THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Ryan

mikebrancato

I'm not buying. He might talk better than Mangini, but he's overseen lousy defenses in Oakland and Cleveland. Let his defense be somewhere in the top half--not top ten, top half--in any significant category more than once in his career before giving him a shot.

Dennis

Not so fast, Dennis. He is undoubtedly in the top three Ryans who have coached in the NFL and share DNA w/ Buddy.

I liked him coming from Oakland................

I'll agree with that. Of all of Ryan's kids coaching in the NFL, he's definitely in the top ten.

Dennis

What i am saying is...... He may not be the best DC but he has the skill set to make a great coach. Pair him with an experienced OC and DC and i feel the results will be good. The Head coach position is more about managing the team. This skill set is more than intelligence or knowledge. Its about leadership. You see the same thing in business. Everyone wants to compare what Baltimore and Pittsburgh have done but the situation is totally different. The one thing they both got correct was finding a manager instead of a system. (they already had the system)

Have you guys been listening to his press conferences? I love his attitude and sense of responsibility. I feel he would make a great head coach. He would need an experienced OC and DC. What do you think?

I have thought the same thing from day one. The only thing I worry about is drafting of players and being a talent scout. I guess if we get a real GM for once that handles those responsibilities then he would definitely win over the players and follow him. Would be interesting.

I have thought the same thing from day one. The only thing I worry about is drafting of players and being a talent scout. I guess if we get a real GM for once that handles those responsibilities then he would definitely win over the players and follow him. Would be interesting.

We have a GM? Oh yeah here he is, I forgot.

Archived