THE BROWNS BOARD

SellTheBrowns.com up and running

jsbeck

Hello! Ive been working ALL night trying to get up this new site.

Not trying to compete with the other official boards or blogs, just making a statement

http://SelltheBrowns.com

take a second to visit and register.

We are doing a reverse clothes drive!!

haha

get the details there.

thanks!

Go Browns

We need to be loud and vocal enough is enough...

I think its a stupid idea. We finally have an owner with deep pockets and is willing to spend it. He just does not know how to spend it the right way yet.

Why run a guy out of town who brought you back to the NFL?

Hard times are hard times, but why don't you petition the players?

Stupid idea guys, spend your time helping people in need instead of this crap. Hell, learn to bowl or something if you don't want to watch or root for the team.

Don't be haters :wacko:

I think its a stupid idea. We finally have an owner with deep pockets and is willing to spend it. He just does not know how to spend it the right way yet.

Stupid idea guys, spend your time helping people in need instead of this crap. Hell, learn to bowl or something if you don't want to watch or root for the team.

Hammer, I don't expect Lerner to cave into a website and sell the team. If, however, this creates some noise and causes him to pay a little more attention then it is BEYOND worth it. If the media pays attention and says here is a group of fans that aren't just going to sit back and take this BS... so be it. Maybe you have more money than I do. And good for you, I'm sure you earned it. Speaking only on my behalf, I'm not loaded. I can't make it rain like the players I pay to watch on the field. I can't even make it sprinkle right now! football is what I look forward to every weekend! It's my escape! This crap we're watching... makes me sick to think about. By Wednesday I'm thinking, "Oh God.... Sunday's coming.'

We do want to root for the Browns, that's the whole reason we're pissed off! It's not that this team has gone through some hard times, it's the fact that we took up residence there! We set up shop! We put out the welcome mat that reads WELCOME TO OUR HOME. FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND KICK OUR TEETH IN WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!! ... so it's a big mat. so what.

I think the problem is deeper than the players. You can say what you want about the players as far as their talent level is concerned but I will would be willing to bet you one thing is certain. They're as sick of this crap as we are. Yes, they have some responsibility in that matter but so does the coaching staff and front office AND OWNER.

They're tired of wondering who will be their qb. They're probably have migraines because of their choices to be quite honest. I bet half of them walk out of the huddle after the play call thinking "This dumbass play isn't going to work." Paid professionals are still human beings. They are as emotional as we are. They need motivated just like we do whether like to admit that or not. Regardless of talent level, they are all trying. No one wants to walk out of the tunnel on Sunday and look like an idiot... except us drunk shirtless fans. :)

We're not haters. We just want somebody in this frickin organization to act like they give a rats ass. Modell drove me nuts but you knew he cared. You knew he wanted to put a winner on the field. As far as I'm concerned, the NFL is a revenue source for Lerner and nothing more.

How often do you frequent a restaurant after you've had bad service and bad food? Never again right? We eat this crap week in, week out. Year in, year out.

If you want to sit back and say nothing while you're fed garbage, feel free my Browns brother. I'll eat, but I'm going to do it kicking and screaming.

My hats off to someone with the knowhow and motivation to not just bitch about this organization but to actually do something that at least allows them and others the opportunity to be heard. Sign me the F*** up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on - HE didn't bring them back, the provider of his silver spoon did. And I still question what invovlement he had in 'assisting' his 'friend' Art in moving the team in the first place.

It stunk back then and it stinks now.

I don't care how much cash he has, as Dan Snyder has proven - you can't buy a winner. Plus, there is no way a solid FA picks coming to Cleveland at this point unless we drastically overpay and kill the salary cap.

SELL THE TEAM.

Here is the problem, Lerner is a business man and I feel he views the Browns as an investment. I know to everyone on this board no one cares about the business part of the nfl but almost all of the owners do. If an owner wants to sell the team why would they do it when they are at one of the lowest selling points since they have owned the team. Look at the economy--that would knock a lot of buyers out of the running not to mention the performance of the team. Even if we could get a ton of fan support to show Lerner how dissatisfied we are I feel that would just give possible buyers even more leverage making the price fall even farther making a sell less likely. I'm as mad/disappointed as anyone on the board but I just don't see him selling the team even under pressure.

he might be rich, but he has NO idea how to run a team. he inherited it!!

you dont remember him saying he was going to do it right this time?? he was going to hire the prez and let THAT person hire the coach? then a week later he hires Mangini! MANGINI??!? GO AWAY LERNER

If you want to mod or blog, shoot me an email from the site!

WWW.SELLTHEBROWNS.COM

he might be rich, but he has NO idea how to run a team. he inherited it!!

you dont remember him saying he was going to do it right this time?? he was going to hire the prez and let THAT person hire the coach? then a week later he hires Mangini! MANGINI??!? GO AWAY LERNER

If you want to mod or blog, shoot me an email from the site!

WWW.SELLTHEBROWNS.COM

I sent a email to you.

Hmmm, "The LA Browns"...I don't like the sound of it, gonna pass, but thanks for the invite.

don't worry about that happening. it will be the oakland jaguars if anything. they are going to have all 8 home games blacked out. cleveland is still a very profitable town.

don't worry about that happening. it will be the oakland jaguars if anything. they are going to have all 8 home games blacked out. cleveland is still a very profitable town.

I wouldn't doubt it. Someones moving somewhere sometime soon though with the LA stadium completed. I'm just saying now may not be the right time to rock the boat. There's also my tendancy to always give a new regime at least two years to try and get something going, so overall I think this is jumping the gun.

I wouldn't doubt it. Someones moving somewhere sometime soon though with the LA stadium completed. I'm just saying now may not be the right time to rock the boat. There's also my tendancy to always give a new regime at least two years to try and get something going, so overall I think this is jumping the gun.

i agree about the new regime thing, but lerner has owned the browns for over 7 years now and this still has yet to win a single playoff game. cleveland is one of the biggest football towns in america and the only reason that modell moved the team is because he was broke and that guy from baltimore relieved him of his debt. it's like when a couple years ago everyone was worried about dan rooney not being a majority owner of the steelers and people feared the steelers movinig. why would anyone do that? they are either one or two iin biggest fan bases and they are the number one sport in pittsburgh. well football is still king in cleveland too and we aren't going anywhere.

i agree about the new regime thing, but lerner has owned the browns for over 7 years now and this still has yet to win a single playoff game. cleveland is one of the biggest football towns in america and the only reason that modell moved the team is because he was broke and that guy from baltimore relieved him of his debt. it's like when a couple years ago everyone was worried about dan rooney not being a majority owner of the steelers and people feared the steelers movinig. why would anyone do that? they are either one or two iin biggest fan bases and they are the number one sport in pittsburgh. well football is still king in cleveland too and we aren't going anywhere.

Baltimore was a big football town when the Colt's moved, but I will give you the argument, Cleveland is good for football and football is good for Cleveland. Add in this economy and a move is almost out of the question I agree, but this might be another of those be careful what you wish for moments...

Archived