager, as all important decisions regarding the team would revert to the V.P. Of course, there may be some friction between the principles involved, but if things become too uncomfortable for the HC or GM, well, they would be welcome to resign, and could be replaced. Initially, there may be an increase in payroll, but the returns would be worth it. As a business man, this would be the wisest investment you could ever make. Sincerely, a Browns' fan.

OMG!!!!!!!

i really doubt lerner cares what you have to say. He is probably eating a $125 steak for lunch right now, watching the best sport on earth.

He will worry about the browns next sunday afternoon.

You're probably right.....but if the owner doesn't give a crap about what a fan says, it's time to sell the team.

its a business to him. He probably doesn't really care if we win or lose, as long as tickets are selling and merchandise is coming off the shelfs.

We've been bad for HOW LONG now? Stadium still sells excellent, lets of Browns T's & Hoodies being bought everyday.

Life is good for Lerner. The winning part is why he hired a coach & GM.

I'll continue to say it until I'm blue in the face or until it comes true. Lerner is the problem. Plain and simple. It's not Mangini or Kokinis. It's not their fault they interviewed for a job and got it. It's the guy that HIRES them that is the problem. And Lerner can't make a hiring decision for the life of him. He learned from his old man who made a great deal of wealth through taking advantage of idiots that can't manage their incomes and pay ridiculous interest in credit card debt. They also focused on luring in the college students by signing up everyone on a college campus and extending them a credit line. Basically, they vultured on the young and the stupid.

In the NFL, other owners aren't young and stupid (except for maybe a few....hello Mr. Snyder!)

Just look at what has happened since 1999:

They allowed the NFL to award a franchise here with a timeframe that did not allow a proper organization to be set in place before the supplemental and rookie draft. Chris Palmer was hung out to dry and made personnel decisions without any help. Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark? Really? My 3 year-old can pick better players than Clark. And Policy was nothing more than a recognizable name that Lerner abused.

Bring in Butchie - the 'savior', to whom they gave sole control of football operations. A college coach. Full control. Great hire.

When Al got sick, they sold their soul by overpaying and bringing in any player that would listen to make a run at the playoffs for Alfred before he passed. Unfortunately, he passed during the season and to their credit, they did make the playoffs. Only to lose one of the worst losses in franchise history.

So then Randy takes over, extends Butch's contract and then has people chirping in his ear about what to do and dumps Butchie to instead get Romeo and Philbert. Romeo, who was our DC a couple of years before when our D was atrocious was the right man for the job? And Philly, who is nothing more than a whiny college scout is running the football ops?

Then you have a blowout between Phil and the Team Prez Collins. Phil gets him fired and takes over full control. The Browns organization and ownership begins to show clearly how dysfunctional it is and demonstrates that Randy has no balls and is easily persuaded by whoever is currently in his ear.

It's clear at that point that Romeo is not a head coach. He was one of the worst game-day coaches in the league who couldn't call a proper timeout or manage a game for the life of him. But Lerner decides to give him one last try. Why - I don't know. They get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle to go 10-6. Everyone is on the bandwagon and all is good, except for those of us that knew in the back of our minds that Romeo wasn't the guy.

A year later, after extending the contracts of Philbert and Romeo to prove his business aptitude again, Randy fires them. Wow - if only I could work for this chump.

Scott Pioli was the clear identified answer. He has a proven background to be able to rebuild this organization. Hand the keys over Randy - just as you so clearly want to do. You want to be a 'silent owner', which means you want to take the easy way out and pay for someone to do what you cannot. Just like your whole life. So there he is: Scott Pioli. A marriage couldn't have ever been matched so well.

And he hires Mangini just days after he was let go from the Jets.

Why? Why? Why? Because yet again the moron let's someone get in his ear and buys a bill of goods. I'm telling you, this is the idiot America that Ted Turner always talks about. The kind of person that buys swampland in Florida. He interviews Mangini and from that interview decides that this is THE GUY.

Yep - go with the clown that was run out of town instead of going with the clear and obvious best choice to run your football ops. And then let the f'in coach pick his own GM! WOW! WHAT A GRRRRRRREAT IDEA! It must be why ALL teams do it that way! Oh.....they don't? Hmmmmmmm......I wonder why?

Lerner is a pushover and a follower. Ownership drives organizations to be good or bad, even when they are 'silent' owners. Look at New England. They were crap for years and years until Kraft took them over. Overnight they are the model franchise. Same with the Eagles. Teams that are CONSISTENTLY good have solid ownership. Teams that are CONSISTENTLY BAD have bad owners. Mike Brown's bungles. Dan Snyders's pitiful Redskins. The Ford's Lions. Every once in a while a Bidwell will get a good team, but that will change and the Cards will be crap again soon.

CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP TO CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THE ORGANIZATION. Nothing else will do.

i really doubt lerner cares what you have to say. He is probably eating a $125 steak for lunch right now, watching the best sport on earth.

He will worry about the browns next sunday afternoon.

He's probably going down on Romeo Crennel right now. He was thinking Arby's right as Romeo was shitting some out.

Dear Mr Lerner,

Please sell the team to someone who isnt camera shy who is honest and is a huge browns fan and hasnt made a fortune as a bottomfeeder bleeding people dry...some people arent worthy or capable of being an nfl owner especially of a team like the browns and you sir are one of them...

Thanks for not listening you soccer loving prick...

No - have him read this

Ohio.com - Mangini's mess worse than last season

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/62243297.html

"Anderson took over in the second half and threw a poor interception, then guided a drive that ended at the Ravens' 12-yard line.

Coach Eric Mangini chose to kick a field goal, down 27-0. Shades of the outcry when Romeo Crennel kicked a field goal in the opener a year ago against Dallas, down 28-7.

Mangini used this reasoning for the decision: There were 10 or 12 minutes left, and three touchdowns and three 2-point conversions ties the game.

He forgot to mention the part about monkeys flying in from Oz to carry away Ray Lewis. "

I'll continue to say it until I'm blue in the face or until it comes true. Lerner is the problem. Plain and simple. It's not Mangini or Kokinis. It's not their fault they interviewed for a job and got it. It's the guy that HIRES them that is the problem. And Lerner can't make a hiring decision for the life of him. He learned from his old man who made a great deal of wealth through taking advantage of idiots that can't manage their incomes and pay ridiculous interest in credit card debt. They also focused on luring in the college students by signing up everyone on a college campus and extending them a credit line. Basically, they vultured on the young and the stupid.

In the NFL, other owners aren't young and stupid (except for maybe a few....hello Mr. Snyder!)

Just look at what has happened since 1999:

They allowed the NFL to award a franchise here with a timeframe that did not allow a proper organization to be set in place before the supplemental and rookie draft. Chris Palmer was hung out to dry and made personnel decisions without any help. Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark? Really? My 3 year-old can pick better players than Clark. And Policy was nothing more than a recognizable name that Lerner abused.

Bring in Butchie - the 'savior', to whom they gave sole control of football operations. A college coach. Full control. Great hire.

When Al got sick, they sold their soul by overpaying and bringing in any player that would listen to make a run at the playoffs for Alfred before he passed. Unfortunately, he passed during the season and to their credit, they did make the playoffs. Only to lose one of the worst losses in franchise history.

So then Randy takes over, extends Butch's contract and then has people chirping in his ear about what to do and dumps Butchie to instead get Romeo and Philbert. Romeo, who was our DC a couple of years before when our D was atrocious was the right man for the job? And Philly, who is nothing more than a whiny college scout is running the football ops?

Then you have a blowout between Phil and the Team Prez Collins. Phil gets him fired and takes over full control. The Browns organization and ownership begins to show clearly how dysfunctional it is and demonstrates that Randy has no balls and is easily persuaded by whoever is currently in his ear.

It's clear at that point that Romeo is not a head coach. He was one of the worst game-day coaches in the league who couldn't call a proper timeout or manage a game for the life of him. But Lerner decides to give him one last try. Why - I don't know. They get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle to go 10-6. Everyone is on the bandwagon and all is good, except for those of us that knew in the back of our minds that Romeo wasn't the guy.

A year later, after extending the contracts of Philbert and Romeo to prove his business aptitude again, Randy fires them. Wow - if only I could work for this chump.

Scott Pioli was the clear identified answer. He has a proven background to be able to rebuild this organization. Hand the keys over Randy - just as you so clearly want to do. You want to be a 'silent owner', which means you want to take the easy way out and pay for someone to do what you cannot. Just like your whole life. So there he is: Scott Pioli. A marriage couldn't have ever been matched so well.

And he hires Mangini just days after he was let go from the Jets.

Why? Why? Why? Because yet again the moron let's someone get in his ear and buys a bill of goods. I'm telling you, this is the idiot America that Ted Turner always talks about. The kind of person that buys swampland in Florida. He interviews Mangini and from that interview decides that this is THE GUY.

Yep - go with the clown that was run out of town instead of going with the clear and obvious best choice to run your football ops. And then let the f'in coach pick his own GM! WOW! WHAT A GRRRRRRREAT IDEA! It must be why ALL teams do it that way! Oh.....they don't? Hmmmmmmm......I wonder why?

Lerner is a pushover and a follower. Ownership drives organizations to be good or bad, even when they are 'silent' owners. Look at New England. They were crap for years and years until Kraft took them over. Overnight they are the model franchise. Same with the Eagles. Teams that are CONSISTENTLY good have solid ownership. Teams that are CONSISTENTLY BAD have bad owners. Mike Brown's bungles. Dan Snyders's pitiful Redskins. The Ford's Lions. Every once in a while a Bidwell will get a good team, but that will change and the Cards will be crap again soon.

CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP TO CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THE ORGANIZATION. Nothing else will do.

They should put you in charge of the organization.

Too few in the Cleveland media have been this honest - but they all know what you say is true.

You're probably right.....but if the owner doesn't give a crap about what a fan says, it's time to sell the team.

It's only time to sell the team when it is no longer profitable.

You don't have to care about the team any more than you need to care about companies in which you buy stock. As long as they provide returns your passion or dedication doesn't matter.

Lerner is the owner. While I understand your sentiment, I think it rather naive to think your letter, or some petition is somehow going to spur Lerner in to selling the team.

It's only time to sell the team when it is no longer profitable.

You don't have to care about the team any more than you need to care about companies in which you buy stock. As long as they provide returns your passion or dedication doesn't matter.

Lerner is the owner. While I understand your sentiment, I think it rather naive to think your letter, or some petition is somehow going to spur Lerner in to selling the team.

Naive - perhaps. But there needs to be some sentiment and groundswell to hammer it home to Randall that the fans are not happy. And when the fanbase begins to call for change it can spawn action. Hell, there have been rumors run before that he has petitioned potential bidders to see what the market value of his team is. When you go through this process, there is a basis for it.

There may, and let me emphasize MAY, be some truth to this and as much of a pushover as he is, he may be one that actually caves and sells the team. His personality is one that is one of a follower and who listens to those around.

Don't think that he doesn't know about petitions and websites that are popping up about him selling. And if there's a chance that it MAY change something....anything...then I'm on board. I think the worst thing we can do is put our collective heads in the sand and continue to "HOPE" that it will turn around.

Albert Einstein - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Kind of lends me to believe the Browns ownership group is insane, wouldn't you think?

• 1 month later...

Hey....maybe they do read the e-mails from the fans. I wrote this back in September, and e-mailed a copy to the Browns.

I'm not convinced Bernie Kosar is the answer. Don't get me wrong, I like Bernie, but I'm not sure he has the skills necessary to oversee the entire organization.

Archived