THE BROWNS BOARD

How long has it been...

WPB Dawg Fan

Well, we all know that he didn't have one last week in 2 Quarters of work (and the preseason, but who counts that???)....but looking back to 2008 you will find this:

DA has not had a TD pass in his LAST 11 QUARTERS of football (last TD was vs Baltimore, wk 9, 3rd Q)

DA has had 5 INT's since his last TD.

The BROWNS have not scored a RUSHING TD with DA at QB in the same period of time.

So, if you compare DA's last 10 quarters vs BQ's 10 quarters this year:

DA: 32/59, 54.2%, 253 yds, 4.3 y/a, 0 TD's, 4 INT's

BQ: 45/74, 60.8%, 400 yds, 5.4 y/a, 1 TD, 3 INT's

The Browns have scored 15 points in DA's 10 quarters

The Browns have scored 26 points in BQ's 10 quarters

It is what it is...I just hope DA can turn that around.

If i was not hoping for a turnaround, I would not even be a Browns Fan.

so when the Browns start winning you will stop being a fan, and root for who? Detroit? Tampa? OAKLAND???

you hope for a turnaround only when things are not too positive.

Oh, I get it, you made a funny. Cute. Lame, but cute.

I don't care how bad the Browns are, I will ALWAYS hope they turn it around. I will ALWAYS hold out hope. Even if we were Detroit 2008 bad...I would HOPE for a TURNAROUND.

You gave up at 20-0.

I still see my self supporting the Browns and i dont go about starting uber negative threads about the quarterback esp after witnessing the plays of Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch.

this was less about being negative and more about WHY did they do the change. The coaches have all this info....so they KNOW that BQ was not the issue (or not the ENTIRE issue).

Also, it was time to put a little perspective on the BQ bashing going on in here. Not like MR. TD has done it lately either.

this was less about being negative and more about WHY did they do the change. The coaches have all this info....so they KNOW that BQ was not the issue (or not the ENTIRE issue).

Also, it was time to put a little perspective on the BQ bashing going on in here. Not like MR. TD has done it lately either.

I have a lot of opinions about the coaching too, but im waiting for 10 games to get over.

If this was about defending BQ, then do please make a some kind of reference about it. The way the clashes are going on here, it is more like Anti DA Vs Anti BQ.

I did not know this thread was a rebuttal for BQ bashing and I mistook u for someone who was just anti DA.

I am giving this team 3 years. I want to see PROGRESSION. Not only in wins, but in TALENT...and that means in DEPTH as well. I know our rookies aren't playing much of a role right now...but I think that was the reason we brought in the experienced guys...so we can ease them in over the course of the year. Looking at the early games, there wasn't a lot of easy games...and with Cinci/Denver playing better than expected...2 of those disappeared.

I really think we win 4 or 5 the second half of the season no matter who is at QB...as it will be about that time that the OL will be gelling, and the rookies weil be hitting their stride.

WPB there are only two things you're hoping for:

1) that your cockamamie story about "best chance to win this game" holds water.

2) that the Browns lose by 30+ points so that mangina would dare to consider putting Quinn back in.

you have no other hopes for this weekend.

Guest Masters

2) that the Browns lose by 30+ points so that mangina would dare to consider putting Quinn back in.

:rolleyes:

Well, we all know that he didn't have one last week in 2 Quarters of work (and the preseason, but who counts that???)....but looking back to 2008 you will find this:

DA has not had a TD pass in his LAST 11 QUARTERS of football (last TD was vs Baltimore, wk 9, 3rd Q)

The BROWNS have not scored a RUSHING TD with DA at QB in the same period of time.

a few things to note about this:

Three of Anderson's qtrs were in relief appearances after Quinn put the team in a hole

One of those relief qtrs included a documented end zone drop by Braylon (recorded in the stat books)

Four of Anderson's qtrs were against the Colts who only gave up 6 TD passes in all of 2008

In the one quarter prior to the 10 that WPB laid out, Anderson threw two TDs against the Ravens

7 of Quinn's points were on a punt return by Cribbs

7 more of Quinn's points were in the final 30 seconds of a blowout loss

6 more of Quinn's points were because of botched opening kickoff plays by the opposing team (MIN, DEN)

See, here is the difference between me and you. I have been here critiquing Quinn for the past 3 games...and looking at the team.

I have also stated in multiple threads that I believe that DA is going to do well this game because the matchup favors him.

You, on the other hand, all but disappeared during Quinns short tenure....and only came on to make an occasional quip of how poorly he is doing.

Have you ever, seriously, made ONE post that wasn't anti-quinn on at least some level?

As for ever wishing for a Browns loss...we could be tied for dead last, playing the team that was tied with us...with the BEST PLAYER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL waiting to be drafted at #1...and I still can't be sure I would root for a loss. It just isn't in me.

Both shit.

Right now I'd get rid of both and bring in someone like garcia if he will come back or just about anyone else out there. Ratliff or Bartel even. These two are garbage

Guest Masters

Ah, the excuses for DA....*sigh*.

Jesus H Christ Lum. That stuff would be like may saying the following:

What you just said about the IND game would be like me saying Quinn went against DEN D who is giving up less than 6 points a game and 0 passing TDs.

a few things to note about this:

Three of Anderson's qtrs were in relief appearances after Quinn put the team in a hole

One of those relief qtrs included a documented end zone drop by Braylon (recorded in the stat books)

Four of Anderson's qtrs were against the Colts who only gave up 6 TD passes in all of 2008

In the one quarter prior to the 10 that WPB laid out, Anderson threw two TDs against the Ravens

7 of Quinn's points were on a punt return by Cribbs

7 more of Quinn's points were in the final 30 seconds of a blowout loss

6 more of Quinn's points were because of botched opening kickoff plays by the opposing team (MIN, DEN)

Has DA gone 11 quarters without a TD??? Yes or No???

since then Anderson has played

1 more qtr in that BAL game

1 qtr vs Houston

4 qtrs in the Colts game

2 qtrs vs BAL last week.

That adds up to 8, not 11.

Epic post man, well put

Best proof yet

Archived