THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Derek Anderson is once again summonsed to take reigns of the Browns when all seems lost. The last time he was so bestowed, The Browns had just come off a 4-12 Season, were flipping a coin to see who should quarterback, and had just gotten absolutely leveled by the Hated Steelers. He promptly blew the doors off the Bengals defense, won a barnburner over Carson Palmer and set the Browns off onto their best season since the 1999 reemergence.

Now he gets handed the reigns to another supposed jalopy ... The Browns are coming off a 4-12 Season, have already dropped the supposed QB of the future, and have just gotten absolutley leveled by the hated Ravens.

It can't be magic again, can it?

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1PM

The Bengals are feeling pretty good about themselves right now which is usually always a bad sign ... for the Bengals. They've edged the Packers and barely got past a nosediving 1-2 Steeler team. Impressive. Now comes the part where the Bengals become ... TaDa! ... the Bungles. Derek Anderson will rejuvenate a sputtering Browns offense by getting the ball quickly into the hands of his playmakers: Edwards, MoMass, Cribbs and Harrison. Yes, expect a track meet not unlike 07 ... for the Browns. And expect a meltdown of biblical portions, including two arrests, a beating and the first NFL player to come out of the closet while still playing ... for the Bungles this week after this disabling loss to the "lowly" Browns (Stay tuned ... they are not so lowly) BROWNS 41 BUNGLES 17

Baltimore at New England 1PM

Lots of talk that the Patriots have lost their edge. Yeah ... right. I wouldn't want my team heading to Foxboro this weekend ... but it couldn't be happening to a nice bunch of fellows. The Pats will swarm Joe Flacco like he has never seen the likes of ... and Tom Brady will carve up the Ravens D like ... Tom Brady. Too bad this game is on at the same time as the Browns... I wouldn't mind watching this ass-whooping. PATRIOTS 30 RAVENS 3

San Diego at Pittsburgh 8:20 PM

The Steelers are ensconced in mediocrity and I feel sooo bad for their fans. It's so much fun when they win. You get to wave gay yellow towels and declare yourself a "nation" and dress up your poor mutt in black and gold sweaters while he sits roasting by the fire. But when they lose ... then you look out the window, notice that you haven't seen the sun in five weeks, it's time to rake the weeds away from the trailer already and that ... shit ... you live in Pittsburgh. San Diego is beautiful place to live. And they have a better QB, better weapons, and could it be true ... a defense that is playing not so much worse the the Steelers? Yep, the Chargers are better. Oh ... and their kicker is not a douchebag, as far as I know. CHARGERS 23 STEELERS 20

Zombo

Jesus Christ you fooking DA haters are getting rather boring. LOL....Lighten the fook up already, he plays for your team. Bunch 'a commie bastards.

"How about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win? It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Nicely done Zombo, as always.

The Bengals are feeling pretty good about themselves right now which is usually always a bad sign ... for the Bengals. They've edged the Packers and barely got past a nosediving 1-2 Steeler team. Impressive. Now comes the part where the Bengals become ... TaDa! ... the Bungles. Derek Anderson will rejuvenate a sputtering Browns offense by getting the ball quickly into the hands of his playmakers: Edwards, MoMass, Cribbs and Harrison. Yes, expect a track meet not unlike 07 ... for the Browns. And expect a meltdown of biblical portions, including two arrests, a beating and the first NFL player to come out of the closet while still playing ... for the Bungles this week after this disabling loss to the "lowly" Browns (Stay tuned ... they are not so lowly) BROWNS 41 BUNGLES 17

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MUAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahh now that provided the laugh ive needed all week!

Thanks zombo we can always hope!

Bengals 44

Browns 9

Vegas, I was speaking more to the fact that every week Z predicts a Browns win and predicts the rest of the AFC North will lose, he'll do this despite all the evidence in the world that says the contrary.

It's entertaining, but not to be taken seriously...

Zombo has been doing TWITAFCN for quite some time. It is an institution on this board. If you guys think you can be more entertaining year in year out, week in week out, under the circumstances our fans have been through than by all means buck the fook up and lay it on the line.

I enjoy his commentary and I don't doubt there are VERY FEW here that can match his entertainment value.

Shit man you all need to douche the sand out. Your hatred for DA has run it's course. He is starting now. Don't like it? Than take a god damn sabbatical from the board. It did wonders for me.

Is there like an archive of these predictions somewhere?

Is it possible we could get a Zomboni guarantee for the Bengals game?

Shit man you all need to douche the sand out. Your hatred for DA has run it's course. He is starting now. Don't like it? Than take a god damn sabbatical from the board. It did wonders for me.
Inspecta Clouseau hates DA more than he loves the Browns. He has transformed into what he hates most. Lumbergh.

Derek Anderson is once again summonsed to take reigns of the Browns when all seems lost. The last time he was so bestowed, The Browns had just come off a 4-12 Season, were flipping a coin to see who should quarterback, and had just gotten absolutely leveled by the Hated Steelers. He promptly blew the doors off the Bengals defense, won a barnburner over Carson Palmer and set the Browns off onto their best season since the 1999 reemergence.

Now he gets handed the reigns to another supposed jalopy ... The Browns are coming off a 4-12 Season, have already dropped the supposed QB of the future, and have just gotten absolutley leveled by the hated Ravens.

It can't be magic again, can it?

Baltimore at New England 1PM

Lots of talk that the Patriots have lost their edge. Yeah ... right. I wouldn't want my team heading to Foxboro this weekend ... but it couldn't be happening to a nice bunch of fellows. The Pats will swarm Joe Flacco like he has never seen the likes of ... and Tom Brady will carve up the Ravens D like ... Tom Brady. Too bad this game is on at the same time as the Browns... I wouldn't mind watching this ass-whooping. PATRIOTS 30 RAVENS 3

San Diego at Pittsburgh 8:20 PM

The Steelers are ensconced in mediocrity and I feel sooo bad for their fans. It's so much fun when they win. You get to wave gay yellow towels and declare yourself a "nation" and dress up your poor mutt in black and gold sweaters while he sits roasting by the fire. But when they lose ... then you look out the window, notice that you haven't seen the sun in five weeks, it's time to rake the weeds away from the trailer already and that ... shit ... you live in Pittsburgh. San Diego is beautiful place to live. And they have a better QB, better weapons, and could it be true ... a defense that is playing not so much worse the the Steelers? Yep, the Chargers are better. Oh ... and their kicker is not a douchebag, as far as I know. CHARGERS 23 STEELERS 20

Zombo

WOW 0 FOR 3... Impressive bit of Homer induced Fantasy !!

I love how Zombo's excitement over TWITAFCN coincides with the return of DA. Shocking.

What about the MILFs...

C'mon man, I only mailed it in once, and that was week 2 when I couldn't get to a computer all weekend.

I was very complimentery of Quinn in this column, and I rooted very hard for him on Sundays.

It just didn't happen. So now it's full steam ahead with Ol' Horseballs.

Zombo

--and the MILF hunt is over. We have a winner. I've converted a lifelong Florida girl, and Dolphins fan, into a dedicated Browns backer in three weeks ... at least give me props for that. She even cut out the Browns schedule for me and framed it ... awwww.

Vegas, I was speaking more to the fact that every week Z predicts a Browns win and predicts the rest of the AFC North will lose, he'll do this despite all the evidence in the world that says the contrary.

It's entertaining, but not to be taken seriously...

No one gets more flustered with this thread than Inspecta, sometimes I wish he were a Steeler fan so I could yank the chain a little harder.

Who else do you know that correctly predicted the Steelers would lose to the Bears AND the Bengals?

Zombo

--and the MILF hunt is over. We have a winner. I've converted a lifelong Florida girl, and Dolphins fan, into a dedicated Browns backer in three weeks ... at least give me props for that. She even cut out the Browns schedule for me and framed it ... awwww.

Let me know if you need a pink #10 to give her. I've still got like 7 or 8 of em.

Archived